I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

How is it going @Ke0ncp I just caught up.

I see you finally got your ladies on the mend. :welldone:

PGC is a very vibrant plant when she grows. Now that she has turned the corner get started on some training to control the stretch. If you leave this plant to itself it will over whelm your grow space before the stretch stops. I am currently growing one PGC in a 3x3 also, and it took all the training I know to keep it at 69 inches in a 72 inch tent.

I normally don't do this but it will give you and idea of the stretch to come. This is also a SIP grow.

Make sure you ladies are good and healthy before you flip; she will exploded once flowering kicks in or about a week after 12/12. The fun is about to begin.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

How is it going @Ke0ncp I just caught up.

I see you finally got your ladies on the mend. :welldone:

PGC is a very vibrant plant when she grows. Now that she has turned the corner get started on some training to control the stretch. If you leave this plant to itself it will over whelm your grow space before the stretch stops. I am currently growing one PGC in a 3x3 also, and it took all the training I know to keep it at 69 inches in a 72 inch tent.

I normally don't do this but it will give you and idea of the stretch to come. This is also a SIP grow.

Make sure you ladies are good and healthy before you flip; she will exploded once flowering kicks in or about a week after 12/12. The fun is about to begin.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks a bunch Tok!

Yeah I’m working on getting that net filled and then I’m likely to install a second net about a foot above that one to control that stretch if I need to.

I’m going to keep an eye on them and make sure that they are healthy before flip.

I am seeing that they are fully emptying their reservoirs in about 16 hours for 2 days in a row! I might have to move to 2 feedings a day at this point or employ a top water every other day to help with the dehumidifier sucking up all the moisture! Though the catch basin for it is not all that big and only has a little bit of water in it.

Thanks for the tips there! Your PGC lady is looking very “tree like” over there!!

Well I am a jack ass!!! I realized this morning that the switch on my lights timer was set to unswitched, meaning they have been on 24/7 since Saturday I think it was I made that change….. they are looking like shit again but I know why LOL.

This also explains the crazy amount that they started drinking / was evaporating.

I checked the damn timer 5 times to make sure that the little prongs that indicate on or off where correctly set and didn’t even think to check the switch on the side of it to make sure it was actually on!!!

Will do an update this afternoon, was just getting ready to post yesterdays update and the site went down.

Well I am a jack ass!!! I realized this morning that the switch on my lights timer was set to unswitched, meaning they have been on 24/7 since Saturday I think it was I made that change….. they are looking like shit again but I know why LOL.

This also explains the crazy amount that they started drinking / was evaporating.

I checked the damn timer 5 times to make sure that the little prongs that indicate on or off where correctly set and didn’t even think to check the switch on the side of it to make sure it was actually on!!!

Will do an update this afternoon, was just getting ready to post yesterdays update and the site went down.
Your not the only one to ever leave the lights on. 🙄 I've done it a few times and fortunately it was during veg. :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Day 64 - Veg Day 44 of 58ish:

Ok well here is todays pic:
IMG_3524.jpeg

Here is Mondays pic:
IMG_3526.jpeg

They are heading in the wrong direction again, but I know why and it’s been fixed.

Poor ladies haven’t had any shut eye in 3 - 5 days….

Lights are back on a 16/8 schedule and I expect them to show signs of recovery by the weekend.

I also put the humidifier back into service as all of a sudden I was seeing VPD at 1.8 I am now back at 1.1 95% of the time in the last 24 hours.

Still will all of the abuse I’ve thrown at the ladies they still grow. I’ve added another 10 days to my estimated veg cycle to allow a full recover and that net to be full!!

I feel like an ass for not picking up on the light situation…

Glad it wasn’t during flower though!!!

Just want to mention that going from 24/0 to 16/8 might be enough to send them into flower if they got used to those hours since Saturday. Might want to move them to 20/4 and dim/raise the lights for the DLI.
I didn’t even think of that!

Can I slow roll them back to 18/6 by an hour a day or every other day?

Ok raised the lights and this is what it’s looking like.

Goal is 45
An avg of: 45.86
Low (outer edges of the net): 35.98
High(dead center) 54.76

I raised the lights up about 6 inches and turned them up as well.

I might raise them up a tad to try and make that high/low swing a little less..

Day 65 - Veg Day 45 of 58ish:

Todays pic:
IMG_3541.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3543.jpeg

Still not looking stellar and mentally I’ve pretty much written this grow off. Just hope I can pull a few ounce of decent bud off of them.

I’m going to let it ride through the next 2 weeks and flip them. I’m hoping net will be full and they will be a little healthier by then as well. If not then oh well…

Looking at today vs yesterday they seem to be going in the wrong direction again.

I’m thinking it’s time to go away from promix and do something different in the sips for the next grow.

Day 65 - Veg Day 45 of 58ish:

Todays pic:
IMG_3541.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3543.jpeg

Still not looking stellar and mentally I’ve pretty much written this grow off. Just hope I can pull a few ounce of decent bud off of them.

I’m going to let it ride through the next 2 weeks and flip them. I’m hoping net will be full and they will be a little healthier by then as well. If not then oh well…

Looking at today vs yesterday they seem to be going in the wrong direction again.

I’m thinking it’s time to go away from promix and do something different in the sips for the next grow.
They may not look stellar but I’m sure you can still get some decent buddage off her. I’d stick to feeding just EWC and rain water for a bit with a little diluted molasses personally. Just my .02 :) good luck

Curious, how did you prep your pro mix? Did you cook, add any bone meal or rock phosphates, add EWC? I generally cook mine at least 60 days then mix with last years before using…

Curious, how did you prep your pro mix? Did you cook, add any bone meal or rock phosphates, add EWC? I generally cook mine at least 60 days then mix with last years before using…
I “charged” it to run off with .5gr/gal of MegaCrop at 82° for 24 hours and then in the seeds went.

EWC?

IF I use the rest of this promix I will amend it with sulfur to keep the ph in range.

2 months prep for a grow for just the media I think is more than I have time to deal with honestly.

Interested to hear your process though!

Geez, ProMix HP is dirt cheap, dump what you have left and start fresh !

I've been using it for years with 0 issues...

Cheers
I had the same thoughts!

This bale is a mess…

Geez, ProMix HP is dirt cheap, dump what you have left and start fresh !

I've been using it for years with 0 issues...

Cheers
You amend anything or “cook” it or just roll with it right out of the bag?

I “charged” it to run off with .5gr/gal of MegaCrop at 82° for 24 hours and then in the seeds went.

EWC?

IF I use the rest of this promix I will amend it with sulfur to keep the ph in range.

2 months prep for a grow for just the media I think is more than I have time to deal with honestly.

Interested to hear your process though!
So for my first comment, whenever I see a problem I always back off on compost and any other form of feeding. EWC and molasses will never harm plant. Then all you need to do is watch new growth for any early signs of deficiency before starting with compost etc in your feeding schedule. Where most run into problems is over compensating in one direction or the other. Just relax, focus on what new growth is doing foremost and only make adjustments in small doses and watch. I’ve butchered many a plant over the years and have still gotten 4oz or more out of ones much smaller than yours is at so unless space is a big concern I’d ride it out and try to learn from it.

Agreed, nobody wants to wait two months, especially for first grow. But keep in mind that all the myco that comes with your pro mix will be dead before you even get started if you don’t feed and nurture the microbes. Year 1 do at least a 30 day cook, then start cooking next batch at least 2 months before year 1 is ready for harvest then rinse and repeat. And hell if I was back at year 1 knowing what I know now I’d mix 30% perlite, 10% compost, 10% pro mix, and 50% EWC to get off to a good start then scale back EWC until pro mix gets up to about 50% for my new cooks.

You amend anything or “cook” it or just roll with it right out of the bag?
Straight out of the bale, precharged with 1g/gallon of MC a day before transplant.

Doesn't matter if the bale is new or a year old, same results...

A sprinkle of DYNOMYCO C mycorrhizal in the prepared hole for insurance;)

Not really necessary as ProMix HP already has it in their mix, they say it's good for a year ..

And I've found less Mega Crop one part is better, slight tip burn is almost too much !

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom