I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

Day 71 - Veg Day 51 of 58ish:

Todays pics:
IMG_3599.jpeg

IMG_3600.jpeg

Yesterday’s canopy:
IMG_3603.jpeg

And today after tucking:
IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

So Slimer on the right is out of spots to go for some of the plant. Still have room front to back but not side to side.

Dana on the left is about there as well and it won’t be long before both of them have filled the net.

Both are still on the road to recovery ❤️‍🩹 they are praying for the light and looking much better than before.

What a whirlwind of a grow this has been!! I’m ready for things to level out a tad LOL.

It’s cooled off a little here in MN so we’ve shut the AC off and opened all the windows. Makes controlling the tent a little more challenging as I’m not pumping cool dry air into the tent. It is what it is. VPD is still at my goal 90% of the time :)

Think that’s it for today’s update!

What’s the consensus, time to remove anything that’s not at the net?

There are some leaves down there and some stuff that looks like it might be larf.

I thinking it’s time to chop that stuff off this weekend before I flip.

#nolarf

My opinion only, I let fan leaves stay and die off on their own for the most part. They will provide food for roots and plant until they can’t, I will remove popcorn and lower flower growth periodically to redirect energy to the tops as much as possible.

My opinion only, I let fan leaves stay and die off on their own for the most part. They will provide food for roots and plant until they can’t, I will remove popcorn and lower flower growth periodically to redirect energy to the tops as much as possible.
Makes sense to me! I was going that route originally and then it all went sideways.
Not a bad idea to leave the lowers so long as chop the flower sites.

#nolarf

WooHoo! ❤️

The Girlz are looking so much better! Great job taking back control!
Thanks! They wouldn’t look as good if it wasn’t for everyone that has helped!

I sooo happy that they are starting to look a little healthier! Nets almost full and they are reaching for the light!

Flip city coming soon!

I wouldn't worry too much about removing things yet. :hmmmm: 🙄

The PGC is going to stretch when you flip it, and you'll want to continue to weave it into the net for as long as possible. You'll have plenty to remove as you're working your weave. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How much headroom do you have above the net before hitting the light at it's maximum height? :hmmmm: It can get tall and you've vegged for a long time.:hmmmm:🤠:bong:

How much headroom do you have above the net before hitting the light at it's maximum height?
I’m guessing 3’ but I will have to measure this afternoon when I get home.

If I need to I can change the configuration on my exhaust fan and probably gain another foot or so.

I’m guessing 3’ but I will have to measure this afternoon when I get home.

If I need to I can change the configuration on my exhaust fan and probably gain another foot or so.
Yep, :) you need to weave it into the net for as long as possible or you'll be in the lights,:oops: if your PGC behaves like most of ours.🤠:bong:

Day 72 - Veg Day 52 of 58ish:

Todays pics:
IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

And yesterday’s:
IMG_3607.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

I didn’t get pics after the tuck today but Slimer, on the right, does not have much more room for me to tuck and weave in the middle. I can only go front or back.

Dana, on the left, has a little more room than Slimer but is not that far behind.

I tell you though, as much of a pain in the ass it is getting to all parts of the net in my set up, I do think 2 plant scrog is the future for me. I was going to to 4 plants next grow with 4 different strains and I’ve already decided that it’s going to be a 2 strain game of fill the net!

I know there is a name for it but when I was tucking and weaving today I ran into some wet spots on the leaves. I think it’s from the leaves perspiring but I’m not 100% on that.

Also had to feed them again today, pretty much an every day thing now.

Well that’s about it for today!

Day 72 - Veg Day 52 of 58ish:

Todays pics:
IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

And yesterday’s:
IMG_3607.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

I didn’t get pics after the tuck today but Slimer, on the right, does not have much more room for me to tuck and weave in the middle. I can only go front or back.

Dana, on the left, has a little more room than Slimer but is not that far behind.

I tell you though, as much of a pain in the ass it is getting to all parts of the net in my set up, I do think 2 plant scrog is the future for me. I was going to to 4 plants next grow with 4 different strains and I’ve already decided that it’s going to be a 2 strain game of fill the net!

I know there is a name for it but when I was tucking and weaving today I ran into some wet spots on the leaves. I think it’s from the leaves perspiring but I’m not 100% on that.

Also had to feed them again today, pretty much an every day thing now.

Well that’s about it for today!
Back in the day COFinest helped me out the most with SCROG. Haven’t seen or heard from him in a long time so I hope he’s ok, but if you review his old stuff he was a master. Helped me get 19.4 oz out of a single BD in a 25ga fabric pot in a 5x4. Can’t recommend highly enough!

Back in the day COFinest helped me out the most with SCROG. Haven’t seen or heard from him in a long time so I hope he’s ok, but if you review his old stuff he was a master. Helped me get 19.4 oz out of a single BD in a 25ga fabric pot in a 5x4. Can’t recommend highly enough!
DAMN!

That’s pretty impressive! I will have to search him.

I think next time there is going to be more aggressive LST happening at the start so I can weave the outside a little more there.

But I will look COFinest up as it sounds like he knows a thing or three.

DAMN!

That’s pretty impressive! I will have to search him.

I think next time there is going to be more aggressive LST happening at the start so I can weave the outside a little more there.

But I will look COFinest up as it sounds like he knows a thing or three.
I wouldn’t recommend trying for that again for myself or anyone though, requires a great deal of patience and attention. I’d rather do more in less time any day even though it’s cool to do that at least once to know you can.

I'm trying to get these girls looking something like that. Apple fritters. They're around 80 days veg or so, 4x4 600w fluence spydr

20240722_175317.jpg

Day 73 - Veg Day 53 of 58ish:

Todays pics:
IMG_3616.jpeg

IMG_3617.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3620.jpeg

And today after the tuck:
IMG_3618.jpeg

IMG_3619.jpeg

Ok I think I’m done doing today vs yesterday after this post. They are in a good spot now and looking 1000x better!

Day time DLI numbers are easy. Nighttime is a STRUGLE, and forget the DLI for a moment my night time RH is a STRUGGLE!!

Lights off I’m from 64% and 69% and my temps are 81° - 71°. I have the nighttime temp set to 70° but that is if the tent ever gets there. It has a stready decline from lights off where it’s at 81° and then by lights on it’s @ 71°.

I have a Vivosun dehumidifier in there but it doesn’t have any set point or controls at all. It’s on or off and that’s it. I don’t think it’s doing the trick. I’m going to see if I can find something else to help. I’m not as concerned now but this is going to be an issue come late flower, I DO NOT want budrot again!!

Any way that’s not for this Friday’s edition!!

Quick little update. I had a new supplemental dehumidifier delivered this morning from the Zon. Have to love 4am - 8am delivery the morning after I ordered!

Anyway it’s in there now and is said to hold 800 sqft at 48% rh. I don’t believe the hype, however I now have 2 smaller dehuey’s in there and should help with those overnight humidity spikes. I’m perfectly fine if I have to run the humidifier along side of them if it gets too dry.

It is also a good test run for when it comes to the hang.

Also they both took a gallon each this morning about 18 hours after their last feeding. I did about 1/2 from the top to help keep the res’s from depleting so quickly.

Opened the tent this morning and they are looking sooo much better lots of nice dark green going on. I will do an update later today likely with some pics!

Day 74 - Veg Day 54 of 58ish:

Todays pics:
IMG_3628.jpeg

IMG_3629.jpeg

And after the tuck & weave:
IMG_3636.jpeg

IMG_3635.jpeg

I got a little more aggressive with the tucking today and pull the net up and laid everything down that I could without getting to crazy.

The green is looking much better now too!
IMG_3633.jpeg

I also hooked up the tube that came with my humidifier so that I can direct the humidity towards the plants and probe and no towards the dehumidifier’s:
IMG_3632.jpeg

And wife was going through stuff in the hall closet and found a mango seed she had put in to sprout about 6 months ago and it’s still alive!! So in the tent it goes.
IMG_3630.jpeg

Not sure what will happen with it. Especially since I’m going to be flipping in the matter of days but let’s see LOL.

Kids got free tickets to go to Vikings preseason game today so wife and I are going to grab a bite and a drink.

Have a great weekend all!

IMG_3636.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom