How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Hello all,
I am still struggling to convince my budtender to follow these recommendations. He is starting to listen but is still skeptical of what I am telling him.

So, here is the question he asked me tonight:

If I have 2 plants in coco coir, side by side, in optimal conditions and I feed one of them EXACTLY to the official ™Cultivator© specifications... But the other one I feed like a soil plant: Feed BASE nutes to 20% runoff and then wait up to 4 days to dry out then water the plant with some supplements (no base nutes) and dry a few days before feeding again...

What would be the differences between these two plants? What, specifically, are we hoping to achieve with these techniques? Please, I need help convincing a skeptic.

Hello all,
I am still struggling to convince my budtender to follow these recommendations. He is starting to listen but is still skeptical of what I am telling him.

If I have 2 plants in coco coir, side by side, in optimal conditions and I feed one of them EXACTLY to the official Cultivator© specifications... But the other one I feed like a soil plant: Feed BASE nutes to 20% runoff and then wait up to 4 days to dry out then water the plant with some supplements (no base nutes) and dry a few days before feeding again...

What would be the differences between these two plants? What, specifically, are we hoping to achieve with these techniques? Please, I need help convincing a skeptic.
Grow those two plants to harvest, and then we'll all know. I would think you'll get a smaller plant with the soil feeding schedule. I think that's the only thing that will convince you. If you're growing in coco, you're growing hydroponically. Every time you water(feed) you bring fresh oxygen & fresh food, to the roots. That's the big advantage of growing in coco !!

Hello all,

If I have 2 plants in coco coir, side by side, in optimal conditions and I feed one of them EXACTLY to the official .Cultivator. specifications... But the other one I feed like a soil plant: Feed BASE nutes to 20% runoff and then wait up to 4 days to dry out then water the plant with some supplements (no base nutes) and dry a few days before feeding again...

Have you got a journal of this? I for one would like to see the difference!

Have you got a journal of this? I for one would like to see the difference!

No, sir. That was just an example. If I get my way, we'll be following Cultivator's instructions on everything.

One more detail worth mentioning:

My budtender said he wanted to know why Canna hadn't specified to feed daily if it's so important... So, I went to Canna's website today and here's a copy/paste from there:

Water usage

Manually:

give water daily with the special CANNA COCO fertilizer.
if you are not able to give water to the plants daily, use a bigger container.
Automatically:

after plants are well established 1-3 times a day depending on water use
Usage

About 5 liters / 1.5 gallon of CANNA COCO fertilizer solution per m2 /10 sq.ft. a day (for full-grown plants). For bigger plants use a minimum of 5 liters/1.5 gallon. Using a bigger pot provides you with a more stable root environment. keep in mind to provide sufficient means of drainage in your pots. Possibly use a thin layer of CANNA Aqua Clay Pebbles at the bottom of the container for proper drainage.

CANNA COCO's water/ air complex contains 73% water and 23% air. Furthermore, the coconut grind is pre-buffered according to a special procedure. This is necessary to obtain an optimal growing condition, assuring the best development potential of your plants.

Use CANNA COCO with the appropriate fertilizer and you know you are investing in quality and certainty!

The plastic bag can be recycled. CANNA COCO is a 100% natural product, made from coconut grind. Contents: 50 Liter

So, clearly, the coco manufacturers agree with Cultivator's daily+ watering methods.

coco is hydroponic and should be treat as such. it performs at its best when it is multi fed daily.

Thank you, Cultivator .

No, sir. That was just an example. If I get my way, we'll be following Cultivator's instructions on everything.

One more detail worth mentioning:

My budtender said he wanted to know why Canna hadn't specified to feed daily if it's so important... So, I went to Canna's website today and here's a copy/paste from there:

So, clearly, the coco manufacturers agree with Cultivator's daily+ watering methods.

Thank you, Cultivator .
You gotta get with the program budtender, you'll love the results. it's expensive, and more work, if you're hand watering, but in the end, you'll be happy.

coco is hydroponic and should be treat as such. it performs at its best when it is multi fed daily.

metaboost is a great product and 35 per litre isnt expensive really not when you compare it to other nutes and brands. it will make plants healthy and better qyality bud.
Hey cult nice to meet you finally..
My name is joe

Penny told me to stay here as your his teacher so duh here I am.

My question is 3 gallon pots fabric I'm using in 12 inch trays saucer . I've been adding about a literary ish a day to all my three cks autos . 2 nyc d and one candy cane. Not sure if that a relevant or not. Lol

Is it okay to let it sit in side of tray full of my Nutes water mix. I noticed withing usually 12 hours to 24 it's emptied that is how I base when to water feed. Using ph perfect and Nutes learning.

Sorry to take your time up

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you when you get a chance. Thank you sir . . .

Hey guys speaking of nutes and feeding... I know it can be difficult to spot but the ends of the sides of my leaves look like I got some issue forming... can anyone plz help me out and point out what the issue might be? I think I'm over feeding but not sure.... Plz and thank you
420-magazine-mobile1562689586.jpg

sorry everyone i havent been as active as id like. so busy finishing up my season. few more weeks of work.then i will have lots free time to answer questions. i do try to keep on top of it but its a real crazy time of year for me.

Hey buddy,

Grow comes first, well behind family, and it is a close race, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom