I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

Day 42 - Veg Day 22 of 48ish:

So not seeing any additional spots, but the spots previously noticed are getting more noticeable. I guess it was too late to salvage those few spots.

Also noticing a slight lightening in color for both plants but I think it is just in the new growth. Everything below is still a good color green.

They didn’t empty their reservoirs yet today so I am going to let them ride until tomorrow and dry out the media a little.

VPD increases today from .9 to 1.0

DLI from 40 to 45 which is where they will stay the remainder of veg.

Dehumidifier got here today so that is ready to pop it at anytime to help get my VPD up when it comes to flower.

That’s it for today. And in case you dont know, I ain’t afraid of no ghost!

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg
These girls are looking mean and green. Your going to have too start bobbing and weaving them under the screen. Can't wait to see it fill up.

I'm guessing that they sprouted about 48 days ago but you didn't count the first 26 as veg (48-26=22), but then I can't figure out what the 42 is!
42 days from sprout, on day 22 of veg out of 48 days of veg. So on the last day of veg they will be on day 90 and day 48 of veg.
Also, MC can create lockouts as you bump up chasing deficiencies (one of the reasons many folks moved on). I add magnesium nitrate to my mix since my version of MC is high on the Ca side and low on the Mg side.
I’m using MC 1 part, which according to their site looks like this.

Mega Crop 1-Part
11-5-14
Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen (N)11%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎8.5% Nitrate Nitrogen
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎2% Water Soluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5)5%
Soluble Potash (K2O)14%
Calcium (Ca)7.5%
Magnesium (Mg)1.4%
Sulfur (S)2%
Boron (B)0.019%
Copper (Cu)0.02%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎0.02% Chelated Copper
Iron (Fe)0.1%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.1% Chelated Iron
Manganese (Mn)0.08%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.08% Chelated Manganese
Zinc (Zn)0.017%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.017% Chelated Zinc

42 days from sprout, on day 22 of veg out of 48 days of veg. So on the last day of veg they will be on day 90 and day 48 of veg.

Mega Crop 1-Part
11-5-14
Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen (N)11%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎8.5% Nitrate Nitrogen
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎2% Water Soluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5)5%
Soluble Potash (K2O)14%
Calcium (Ca)7.5%
Magnesium (Mg)1.4%
Sulfur (S)2%
Boron (B)0.019%
Copper (Cu)0.02%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎0.02% Chelated Copper
Iron (Fe)0.1%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.1% Chelated Iron
Manganese (Mn)0.08%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.08% Chelated Manganese
Zinc (Zn)0.017%
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎0.017% Chelated Zinc
WooHoo!

Don't you mean on day 48 of veg, it would be 68 days from sprout? It was clear in MY head, until you guys started using 420 math! ❤️

WooHoo!

Don't you mean on day 48 of veg, it would be 68 days from sprout? It was clear in MY head, until you guys started using 420 math! ❤️
Yeah I didn't follow it either! At least I'm not the only one confused. :)
If the last day before flip will be 90 days above ground and that's day 48 of veg, you're not counting the first 42 days above ground? As long as you understand it I guess it doesn't matter!
Is that what your bag says as well? They might have changed the formula on the site again since you got yours. They tweak it all the time.

Ohhh boy LOL

The plants are 42 days old from the first day of sprout.

I did not count them as in veg for the first 20 days, I was counting that as their seedling stage.

So 42 - 20 = 22 days in veg of a planed total of 48 days in veg.

So on day 48 of veg they will be 68 days old in total :)

Stupid stoned math I said 90 days before hahahah :Rasta: :lot-o-toke:

Hopefully that clears it up.

Here I thought I was being helpful by putting those days and I’ve gone and confused everyone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As for the MC bag…. Umm what bag? We don’t need no stinkin bag man!

I threw it away as soon as I split it up into smaller portions.

Day 43 - Veg Day 23 of 48ish:

Ok so I am certainly heading in the wrong direction. I am going to do some reading up an Mg lockout / deficiencies. Plants are getting lighter in color and starting to see the lowers changing a tad as well. This was pretty much the same stage as my last grow that I had this issue, though this time I saw it coming, hopefully before it’s too late!

I also noticed some tip burn and as the reservoirs were empty today I backed off of the MC from 5.5 to 5 and did another dose of Bushdoctor.

Hopefully between you fine growers and my very mediocre internet searching skills I can get these fine ladies back in shape. Damn teenager stages I tell ya!!

On the plus side they have not stopped growing and it’s tucking back every day now, if it’s not one branch it’s another :)

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

I don't know what's in Bushdoctor, but I'll make an unsolicited recommendation:

In a gallon of water:
4.5g MC
1g epsom salt

Ca and K both lock out Mg, and the version of MC you're running is already lacking in sufficient Mg the way I run my nutes.

If you weren't in a SIP I would advise flushing as well, though @LKABudMan flushes his SIP by top-watering and using a wet vac to suck out the res.

@InTheShed I think you might have nailed it with the Mg lockout / deficiency. Everything I am seeing pretty much looks exactly like what’s going on with mine, except for 1 glaring difference, and that is mine don’t start from the bottom. It started mid/top of the plant.

Either way I think that this batch of MC I have is the root cause.

I think a flush is in order. It’s a huge pain in the ass but it can be done in the sips.

Once that is done I will follow your suggestion of 4.5g/gal +1g epsom salt.

Here is what is in Bushdoctor

image.jpg

Whew what a task!!!

Ok both ladies taken out back and thoroughly flushed with at least 5 gallons of water each.

Then put back into the tent rearranged a little and fed with @InTheShed suggestion of 4.5gr/gal +1gr/gal of epsom salt. Still had some around from making water to brew beer :)

Glad I got them out for a full inspection as Dana was showing signs in an area that I could not see. They aren’t all that bad and I have a good feeling about the flush and new program with nutes.

If this works Shed I owe you some seeds or something!!

Time for a frost beverage as it is HOT and Sticky outside !

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3375.jpeg

Good to get them out before they were completely woven into the net!
That is exactly what I was thinking and half of why I acted so quickly, well that and I wanted to stop the progress and move them back in the right direction.
Nah, I'm happy with success. :thumb:
Well I don’t care what they say about you, your a true gentleman

:passitleft:

Day 44 - Veg Day 24 of 48ish:

Well now I think I am halfway through veg give or take :)

I can’t say they the ladies look any worse than yesterday, but they don’t look any better either.

They also did not go through much of their reservoirs today either. I’m assuming they might be a bitted stressed from the initial issue and then the moving around and flushing yesterday.

Let’s see what the next couple of days brings.

They are still growing and had to do some tucking again today :)

I have a new @ViparSpectra light that’s to be delivered today. That originally I was going to install today, however, with the current state of them I am going to hold off until the weekend to add the light. I don’t want to make any major changes until I know the current issue is resolved.

I think that is it for now. And in case you don’t know, I ain’t afraid of no ghosts!

IMG_3381.jpeg

IMG_3382.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom