How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Thanks for your help Suntana!! No, currently I'm using Nutrifield Coco nutes (Aussie brand) but they sell Coco A. & Coco B to be used throughout veg AND bloom...and although I'm a newb indoor grower (clearly!) it doesn't seem right to me not to change nutes after flip.
Before I'd decided on using Coco, I bought Canna Vega A & B for hydroponic not Coco, so I was wondering if I could use them instead now on my Coco veg plants? Probably not I'm thinking! I'll just order some AN online for bloom. (I can't get them here in W.Austalia). Which ones for Coco bloom do I buy? Sorry for the stupid questions.

You can use the vega, coco is high in natural potassium so it's recommended to use coco specific nutes that compensate for the potassium balance and calcium/magnesium. Which I and most others add anyway. It will work but you might encounter some deficiencies that will ultimately affect yield/quality.

You can use the vega, coco is high in natural potassium so it's recommended to use coco specific nutes that compensate for the potassium balance and calcium/magnesium. Which I and most others add anyway. It will work but you might encounter some deficiencies that will ultimately affect yield/quality.

Believe me canna coco works! Dial it in and it produces some damn good product. I used half of what they recommended for PK week 5 and 6 and lower your base.

I think defect just waits until they are a little older, but they eventually get plenty. BAD! Lol
Think of it this way bro, you don't see a hydro guy letting his roots dry out. You treat coco like hydro. This is just my opinion if it works for him then so be it, not here to argue over that. Just the way I would do it. Pretty sure Neil and Cult does it the same way to feed them daily

Think of it this way bro, you don't see a hydro guy letting his roots dry out. You treat coco like hydro. This is just my opinion if it works for him then so be it, not here to argue over that. Just the way I would do it. Pretty sure Neil and Cult does it the same way to feed them daily

Oh I hear ya, I water multiple times. That was a joke referring to dick. I know all about the salts no need to lecture me.

Cult I have a question for you brother, my friend is currently still vegging raising his ppm slowly, he plans to raise it to 800ppm within the next few days, small 400w HPS bulb powering it. Would this be good enough, raise the ppm or just see how the plants react during the next few days? He still needs to scrog them and they about 35-40 days from bean. Have seen some people running much higher ppm however it would be with a bigger light source

its hard to say without seeing the plants but 800ppm is probs a touch strong under a 400w hps in veg.
Hey Cult

These are the plants in question:

GSC and Lemon Haze - 38 days old from seed. GSC is on the right. Both in 9L pots, coco, fed twice a day with currently 700ppm with no nutrient burn.

420-magazine-mobile1631273021.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile637673054.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1458338118.jpg

They're still currently under a 250w MH. Going under a 400w MH later today and then eventually an HPS when I flip to flower or about day 10 into flip to keep the stretch down.

they look healthy so keep them on the 700ppm until they start to look hungry. i dont like to go over 750ppm in veg because of salt build up over time.
Thanks Cult, will keep an eye on the ladies and see how they go :)

It's works. My pictures don't lie. And I know better than to let coco dry out. I pick them up every day to see what and how much they need. Just because pat got 2k posts doesn't mean he's seen it all

For feeding every day its what I recommend. Will other feeds work? Sure but Coco is hydroponic medium and should be treat as much for optimal results. Ive grown many thousands of plants in coco and thats what works best in my opinion. Most experienced growers would agree.

Yes. For optimum results. They don't need a gallon a day if 75% is coming out at every watering. The only thing that watering every day helps with is that new oxygenated water is introduced. I've never lost a leaf, let alone a plant doing it my way. You guys can keep dumping all your money down the drain if that works for you

im not going to argue about it. i never feed to run off until i flush. ive been doing this successfully for a real long time. This is my recipe to success. Are there other ways? sure. But if i dont know what im doing now, i never will. you need to understand coco is hydroponic and for best results should be fed multiple times per day but at least daily for the BEST results.

Back
Top Bottom