I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

Congrats on the win! :party:

I've been following along to this one closely because I'm going to run MC in my SIPs next run instead of organics, don't tell Azi 🕵️‍♂️ lol. I was on the fence but your girls look great and you made it seem less intimidating. I'll probably steal your feeding chart and try to stick to it because it seems to be working for you.

Congrats on the win! :party:

I've been following along to this one closely because I'm going to run MC in my SIPs next run instead of organics, don't tell Azi 🕵️‍♂️ lol. I was on the fence but your girls look great and you made it seem less intimidating. I'll probably steal your feeding chart and try to stick to it because it seems to be working for you.
Thank you 🙏

Man it is so easy it’s crazy! My batch of promix hp is a bit funky in that it doesn’t buffer down like it should. So I ph down to 6.3. MC is super easy though, forewarned though, it sucks moisture out of the air like a mofo! I’ve been portioning it out into smaller batches to help from the whole batch turning into little bb sized pebbles.

Here is my most current feeding schedule. I’ve changed it based on my plants needs 2 times now.

Week 1 - Sprout
Nutes 1g/Gal
VPD: 0.6
DLI: 12

Week 2 - Sprout:
Nutes 1.5g/Gal
VPD: 0.7
DLI: 16

Week 3 - Sprout:
Nutes 2g/Gal
DLI: 20

Week 4 - Veg week 1:
Nutes: 2.5g/Gal + Bushdoctor Cal/Mag
DLI: 30

Week 5 - Veg week 2:
Nutes: 3g/Gal then 3.5 for any additional feedings during the week
VPD: 0.8
DLI: 35

Week 6 - Veg week 3 SCROG net goes in:
Nutes: 4g/Gal + Bushdoctor Cal/Mag then 4.5 for any additional feedings during the week
VPD: .9
DLI: 40

Week 7 - Veg week 4:
Nutes: 5g/Gal
VPD: 1.0
DLI: 45

Week 8: FLIP Week
Nutes: 5g/gal
VPD: 1.1
DLI: 25

Week 9 - Flower week 1:
Nutes: 5.5g/gal
VPD: 1.2
DLI: 28

Week 10 - Flower week 2:
Nutes: 5.5g/gal + Bushdoctor Cal/Mag
VPD: 1.2
DLI: 30

Week 11 Flower week 3:
VPD: 1.3
DLI: 34

Week 12 flower week 4:
VPD: 1.4
DLI: 36

Week 13 flower week 5:
DLI: 38

Week 14 flower week 6:

Week 15 flower week 7:

Week 16 flower week 8:

VPD: 1.5

DLI: 36

Week 17 flower week 9:

DLI: 32

Week 18 flower week 10 - harvest:

DLI: 32

Day 35 - Veg Day 15 of 28:

Well it is a new week for them and a new set of goals. Though it seems I can’t follow my own schedule as I accidentally bumped from 3.5g/gal to 4.5gr/gal today instead of 4.0…. I did manage to get the bushdoctor in there and their reservoirs we about a 1/4 full sooo it might be closer to 4.25gr/gal after the reservoir mixes with the new batch. That’s my story and I am sticking to it!!

DLI this week jumped to 40. Jumped the power up to 40 and raised the lights a bit to lower the DLI down to where my weekly goal is. Likely will not raise the power any more and lights will get lowered to increase DLI. Though thinking about it I might play with it this grow considering the net and raise the power to 100% and raise the lights again. I have the room in the tent. That will only last a bit and then the power would need to drop to 75% again as flowering progresses.

VPD is good to go at .9 for this week as well.

Plants are looking good and growing. I will be able to start tucking Dana over probably tomorrow and then daily as the lowers hit the net I can keep moving them toward the edges. I will still probably end up topping her in the next week or two, but before flip. This way I can train those 2 away from center as well.

I think that’s about it for today.

Day 36 - Veg Day 16 of 28:

Well I decided to top Dana today. I figured it was lost resources to continue to let her grow in the middle. While her mid section catches up I can train the lowers. Which by the way node 1 is above the net!!! This net is certainly going to get filled!!! I need to get another one on order.

I also have ordered a small dehumidifier in preparation for mid to late flower. I’m on the #nobudrot train!!

Plants are looking good and don’t seem to mind the increase in nutes or the Bushdoctor that they got yesterday.

That’s it for today. We are rained out tomorrow so doing fireworks with the neighbors tonight. Time to get zooted and watch the sparkles :)

Day 37 - Veg Day 17 of 28:

Damn! Only 11 days until flip city baby!!

Tomorrow I’m going to get in and do some more trimming so that the ladies can focus on the top and not the larf. #nolarf :headbanger:

VPD is just about right in line at .93
They seem happy with the nute schedule and got another 4.5g/gal feeding today. Still PH’ing to 6.3
DLI is right in line and tomorrow I’m going to start to pen some ideas on a light fixture to hold my 2 viparspectra p2000’s off at the sides at a 45° and then the @ViparSpectra xs1500pro that I won in the middle. Should be able to get some really great light penetration that way and not need to run the lights at 100% pretty much ever!

So far I am really happy with how this grow has been going, it’s been very enjoyable and relaxing:) @SeedsMan really knocked it out of the park with this PGC!

Day 38 - Veg Day 18 of 28:

Did a little bit of trimming and a little LST today get node 1 on Slimer out to the edges a bit more. Will probably take that off by the end of the weekend as I’m not looking to move it too much further. Still need room when the stretch starts.

They are both looking good, imo, and seem to be trucking right along.

Not a whole lot to report on today.

You're not planning on filling more of the net before you flip? Won't you get longer towers of buds if you wait? I would think that using stretch to fill the net would lay that growth flat leaving shorter colas to grow up when the net is finally filled after stretch. That's my sense but maybe a long-time scrogger can chime in.
Well shit. That makes total sense!!

What say you SCROGERS??

I would say wait but it really depends on what time frame your thinking. I mean to fill that 4x4 canopy is going to take a min. It would be worth it in the end to see all those massive colas.

I'm doing a 4x2 scrog right now and it didn't seem like the stretch was as filling as I thought it would be. I had trouble getting the one node per square even after the stretch.

I usually fill the net during transition to keep from running out of space. If you have the room and want big towers, you may want wait a bit to flip.

Back
Top Bottom