I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

The results don't tell you anything of value about the pH of the medium.
Ahh I knew that! I swear I did!

Ok well I can’t wait for this grow to be over! I’m going to amend some lime, just a little bit and then go from there.

New bale of promix or something else to be purchased soon! I can’t handle all of this chasing hahahah.

On the plus side I have burgers on the smoker and I’m going to burn one and watch the rain and pretend like my plants are all healthy LOL

Ahh I knew that! I swear I did!

Ok well I can’t wait for this grow to be over! I’m going to amend some lime, just a little bit and then go from there.

New bale of promix or something else to be purchased soon! I can’t handle all of this chasing hahahah.

On the plus side I have burgers on the smoker and I’m going to burn one and watch the rain and pretend like my plants are all healthy LOL
From what I recall I was told to wait an hour after feeding/watering to test soil ph as well because it takes some time to get an accurate soil reading. Not so much with hydro but soil. I’ve witnessed those fluctuations I. The past so I’m reasonably confident that’s true as well.

From what I recall I was told to wait an hour after feeding/watering to test soil ph as well because it takes some time to get an accurate soil reading. Not so much with hydro but soil. I’ve witnessed those fluctuations I. The past so I’m reasonably confident that’s true as well.
If you test after watering the soil will be wet with regular water, but you need distilled for a slurry test. So it's more accurate if the soil is more on the dry side when you test.

Check the date on the side (I believe it's the manufacture date). ProMix is good for a year from then.

And before you use it, put some in a solo cup with holes, water it to runoff, and check the pH a week later. That will give you an accurate measure of the starting pH you're working with.
💯!!!!

So I'm not sure if it would help but I made dolomite lime concentrated water following @Gee64 instructions. I then added 60ml to 1 gallon RO water, I pH'ed it just to see what it was and it came out to 8.0. I have no idea if this helps at all it's just something I stumbled on.

Either way don't give up they may still give you great buds! I got the 420Mag faith :ganjamon:.

So I'm not sure if it would help but I made dolomite lime concentrated water following @Gee64 instructions. I then added 60ml to 1 gallon RO water, I pH'ed it just to see what it was and it came out to 8.0. I have no idea if this helps at all it's just something I stumbled on.

Either way don't give up they may still give you great buds! I got the 420Mag faith :ganjamon:.
Great reference point. The thing I would always get stuck on is exactly how much needs to be added at what level given what the soil currently has and what the final reading will be. Don’t have the answer, I always started low and adjusted from there. Wish it was as easy as just going to get pool water test and getting a print out of exactly what’s needed. :)

The sulfur was to correct (or over correct as may be the case :) ) the high pH of the ProMix substrate, which has a recommended range up to around 6.0. At 6.2 the manufacturer recommends lowering it back into the high 5s using either sulfur or high ammoniacal nitrogen fertilizers.
That's not a very good advice? He should not have added sulfur when experiencing signs of low pH?

Cannabis grow optimal at pH 6.5-7.0 in containers. Feeding below pH 6.0 as input on a medium that already has a natural pH of 3.5-4.0 is more than contra productive.

I suggest you to stop blindly giving advices based on manufacturers recommendations? I think it's way better to listen to experienced growers who can give advices and corrections based on plant response? Better leave guesswork to your own grows.

I'm afraid you're not helping OP out!

Cheers!

I hear Prilled dolomite(fast acting) is the one to use for this application.
I had dolomite on hand so that’s what I put on them. I did a teaspoon for each. Thinking start slow lol!

Day 70 - Veg Day 50 of 58ish:

Todays pics:
IMG_3589.jpeg

IMG_3590.jpeg

And yesterday:
IMG_3591.jpeg

IMG_3592.jpeg

And then today after the tuck and weave:
IMG_3593.jpeg

IMG_3594.jpeg

Some of them weren’t tall enough to make it to the next square. They will be by tomorrow.

I also made a light change today. I wanted to increase DLI a tad and also even out the numbers a bit. As well as control the pre-stretch stretch.

Lights are now as high up in the tent that they can go, without adjusting exhaust fan placement, which might have to happen depending how crazy these ladies go during stretch.

I am now sitting at an average DLI of 43.5 which is right where I want to be. There are 2 squares that are above where my goal is, and 2 squares below the goal but overall I’m right where I should be.

They are still chomping through their feed and will need another feeding this afternoon. I top watered in a little yesterday afternoon to help get the lime in there or they would be empty by now.

Coloration is still moving in the right direction and there are even a couple of dare I say dark green leaves!!

I’m digging this SCROG! It’s amazing how laying the branches sideways makes the lower stuff on that branch turn into “tops”. I know there is a term for it, but it’s pretty damn cool! My first nodes are almost to the edges of the nets now as well. I’m thinking it might have been a good idea to get that second net, even if it is just to support the colas!

I also want to say THANK YOU! what a great community this is here at 420Magazine! These ladies would not be going in the direction that they are now if it wasn’t for you 🫵

So it was brought to my attention that my DLI formula was wrong and I was overstating the DLI. This has been fixed in my spreadsheet and I am now back to where I actually should be at an average of 42.75. Using my previous incorrect formula I would have thought I was at 51.30....

Thanks again for the info @Delps8

I just checked in on them to see how they are doing with the increased and now accurate lighting levels and they looked happy and still praying up at the lights!

Was able to do a little more tucking as well.
Did a top feeding a few hours ago to roll their reservoirs, which reminds me it’s time to fill the RO buckets tomorrow as I used the last of it today!

Glad things are going again, knock on 🪵. Keep those vibes a rollin'. :headbanger:

I too have fallen for the allure of the Scrog and for the foreseeable future my grows are going to use it. Wait till they flower it's like falling in love again but everything is organized and all the same height.... pretty nifty hahaha 🤣.

Back
Top Bottom