InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Quickie Monday update! Thought I would show you what the winter grow looks like, now that the crazy wind storm that blew through yesterday is over. The Durban slipped its supports and was blowing over at a 45º angle when I rescued it and moved them all inside. No permanent damage I'm happy to say!

Here they are this morning on day 59. Colombian Gold 2 on the left, Durban Poison on the right. Won't be long before I flip them:

They're on 4.5g/gallon straight MC.

And to keep this from being a one-pic post, here are the 10 Candida clones, ready to be split next weekend:

Two each in the left three, four in the far right. They're getting about 3.5g/gallon.

The winds are calm and the sun is out, so the goal now (as it is every winter), is that the radiant heat of the sun keeps the plants/roots above the 60º air temps. Soon as the sun drops below the roof line I remind my minions to move them indoors.

Hope your weekend went well, and that your transition to the work week is going smoothly! :ciao:

Plant pictures coming soon...watch this space :cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad to help PCa! Any shipping place or even Home Depot might carry something like that. If you have a bit more space, a "wardrobe box" should do the trick.

Thanks sb! Only issue is it gets cold in there at night. I may bring it in the house and throw a tarp over it to make it dark at night. We'll see...

A piece of glass would work as well, even smooth plastic. Anything you can smoothly drag a razor blade across would work.

30! That's the warranty on the material anyway. 7 years on the labor.

:thanks:

Thank you Boo! And the shingles did not come flying off in yesterday's wind storm. :thumb:

One of our resident colloidal silver (CS) experts (beez0404) wasn't able to get it to reverse, and no one has yet found the correct ppm for GA3, but that's the challenge that a few of us here are working on.

Thanks Caddie!

I haven't seen anyone try it with STS yet, but if the GA3 won't do it, that's next. What makes you think that STS will be an improvement over CS?
STS is ionized Silver Nitrate with a carrier Thiosulfate. It takes less product to reverse.

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:

CG and DP filled in nicely, and the DP doesn't look like it was bothered at all. She probably enjoyed it.
Not sure about that, but at least no worse for wear :).
CG and DP look like they can take a fair beating! But glad they weren't tested any harder.

Really excited for this round of the Candida project.
Thanks sy! Me too. :high-five:
Is that the colloidal thing?
CS is colloidal silver, STS is Silver Thiosulfate, GA3 is Gibberellic acid. All methods of reversing female plants to get pollen from them.

Hope that helps!

But they work in similar ways, which is why I wanted to give the GA3 a chance first. If that doesn't work then STS is next on the list!

Found this on a site I don't think I can link to:
"The process of feminization of seeds through colloidal silver is done through molecular diffusion. As these small silver particles enter through the plant’s cell walls, it will directly bond or attract to copper molecules. It could be recalled that the element copper is significant on sex expression to most plants including cannabis.

Thus, inhibiting the use of copper will aid to prevent the appearance of any female characteristics on the plant. Nonetheless, it will have no choice but to shift on generating male pollens as its survival instinct.

But for GA3...
"...oversupplying this hormone could result in hermaphroditism of the plant. That is why an originally female plant will develop male characteristics upon spraying a lot of this hormone."

Hi All,

I didn't have any luck with Colloidal Silver so I thought I'd have a go with GA3. My first go with the GA3 just gave me tall lanky plants that never showed male traits.

On my 2nd try, I cut the solution in half and just spritzed a little on the plant. We will see if this makes a difference. The first time I soaked the plants, once a day for 5 days before forcing them with a 12/12 schedule. This time, a little spritz for 5 days and then 12/12.

FP. :peace:

I am also using GA3 in my Hindu Kush journal, simply because the components were easier to find for me. I’ve got four different concentrations going to see which works (if any!) better than the others.

I hope it works for you, fellas!

But they work in similar ways, which is why I wanted to give the GA3 a chance first. If that doesn't work then STS is next on the list!

Found this on a site I don't think I can link to:
"The process of feminization of seeds through colloidal silver is done through molecular diffusion. As these small silver particles enter through the plant’s cell walls, it will directly bond or attract to copper molecules. It could be recalled that the element copper is significant on sex expression to most plants including cannabis.

Thus, inhibiting the use of copper will aid to prevent the appearance of any female characteristics on the plant. Nonetheless, it will have no choice but to shift on generating male pollens as its survival instinct.

But for GA3...
"...oversupplying this hormone could result in hermaphroditism of the plant. That is why an originally female plant will develop male characteristics upon spraying a lot of this hormone."
Wow! CS, STS, GA3. To the uninitiated they all sound like the names of car models. :Rasta:

Nice sturdy girls, Shed!

Glad to hear the minions /family are helping out with moving the plants . if ya want to smoke get off the toke LOL Good to hear your wind was in control and not any damage you can't fix !! Interesting about the hormone changing . O hea NO piss test yet and only 373.15 to go off visit me probation . Smoking but still miss growing :lot-o-toke:

I'll join in this seed game, all I need is another spray bottle. I have CS and a couple Candida's that volunteered.
I remember that beez liked to apply his CS with a paint brush, but he probably had too much time on his hands ;).
My first go with the GA3 just gave me tall lanky plants that never showed male traits. On my 2nd try, I cut the solution in half and just spritzed a little on the plant. We will see if this makes a difference. The first time I soaked the plants, once a day for 5 days before forcing them with a 12/12 schedule. This time, a little spritz for 5 days and then 12/12.
Thanks for stopping by FP! That's what happened with my first GA3 attempt, and @DonkeyDick's as well. This time around I'm trying three different lower dilutions to see which one works best. Come back and post updates here when you get them. :thanks:
I am also using GA3 in my Hindu Kush journal, simply because the components were easier to find for me. I’ve got four different concentrations going to see which works (if any!) better than the others.
I hope it works for you, fellas!
We'll be watching DAB!
Wow! CS, STS, GA3. To the uninitiated they all sound like the names of car models.
Nice sturdy girls, Shed!
Thanks GDB!
O hea NO piss test yet and only 373.15 to go off visit me probation . Smoking but still miss growing
Counting the days sb! I hope time flies for you. :Namaste:
Got a Question ,, are most or all CBD plant male ? I purchase from from a place in Oregon NC at really good prices and most time the buds have seeds .. Thanks
Most of the CBD seeds sold from the sponsors and others are feminized, but if you are finding seeds in your plants, that means that the strain you bought hasn't been stabilized to weed out the hermies from the genetic line. Probably why the prices are so good!

Wow! CS, STS, GA3. To the uninitiated they all sound like the names of car models. :Rasta:

Nice sturdy girls, Shed!
Yeah I’ve been driving a 2019 STS for a few months, handles like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom