I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

I may be wrong but I still stand by laying off the nutes for a bit, they look the opposite of hungry to me at the moment. Good luck!
I know nothing other than what I have read in these forums as it relates to this. But from what I understand with Promix it’s a feed every time as it doesn’t have any nutes in it.

Though I see your point in saying that if they are over fed skip a feeding and just go with water.

At this point I am seeing daily improvements and I’m likely to stick the course as it pertains to nutes. Maybe I would see improvement faster if I skipped a feeding here and there? But with me chasing this grow all over the place I’m not sure I want to test that theory LOL!!

Or am I missing something?

I edited my post with my logic why after your response :)

Also, when treating mild deficiency you will actually see improvement for new and old growth; whereas, with overages as in too much of anything I find that once the damage is done you will only see improvements for new growth for the most part. Therefore when in doubt I back off of feeding or light or water based on assessment and take daily pics of new growth as well as whole plant to compare throughout the adjustment process. I grow organic but have experimented with hydro and not quite organic in the past as well so I always suggest keeping your method in mind when diagnosing. Organic takes roughly 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to see results of adjustment and many of us forget that so we end up getting impatient and overadjusting. Please try to resist that temptation because I can tell you whenever I had done that in the past it didn’t work out in my nor the plants favor. Hope this helps at least a little.

Also to your point about pro mix. That is exactly correct straight from the bag. I would admonish anyone in similar situation or first grow to go ahead with purchasing the nutes and amendments they need to get started and start cooking a batch for their next grow. Use any method you prefer, I’ve seen and had great success with Doc Bud method, I’ve seen and had great success with my method, I’ve seen great success with others that I haven’t tried myself. If so inclined experiment until you find what works for you. If I had to sum up mine it pretty much boils down to the worms, compost and teas derived from grandpa and 420 experiments including Doc Buds and others. If purchasing nutes I’d highly recommend following @Bill284 and @Gee64, for tea I’d recommend following Gee, Azi and likeminded folks, etc. Lot of info to be had here and I hope I can steer at least a few more towards organic.

Also wondering if it might be time to increase MC to 4.75gr/gal +1gr/gal of epsom. Everything I see says they are still hungry. But in saying that all new growth has light green to yellow tips so probably not a great idea.
Before messing with the nutes I'd run another slurry test on both to see if the sulfur has gotten you back under 6.0 pH.

For the record I can't remember ever going over 4.5g/gallon in veg, but I'm outside.

At some point I am sure I will probably give organics a go! Now is not that time but I really like the idea of it.

This is the great thing about this hobby, many many rabbit holes to go down. I’m down one right now that’s for sure :)

So this pic was July 19th and a couple of days after I added the sulfur:
IMG_3460.jpeg

This is today:
IMG_3584.jpeg

Certainly heading in the right direction:)

Before messing with the nutes I'd run another slurry test on both to see if the sulfur has gotten you back under 6.0 pH.

For the record I can't remember every going over 4.5g/gallon in veg, but I'm outside.
Thank you for the reminder! Let me go and do a slurry test really quick

Sweet, that makes the improvement much clearer to see, great job!

For the record I can't remember ever going over 4.5g/gallon in veg, but I'm outside.
Remember when you questioned the info I had regarding sulfur and the amount to use? Do you also remember when I said I was going to roll the dice?

Well I am here to say…… I went overboard hahaha. PH is now 4.0 for both plants and I took soil samples from halfway down the buckets :(

Now to learn how to un fuck my un fucked fuck up.

I have the dolomite lime. I’m not sure I can flush until next weekend. Think I can skip that and just amend the lime or should I wait?

From the reading I’m seeing the general theme is 2TBlspn per 1 gallon of media. I have roughly 4 gallons of media in these buckets.

I think I’m going to start with 3 tablespoons and see where that lands me.

I can not find anything that says x amount of lime per x amount of media gains you x amount of ph

That would be helpful:)

For my own benefit, I am not ashamed to admit I had no clue about a sulfur deficiency and am curious what other signs/symptoms aside from PH readings would indicate that if you or anyone else can share?

For my own benefit, I am not ashamed to admit I had no clue about a sulfur deficiency and am curious what other signs/symptoms aside from PH readings would indicate that if you or anyone else can share?
The sulfur was to correct (or over correct as may be the case :) ) the high pH of the ProMix substrate, which has a recommended range up to around 6.0. At 6.2 the manufacturer recommends lowering it back into the high 5s using either sulfur or high ammoniacal nitrogen fertilizers.

The sulfur was to correct (or over correct as may be the case :) ) the high pH of the ProMix substrate, which has a recommended range up to around 6.0. At 6.2 the manufacturer recommends lowering it back into the high 5s using either sulfur or high ammoniacal nitrogen fertilizers.
Admittedly haven’t pulled out a ph meter in at least 5 years, not that it’s not important - just lucky to have a decent balance using organic that I got to a point I didn’t think I needed to monitor the same values over and over again. A quick search showed that other signs include yellowing leaves and stunted growth which could be any number of other problems so I’m thinking PH is the best indicator for sulphur:)

4.0? I hope you re-calibrated your meter before trusting that reading? I would expect much worse condition @ 4.0ph!
I did not recalibrate as it was just recalibrated on the last use and less than a month ago. However I did test it to tap water and it had the same reading as my ph meter did.

Should be a good reading, I would think.

Also is there a potential that the top half of media is lower ph and the bottom is higher considering the sulfur was only amended to the top 1” of the media?

Back
Top Bottom