I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

Day 52 - Veg Day 32 of 48ish

We’ll still trucking along, looking really fugly they are.

No real improvements or signs that I’ve turned the corner yet, waiting for this sulfur to kick in is killing me!!! And my plants for that matter haha.

Environment numbers today are a repeat of yesterday with the exception of lights off. Raising the temp 70° shaved 2% off of the humidity so that’s not bad. Over night temp avg was 69.5° and rh avg was 59.2 so I think actually shaved 4% off of the rh.

Daytime numbers were exactly the same as yesterday with that rise to 82° by 11:30 ish am and then a steady decline through the rest of the day to stabilize at 74° and 51.8% rh which gives me a VPD of 1.2 so not far off of VPD target but maybe a little cool for temp? I’m thinking I want that at 80° would be my ideal temp?

They are still growing though and don’t need a feeding today or probably tomorrow. Will need to do some tucking by Sunday as well. Hopefully start to see things going in the right direction soon :)

IMG_3450.jpeg

IMG_3451.jpeg
WooHoo!

If you compare these pics side by side with the last set, I think you would see Noticeably less droop, less leaf edge foldover, and some lowers have less bloat. ❤️

I think recovery would go quicker if you lowered the night humidity more. Either raise the heater a couple degrees, or go ahead and set up the dehumidifier?

To me, I shoot for 78 to 82 deg F during lights on. Not sure it you would tweak the in and out fans, or pull the intake away from the register a bit?
Ohh question.

The really funky stuff. Leave it until the plants drop them naturally is what my plan is. Any reason why I should trim them other than esthetics?
Your choice, I usually take them cause it makes it easier to notice if anything new starts. But definitely clean the ones that hit the soil to avoid mold/mildew growth!
❤️

If you compare these pics side by side with the last set, I think you would see Noticeably less droop, less leaf edge foldover, and some lowers have less bloat. ❤️
I will need to take a look. In all honesty when opened the tent I thought they looked worse but then again that could be the leaves that got hit the hardest dying off.
I think recovery would go quicker if you lowered the night humidity more. Either raise the heater a couple degrees, or go ahead and set up the dehumidifier?
Ok dehumidifier is in and on so let’s see how that works.
To me, I shoot for 78 to 82 deg F during lights on. Not sure it you would tweak the in and out fans, or pull the intake away from the register a bit?
Yeah I would feel better about that as well. I think you’re right about the register. I’m going to put the intake fan back where it was and see how it does there as previously the register was off. This will move it about a foot further away.
Your choice, I usually take them cause it makes it easier to notice if anything new starts. But definitely clean the ones that hit the soil to avoid mold/mildew growth!
❤️
I’m going to leave them and let the plants use anything they need from them.

Day 53 - Veg Day 33 of 48ish

Well I must say things are starting to turn around for them, if ever so slightly.

Here is today’s picture:
IMG_3458.jpeg

And here is yesterday’s
IMG_3460.jpeg

It takes some zooming in and flipping back and forth but they are starting to green up a bit. I didn’t grab a picture but there is some new growth that’s happening underneath the canopy that is a nice color green. Just little stuff that is likely larf that will get cut anyway. But it’s a good sign.

Reservoirs are pretty much empty but I’m letting that ride until tomorrow when they will get another 1/2 gal each of 4.5mc+1epsom/gal from the top. I will probably keep the top water thing going for at least a full 2 weeks from when I amended the sulfur to ensure it’s properly in there!

Here are my night time numbers
IMG_3456.png

And my day time for today so far
IMG_3457.png

Well that about it for today. Wife and I are pooped. We spent the day pulling everything out of the garage, cleaning and putting it back in. Time for a cold one, a toke, some tunes and pop in the pool!

Day 54 - Veg Day 34 of 48ish

Todays comparison to yesterday:

Today:
IMG_3464.jpeg

And yesterday:
IMG_3468.jpeg

Looking a little pale again :(

Top fed with 1/2 each of 4.5+1epsom/gal didn’t seem to add to the reservoirs at all so I will check in on them in a bit and see if I need to feed them a little more.

Environmentally speaking it’s all the same and seems to be where I need them to be for the most part. Once the plants are healthy again I will dial in the VPD.

Was pouring with rain and the wife was shopping so I decided it was a good opportunity to make a bunch of pre rolls to hand out to friends. I think I went a little crazy and ground up an oz.

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3466.jpeg

And I ran out of papers!
IMG_3467.jpeg

Oh well now I have some ready to pack the bowl, a few times!!

Day 55 - Veg Day 35 of 48ish:

Well they are most certainly heading back in the wrong direction….

I am not sure what else to do at this point than continue the course I’m on and wait for the Sulfur to kick in, should take 2 weeks from what I’m reading and today is exactly 7 day. So hopefully I will start to see some change this week.

Todays pic:
IMG_3472.jpeg

Yesterday’s pic:
IMG_3474.jpeg

I’m also noticing a bit of nute burn on the tips so I’m backing up a little from 4.5 to 4.25.

They have gone through their reservoirs though so I’m going to up the feed volume a tad and give them each .75 gallons of 4.25 gr+1grEpsom/gal today.

I think that’s it for today.

And in case you don’t know, I ain’t afraid of no ghost???

I ended up giving them both a gallon in case I am not reading them correctly at this givin time and they are just hungry.

I think that the environment is stabilized now and the dehumidifier will take care of any increasing rh levels.

WooHoo! ❤️

I think the leaves are looking better, could the color be Feed related?

Are you confident about the Epsom salt, Sulfer, and Nutes? Same stuff you usually use?
Nope not normal stuff. Sulfer is to fix my HP Promix that’s not buffering correctly, I had to do it last grow and forgot I did that! This time I caught it too late. Moving forward I will amend my promix from the beginning until this bale is gone and then I’m going back to soil, well I think. LOL

Epsom salt is to balance out my nutes that are lacking in Mg a tad.

They def look greener between yesterday and today! Hope they keep appreciating you for all your doing for them.
I am certain I’m on the right track, unless I over did it with the sulfur, so it’s just a matter of time. Last grow I think it took about 3 weeks before they turned around and I get good about the grow again.

I can’t believe I forgot about the sulfur from last grow……

I am not sure what else to do at this point than continue the course I’m on and wait for the Sulfur to kick in, should take 2 weeks from what I’m reading and today is exactly 7 day. So hopefully I will start to see some change this week.
Slurry tests are easy so run another and see where they are now.

Also, grinding an ounce to roll joints is quite the commitment!
Perhaps lay off the Epsom Salt? The Cal/Mag def. was probably just effects of the Humidity.
The epsom salt is only providing 26ppm of Mg, used to fix the Ca/Mg ratio in the MC. Without it there's only 17ppm Mg in the mix compared with 90ppm of Ca.

Day 56 - Veg Day 36 of 48ish:

Well moving in the right direction for the second day in a row.

Today:
IMG_3478.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3479.jpeg

Fingers crossed I can keep them moving in the right direction.

They are still looking pretty beat up and I’m going to have to get in there at some point and get rid of all the ugly shit. I will probably wait until this weekend and see how they are looking and do a defoliation but I want to wait to make sure that they are progressing in the right direction and done with this craziness before I start to trim anything off.

They are still growing and the tucking continues under the net.

Question for the scrogers. Do you weave through the net or just keep tucking back under so that the branch lays flat?

Ok that’s it for now but I’m going to do a slurry test I think today and see off I’m below 6.3 now. With how the plants are changing I am assuming that I am.

Day 57 - Veg Day 37 of 48ish:

I do believe I am on day 3 of improvement!!!

Today:
IMG_3483.jpeg

Yesterday:
IMG_3485.jpeg

I also had to take the ladies completely out of the tent as when I gave them a gallon it leaked out of the drain holes and had a bunch of nute water in there and made the humidity rise. And for some damn reason the dehumidifier was off…

Either way I recentered the plants on the net a little, not seen in either of the pics. Will see it during tomorrows up date.

I do think however that I should be in good enough shape to do a defoliation this weekend. I’m thinking all potential bid sites that are currently under the net. Leaving all water leaves that are in ok shape and removing all that are 50% or more damaged.

Next week, depending on progress, I will resume my DLI and VPD schedule and pick up where I left off.

I’m also thinking I am going to have to add an additional 7 - 10 days to veg to fill this net as there was a stunt in growth with all of this.

Feels good to be heading in the right direction and thanks to all that helped and stuck through this with me!

I also didn’t get around to the slurry test and I’m going to get one done this weekend and then again the following weekend to ensure that the amount of Sulfer put me where I wanted to. This way I have a solid measurement moving forward with with this bale of promix.

Back
Top Bottom