How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Thanks Johnny!
I was gonna buy some more LED's for my bud tent but The Cultivator reckons HPS would be a better choice - so that's what I've bought. Now I need to decide on SOG, SCROG, SuperCropping, Topping, LST....I'm missing the simplicity of outdoor growing tbh!

That's interesting...I can't find any CalMag where I live so I have been adding a little Epsom Salts but have NO idea how much to use. A tsp in 10 litres of water? Btw: your tent (how big?) looks nice. And your lady in it - impressive!! Looks super happy.
Thanks very much!

Personally ive only ever used hps and Ive also used a few cfls for first few weeks of veg in my last grow.

LEDS certainly seem to have some potential im certainly not the one to ask for advice . unfortunately no way near as experienced.

My current scrog has took about 3 weeks longer veg wise used 5 feminized seeds and now im going to have to remove due to it being male or hermy - have yet to go and look.

Next time personally im going to try mainlining.

Oh yeah, that mainlining thing looks impressive. Although... I don't think I'm brave enough to try it just yet! My major problem atm is the first 2 seed orders I got past Customs were 'regular ' (the breeders haven't got feminized yet) so I'm finding it hard to want to invest time and money into what could be at least half males. Then I got 5 Big Bud fem then a week later 11 Big Bud xxl fem - so I'm concentrating on them now and slowly transplanting up the best looking of the regular batches. I'm glad I've taken photos cos I just looked at the 10 days ago pics and am amazed at how fast they've grown. I was thinking this morning they were really slow!

Thats usually the case when your looking at them every day!

Have a little read and a little experiment, even if it ends up being a male its futher gained experience! I always find being hands on and seeing with your own eyes helps alot!

Thats how i have had to look at it after cutting out all my scrog net to remove a male last night! My tent looks nowhere near as good as it did now! Big mess of string trying plants down in all sorts of positions!

20170518_195039.jpg

20170516_204548.jpg

Grown in canna coco with maxibloom and tap water. Peace!!

Alright guys,

I wonder if you can give advice on this plant. The plant is a blue cheese under a 300w CFL.
I'm running cults nute schedule, in particular the one under 1st transplant. As you can see the leaves are turning a light green to yellow.
I have the plant in a 6 ltr pot which I believe is to big because the top is dry while bottom is very wet, which makes it difficult to know how much/often to water.
420-magazine-mobile251640842.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1943885484.jpg

Would like to say cult that I been following your journals for some time now and hope to learn and create results just like you.

Thanks

make sure you are feeding everyday regardless if it wet. you cant over water coco. id get it under a stronger light now. my nute schedule is based on plants growing under min 600w where plants will have a higher demand. are you useing AN 3 part ph perfect base nute? if so what strength?

I'm waiting for my Great White but am wondering if it's possible to use nutrients that are not for Coco, when you're growing in Coco/Perlite?
My Coco nutes are a & b, both for use during veg AND bloom...which doesn't seem right. And the only alternatives available in my area are for hydroponics. Ive already got Canna Vega & Flora so I'm tempted to try them. I've also got pk13-14 if that would help..? I've googled but no help. Thanks.

Yeah I'm using ​AN pH perfect, tap water is 0.3 EC than add nutes to make it up to 1.0. Should I back off a little?
I won't be able to get them under a 600w till next weekend when I move there location.

420-magazine-mobile267841933.jpg

Proof that you don't have to water/feed every day. I water these with the bare minimum nutes maybe 3 times a week. And they grow every day. I find that heat and humidity play a greater part in early growth than frequent waterings.
420-magazine-mobile1010261863.jpg

This one gets watered 4-5 times a week.
420-magazine-mobile477377743.jpg

This one is drinking 2-3 gallons a day. 2 feedings at 1.5-2gal each. I base what's its drinking by the amount of runoff. When you get into flower and under the big lights, that's when you should feed a least once a day

Thanks Shaggn. Building your own COB? Great idea! Really good LED's are so expensive aren't they?! I am, unfortunately, a complete DIY dunce.
Btw- I just checked out your WW & MM manifold grow journal and am really impressed. The plants looked artificial they were so perfect and healthy! Really enjoyed it...thanks.

I'm waiting for my Great White but am wondering if it's possible to use nutrients that are not for Coco, when you're growing in Coco/Perlite?
My Coco nutes are a & b, both for use during veg AND bloom...which doesn't seem right. And the only alternatives available in my area are for hydroponics. Ive already got Canna Vega & Flora so I'm tempted to try them. I've also got pk13-14 if that would help..? I've googled but no help. Thanks.

If your using canna coco currently, you will have great results don't ever go over 2.0 ml per litre ever and drop it down to 1.5with ok pk 13-14. Flush mid grow real well.
I'm using advanced now but I had some impressive grows using canna.

Thanks Shaggn. Building your own COB? Great idea! Really good LED's are so expensive aren't they?! I am, unfortunately, a complete DIY dunce.
Btw- I just checked out your WW & MM manifold grow journal and am really impressed. The plants looked artificial they were so perfect and healthy! Really enjoyed it...thanks.

There's a lot of helpful people in this community. Pretty much just have to ask and plenty with knowledge of your question will help. I may just buy a pre assembled cob unit. Thanks for the compliment on my journal. Peace!!

Thanks for your help Suntana!! No, currently I'm using Nutrifield Coco nutes (Aussie brand) but they sell Coco A. & Coco B to be used throughout veg AND bloom...and although I'm a newb indoor grower (clearly!) it doesn't seem right to me not to change nutes after flip.
Before I'd decided on using Coco, I bought Canna Vega A & B for hydroponic not Coco, so I was wondering if I could use them instead now on my Coco veg plants? Probably not I'm thinking! I'll just order some AN online for bloom. (I can't get them here in W.Austalia). Which ones for Coco bloom do I buy? Sorry for the stupid questions.

True...so many 'Kind' growers (sorry..terrible Dad joke). So helpful. I don't want to tell even one person I know that I'm growing so it's a fantastic, safe alternative way to be able to ask for advice! I just wish I'd discovered this site before I bought all sorts of stupid things on the internet. The Cultivator's nute/additives list would've been awesome. Thanks again, Shaggn! Btw; I don't like the word mainlining either!

Back
Top Bottom