I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

Day 57 - Veg Day 37 of 48ish:

I do believe I am on day 3 of improvement!!!

Today:
IMG_3483.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3485.jpeg

I also had to take the ladies completely out of the tent as when I gave them a gallon it leaked out of the drain holes and had a bunch of nute water in there and made the humidity rise. And for some damn reason the dehumidifier was off…

Either way I recentered the plants on the net a little, not seen in either of the pics. Will see it during tomorrows up date.

I do think however that I should be in good enough shape to do a defoliation this weekend. I’m thinking all potential bid sites that are currently under the net. Leaving all water leaves that are in ok shape and removing all that are 50% or more damaged.

Next week, depending on progress, I will resume my DLI and VPD schedule and pick up where I left off.

I’m also thinking I am going to have to add an additional 7 - 10 days to veg to fill this net as there was a stunt in growth with all of this.

Feels good to be heading in the right direction and thanks to all that helped and stuck through this with me!

I also didn’t get around to the slurry test and I’m going to get one done this weekend and then again the following weekend to ensure that the amount of Sulfer put me where I wanted to. This way I have a solid measurement moving forward with with this bale of promix.

Looking good!
I still have the same prob with one of my Coockies... - so she get's just water too.

Looking good!
I still have the same prob with one of my Coockies... - so she get's just water too.
I feeding mine, just changed up the amounts and added Epsom salt :) and then had to adjust the ph of my media.

Day 58 - Veg Day 38 of 48ish:

Still making a strong recovery ❤️‍🩹

Today:
IMG_3490.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3491.jpeg

Can see they are a little more centered towards the back than they were before.

I did a little trimming on them today but not much. There is a lot that needs to go that won’t hit the net. I’m thinking I might wait until the second week of flower and really get in there and take it all off waist down!! I mean from the net down!!

Either way they are making a strong recovery. Slurry test to happen this weekend and again the next.

Next Tuesday I will increase VPD from 1.0 to 1.0 and turn the humidifier back on to keep VPD in line.

I’m going to need to pic up a secondary heater as well to run day time and night time temps. Or I’m going to kick the lights off of the controller and just put them on a timer. Then can control day time and night time temps with one heater :)

This will help with my VPD goals as well.

Off to get the kiddos :)

Day 59 - Veg Day 39 of 48ish:

Still on the right path!!

Today:
IMG_3497.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3498.jpeg

After looking at them today I am going to hold off on any defoliation until after I flip. That way I have a solid idea of what is what. They are kind of a mess under the net and I want to make sure I’m maximizing :)

I have decided to move the lights to a timer and the heater to the controller so that I can seperate out day and night temps better and in doing so also be able to dry the air out a bit more. I’m not super impressed with this dehumidifier I have, I need to go through set up on it again and make sure it’s actually set correctly. I have a feeling it will work better for curing than growing …

Anyway off to meet the wife for a quick happy hour!

Day 40 - Veg Day 40 of 48ish:

Well I couldn’t resist to defoliate a little and adjust some of the LST to move those lower branches to the outside of the net and free up some room in the middle of the net for the stuff higher up.

I’m not sure I will scrog again until I find a location for the tent where I have at least 3 points of access. Currently I can only access the tent from the front, so trimming and training is a bitch!

They are a bit funky looking now but hopefully I’m making the right moves with them to fill that net in the next week - 10 days and then flip :)

I also must say I LOVE my ACI 69pro controller!! Set up the automation for the heater so it’s 80° during lights on and 67° at lights off. It also has a buffer in there so that it turns on at 78.9° and off at 80.0° then it will naturally continue to rise a degree or two and then fall. So there heater is not constantly on/off/on.

This is also putting me pretty much right at a VPD of 1.1 without even trying :) which is going to be my goal starting Tuesday, so no changes need to be made!

Reservoirs are on E and I forgot the RO water in the car so it is currently sitting in front of an AC register chilling and they will get topped off this afternoon.

Here they are in their current fugly state, still on the road to recovery. I can’t wait until that net is full of lush greenery:)

IMG_3502.jpeg

IMG_3503.jpeg

IMG_3504.png

Ohh I also forgot to mention that I might have found out what was “wrong” with my dehumidifier….. it was plugged into the power strip that was controlling my lights….

So that means the longest it’s ran is 16 hours and in all reality probably 8 hours as I don’t think I have ever turned it on at lights on….

So I will see how it really does in the next 24 hours or so.

That front right one I’m actually pulling down and out so it makes it to the outside edge of the net. Naturally it’s probably 6” above the net and j had just been tucking it down but I’m trying to make some room in the middle.

I really am just guessing here as to how it’s going to work out LOL. And I’m assuming I’m going to have to add a secondary net but time will tell.

Day 61 - Veg Day 41 of 48ish:

Todays pic:
IMG_3506.jpeg

Yesterday’s pic:
IMG_3508.jpeg

Still moving in the right direction! They went through their entire reservoirs in 24 hours! That’s about .75 gallons each. I’m assuming that they are chomping through their feed in attempt to get themselves healthy again and they are starting to pick up in growth speed. I also am assuming that having the dehumidifier in there is biting off some of that moisture as well.

Speaking of dehumidifier, it’s not really doing much and I think that keeping a VPD higher that 1.2 is going to be a difficult task. It does do a pretty OK ish job of keeping right around 60% so will be titts for the hang!!

I’m am still thinking flip is going to happen next Sunday on day 48.

Anyone have any strong opinions on why I should wait longer than the 48 days? My thinking is that the screen will be mostly filled and the ladies look like they are on track to be plenty healthy by then.

I also have a second screen coming today in case I need to tame that stretch some people are seeing with these PGC ladies.

Will get in and defoliate next weekend as well. Slimer is almost there but Dana has some work to do to then that lower section down!

IMG_3507.jpeg

Well that’s it for now. Pool time with the kiddos!

And in case you didn’t know, I ain’t afraid of no ghosts??!!

Day 61 - Veg Day 41 of 48ish:

Todays pic:
IMG_3506.jpeg

Yesterday’s pic:
IMG_3508.jpeg

Still moving in the right direction! They went through their entire reservoirs in 24 hours! That’s about .75 gallons each. I’m assuming that they are chomping through their feed in attempt to get themselves healthy again and they are starting to pick up in growth speed. I also am assuming that having the dehumidifier in there is biting off some of that moisture as well.

Speaking of dehumidifier, it’s not really doing much and I think that keeping a VPD higher that 1.2 is going to be a difficult task. It does do a pretty OK ish job of keeping right around 60% so will be titts for the hang!!

Anyone have any strong opinions on why I should wait longer than the 48 days? My thinking is that the screen will be mostly filled and the ladies look like they are on track to be plenty healthy by then.

I also have a second screen coming today in case I need to tame that stretch some people are seeing with these PGC ladies.

Will get in and defoliate next weekend as well. Slimer is almost there but Dana has some work to do to then that lower section down!

IMG_3507.jpeg

Well that’s it for now. Pool time with the kiddos!

And in case you didn’t know, I ain’t afraid of no ghosts??!!
WooHoo!

Looks like the new growth is coming in Greener! If they keep eating like that, flipping next Sunday should work out Well! ❤️

I would flip based on health of the plant so if you need a few more days to fully catch up i think you'd be better off waiting. The hormone change after flip is stressful enough that you don't want to send an ongoing repair job into the void.

I would flip based on health of the plant so if you need a few more days to fully catch up i think you'd be better off waiting. The hormone change after flip is stressful enough that you don't want to send an ongoing repair job into the void.
Makes sense to me. I will keep and eye and see how they are doing this time next week.

I also second what Azi said. I'm experiencing it first hand, my plant and potential yield suffered because I flipped an unhealthy plant. That being said your girls are recovering quickly and a week is a long time away. Keep up the great turn around and those ghosts will be haunting rewarding you in no time 👻 .

Day 62 - Veg Day 42 of 48ish:

And still making progress. The improvements are not as noticeable as they were before but still inching in the right direction.

Today:
IMG_3513.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3515.jpeg

Reservoirs were empty again today and I forgot to mention that I jumped from 4.25gr/gal to 4.5gr yesterday and then again today. To me now that they are consuming nutes again they need to get some food into them without over doing it.

Looking at how they are growing that net should be full by the time flip comes. And then as mentioned I have a secondary net to put into place if needed for the stretch.

I bought another UIS to plug converter for the controller so that I can take the humidifier off the controller and put the lights back on it. I just like the comfort of knowing that my timer is right :)

Here is their underside. Lots of work to do on Dana, on the left, Slimer has a little work to do but not a whole lot.
IMG_3514.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom