How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

When did you start with the cal/mag. I have had that problem before.
If you are using reduced nutes, of any brand, you have to supplement the Cal/Mag, I use Cal/Magic and have had no problem since i began using it.
Most of the Coco specific nute give you their recommended rates, they normally have the needed amount of CAL and Mag so no supplement is needed. But when we begin backing off their given numbers you have to add it back. What I do is use it to get my rainwater in line for adding my Canna nutes, the 4 gallons of rainwater is around 6 ppm so I add around 5 + ml to get it to 0.2 ec that is my goal to start my nute mix.

I have posted this before but don't remember where.

*LESS IS MORE>......... .5 scale for those caring.
***200 ppm of a + b for veg...is plenty....
***400 ppm of a + b for flower is plenty.

I personally will peak out at around 600 ppm for one to two weeks then begin backing off, am at 500 ppm at present and will be at 400 starting next week for around two weeks, 300 for the final week or tro then the flush and harvest. Never cut you base nute off completely during the grow until it is time to flush.

Calimagic/a+b ratio (approx. 20 ppm Cal/ml)
150 ppm/200 ppm = 350 (7+ml)
100 ppm/300 ppm = 400 (5+ml)
50 ppm/ 400 ppm= 450 (2.5ml)

*5.8 ph*

This is based on slightly rough math but is very close to correct.
3ml/gal =.4 ec=200 ppm with around 44 ppm of calcium
4.5ml/gal =.6 ec=300 ppm with around 66 ppm of calcium
6.2ml/gal =.8 ec=400 ppm with around 88 ppm of calcium
7.7ml/gal= 1 ec =500 ppm with around 112 ppm of calcium
9.2ml/gal=1.2 ec=600 ppm with around 135 ppm of calcium.........

Need around 150 ppm of calcium alone.....so even if when I'm at 200 ppm if I only added 100 ppm of calimagic, only 75 is calcium so I would still be short. So to get the 150+ ppm needed of Cal/Mag I would use around 140 to 150 ppm per gallon of Cal/Magic. Having extra Cal/Mag will not hurt your plants but not having enough and you see what can happen.

This Calcium information is purely based on a Canna schedule, using calimagic. As I stated, once you hit around 700 ppm you no longer need cal/mag additives.

I hope this is not to confusing, it took me a bit to figure it out.

GR
I hope im not a bother but Is this for soil to
?

Thanks again,
With the feeding schedule I posted do I need to add calmag? or is the combination of b52 and voodoo equivalent? Also will I just add the white shark until week 3 of flower as suggested in another post? I feel like I may be missing something with the schedule. :thanks:

I think I answered this by reading the message you post, sorry I am half baked. As long as I start at 150ppm with CalMag before adding any nutrients I should be ok?

this schedule is for coco and hydro only.

calmag is not voodoo and b52. its a completely different thing. calmag must be added to ro water, especially when growing in coco or plants will have issues early.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You are awesome!

I will start all of my feedings at 150ppm of calmag and add the posted schedule nutes. I will reduce the serving size if needed to be in the correct ppm range.. I don't know if this relates to the post, but what is voodoo and b52 used for?

Thank you for your patience with me, I feel like alot of my questions are dumb but i cant learn without asking them. Again I appreciate your patience

voodoo stimulates root growth and aids nutrient uptake. and b52 adds extra N to aid in vegative growth. thats the basic answer.

During transplant since I am not using micro grow and bloom. Do I need to mix up sensi a and b too 500ppm?

when you guys are using your base nute, do not go off ml per litre. go off ppm/ec. the ppm/ec will be the same for most base nutes. those values are in the schedule i provide.

any additives just follow recommended dosage but start less than full strength first.

There is a question I have, on the Canna Grow Guide, you fill in you your info and they give you a recommendation. I use RO & rain water, both very low ppm, and as suggested by Canna to increase the ppm to around 120 ppm with my shity tap water but now I use Cal/Magic to get there. So that puts me at 0.24 EC, that does contribute to my overall EC, so should I cut back on beginning ppm/EC or cut back on the nutes to get my target number?

Thanks

I hope im not a bother but Is this for soil to
?

I am not sure I have only used it in coco.
This is the first grow where I have not damaged the plant by overfert, I have made modification but overall it remains the same.
I am not saying this is God's spoken word, but to date I have no problems with it.

GR

There is a question I have, on the Canna Grow Guide, you fill in you your info and they give you a recommendation. I use RO & rain water, both very low ppm, and as suggested by Canna to increase the ppm to around 120 ppm with my shity tap water but now I use Cal/Magic to get there. So that puts me at 0.24 EC, that does contribute to my overall EC, so should I cut back on beginning ppm/EC or cut back on the nutes to get my target number?

Thanks
yes that contributes to overall ec/ppm. you add calmag then add base nute to the required ec. your starting ec with calmag is in the correct ballpark.

Hi Cultivator,

First, I'd like to say thank you so much for creating and tending to this thread. This is exactly the type of information and help that I need and I appreciate the way you present it.

Now on to the questions!
I have purchased mostly General Hydroponics nutrients. I have spent some time working on converting your feed schedule to the nutes I already have: General Hydroponics, Flora Series, Expert Program.

1. I have substituted Botanicare Hydroguard for voodoo juice. I believe these to be equivalent. Botanicare would have me add this at 2ml/gallon from start to finish. Would that be a waste? Why do you stop the voodoo after week 2?

2. Why does Great White stop after week 2 and then resume for week 6?

3. Where you are using multiple nutrients with EC values listed, I was not sure what to use for my EC values of my base nutrient. For example, on your week 7, you have Ionic Coco Bloom 1.6EC and Plagron Green Sensation 1.8EC. I guessed that I should be mixing GH Micro and GH Bloom to 1.6EC and not worry about the 1.8EC of Plagron you used... Anyway, my actual question is: Do the EC values I copied from you make sense throughout this chart now that I have made massive changes?

I took all of the ml/gallon info directly from GH feed chart for the weight/flavor/aroma enhancers so I may have to dial some of it back if it's too strong... or should I just start at 1/2 strength on all of those extras?

Proposed General Hydroponics (expert program) version

SEEDLINGS....

Jiffy pellets/root riot cubes/rockwool

Calmag 0.1ec (50ppm)
GH Micro Grow Bloom 0.4ec (200ppm)
SuperVit 1 drop/4litres water
GH Rapid Start (roots) 1ml/gallon
GH Diamond Nectar (weight) 2.5ml/gallon
GH Flora Blend (aroma) 5ml/gallon
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/4 gallon
PH 5.5-5.8

FIRST TRANSPLANT

Great White mycorrhizae sprinkled in the hole where cube will be placed or onto the cube itself.
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Grow Bloom 1.0ec (500ppm)
SuperVit 1drop/gallon
GH Rapid Start (roots) 2ml/gallon
GH Floralicious Plus (aroma) 1ml/gallon
GH Armor Si (defense) 0.5ml/gallon
GH Diamond Nectar (weight) 5ml/gallon
Botanicare Hydroguard (roots bacillus) 2ml/g (once per week)

PH 5.8

SECOND TRANSPLANT.....

Great White Mycorrhizae sprinkled in hole for transplant or direct onto rootzone
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Grow Bloom 1.2-1.4ec (600-700ppm)
SuperVit 1drop/gallon
GH Rapid Start (roots) 2ml/gallon
GH Armor Si (defense) 1ml/gallon
GH Diamond Nectar (weight) 5ml/gallon
Botanicare Hydroguard (roots bacillus) 2ml/g (once per week)

FLOWER PERIOD (START OF 12/12)

WEEK 1

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Grow Bloom 1.4ec (700ppm)
GH Floralicious Plus (aroma)1ml/gallon
GH Armor Si (defense) 1.5ml/gallon
GH Flora Blend (aroma) 2.5ml/gallon
GH Flora Nectar (flavor) 2.5ml/gallon
Botanicare Hydroguard (roots bacillus) 2ml/g
Great White mycorrhizae 1scoop/gallon

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 2

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Grow Bloom 1.4ec (700ppm)
GH Liquid KoolBloom (weight) 1ml/gallon
Botanicare Hydroguard (roots bacillus) 2ml/g
Great White mycorrhizae 1scoop/gallon

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 3

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Grow Bloom 1.5-1.6ec (750-800ppm)
GH Liquid KoolBloom (weight) 2ml/gallon

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 4 and WEEK 5

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Grow Bloom 1.6ec (800ppm)
GH Liquid KoolBloom (weight) 2ml/gallon
GH Flora Nectar (flavor) 5ml/gallon

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 6

CalMag 0.3ml/litre (150ppm)
GH Micro Bloom (no grow) 1.6ec (800ppm)
GH Liquid KoolBloom (weight) 2.5ml/gallon
GH Armor Si (defense) 1ml/gallon
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/10litres

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 7

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Bloom (no grow) 1.6ec (800ppm)
GH Liquid KoolBloom (weight) 2.5ml/gallon
GH Armor Si (defense) 0.5ml/gallon

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 8

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
GH Micro Bloom (no grow) 1.8ec (900ppm)

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 9

First water to 50% run off.
Allow to dry until pots light to lift.
Water only daily. Enough so that its ready for more 24 hours later. DO NOT KEEP DRENCHED. Biggest chance of bud rot is now.
Flushing will clean excess salts and increase both yield and quality as it forces plants to finish.
Only water until harvest, minimum 7 days water.

1. i stop voodoo after 2 weeks flower as roots are well established at this point and the focus is on to start getting plants to take up as much p/k as poss. the voodoo and great white are live so they remain in the coco if not flushed repeatedly. i top up with great white just after the half way point of flowering to top up the beneficial microbes and help aid in uptaking as much nutes as poss in last few weeks of feeding.

2.where my ec values state a number for base nutes then a seperate value for a boost, that is the accumulative number. example is 1.6ec bloom then boost upto 1.8 with boost.

3. the schedule looks fine. ghe most important thing is to keep ec/ppm in check and the ph in a healthy range. im not experienced using those nutrients therefore i cant comment on what the specifics of what each product will or wont do. however a quality base nutrient is the most important aspect of any feed schedule.

Thanks!
Last night I had my seeds that where in the paper towel get roots out an inch or longer. The indica strain Rare Darkness had the seed pop completely off. I had to transfer using what I had on hand. I had a sample of CloneX stuff similar to the great white. I ppm my water to 80 without using calmag, cause it wont be here until tomorrow. So I took 4 litres of water and put in a teaspoon of CloneX in it and got ppm to 80 using tap and canna start.

I did not want to do this until my nutrients you suggested came in, well the seeds wasn't waiting on my schedule. So I soaked the root riot in 80 ppm water with a teaspoon of CloneX.

When my nutrients come in, is it ok to switch to all the products suggested? Since I was unable to soak root riot in that formula, can I just make the mix and and water the plant with it? or should I go into the feed you suggested after putting seed in root riot? Getting the ppm to 400-500 range?

thanks again

yes coco can be reused.

Hey cult, hope all is well. I'm finally getting the drift of feeding in coco. Right now, we're watering twice a day, once at lights on & 3 hrs. before lights off. And no run off !! Everything's growing like weeds !! And =:thanks:

Thanks!
Last night I had my seeds that where in the paper towel get roots out an inch or longer. The indica strain Rare Darkness had the seed pop completely off. I had to transfer using what I had on hand. I had a sample of CloneX stuff similar to the great white. I ppm my water to 80 without using calmag, cause it wont be here until tomorrow. So I took 4 litres of water and put in a teaspoon of CloneX in it and got ppm to 80 using tap and canna start.

I did not want to do this until my nutrients you suggested came in, well the seeds wasn't waiting on my schedule. So I soaked the root riot in 80 ppm water with a teaspoon of CloneX.

When my nutrients come in, is it ok to switch to all the products suggested? Since I was unable to soak root riot in that formula, can I just make the mix and and water the plant with it? or should I go into the feed you suggested after putting seed in root riot? Getting the ppm to 400-500 range?

thanks again

Any input guys? I am sitting here with an eye to eye smile and a table full of nutes, guide me lol

Noob here got told to check out how to grow in coco by cultivator. Do hete I am. Just need to understand how coco pro mix hp works indoor. Thanks all any links to videos would be awesome can't find him anywhere .

Back
Top Bottom