How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

use a product called bacilus to treat coco and put sticky traps above the pots.

your coco is too wet. as it will attract fungus gnats as you point out. so feed every day but dont drown them. if hand feeding give enough so the pots are 75% dry 24hours later and pots are light to lift. you dont want them to dry out completely but enough so it keeps fungus gnats away. also keeping coco really wet will cause probs for bud rot later in the grow.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

your coco is too wet. as it will attract fungus gnats as you point out. so feed every day but dont drown them. if hand feeding give enough so the pots are 75% dry 24hours later and pots are light to lift. you dont want them to dry out completely but enough so it keeps fungus gnats away. also keeping coco really wet will cause probs for bud rot later in the grow.

wow thanks for the quick answer!!

here in Brazil its gonna be hard to find Bacillus, already searched.

Let me just ask you another thing as I have your attention, I am coming from Brazil to Oakland to stay for a month. I intend to learn as much as possible, to use here in my country. It is still totally illegal to grow, but slowly the medicinal uses are being allowed. I want to be prepared and learn a lot, would you have places to recommend in Okland,/San Francisco?

I will attend the horticulture course in Okasterdam, ans besides that I intend to know other laboratories, like Steep Hill and if possible, get to know some growers and their methods!

Anyway, thank you for the attentions!

Cult,

Have you used SM90 for fungal gnats?

I about lost a complete grow to them little fks. But since I began using it I have had some good results with it, no infestations at all.
I have used the (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis),and it works ok, works better in stock pond. LOL I found that if you crush the Bti donuts and sprinkle them over the top, agent is released at each watering.

Thanks Bud,

GR

wow thanks for the quick answer!!

here in Brazil its gonna be hard to find Bacillus, already searched.

Let me just ask you another thing as I have your attention, I am coming from Brazil to Oakland to stay for a month. I intend to learn as much as possible, to use here in my country. It is still totally illegal to grow, but slowly the medicinal uses are being allowed. I want to be prepared and learn a lot, would you have places to recommend in Okland,/San Francisco?

I will attend the horticulture course in Okasterdam, ans besides that I intend to know other laboratories, like Steep Hill and if possible, get to know some growers and their methods!

Anyway, thank you for the attentions!

I'm in Colombia and have had the same problem in the past with the larvae infestation in my coco.

Don't get discourage that a specific brand is not available because agricultural supplies are available around
you if you look for them. In Colombia I found "SaferMix WP" and it contains the following bacteria :
Beauveria bassiana
Metarhizium anisopliae
Lecanicillium lecani
Bacilus thuringiensis

Watered that in once a day 3x and the little suckers got nuked, never saw them again.

I didn't need to go to a cannabis grower's boutique (hydroponic store) and I didn't need a bank card to order it online, just walked into a normal agro store and bought it with cash, about $10 US for 500 grams of spore powder, good luck.

Omega :bongrip:

exactly, you dont need to go to a grow store. normal garden centres for regular plants will stick bacilus and other pesticides.

i cant comment on the scene in America as im based in Europe. However im certain someone there will point you in the correct direction. good luck.

Hey everyone.

Ive been growing for a long time now and mostly coco. Ive grown literally thousands and thousands of plants so here i will dedicaye a thread to growing in coco.

Please ask questions, i will always answer. No question is stupid, if you dont know then you dont know.

I will start by adding this feeding schedule. There are variations and more ways to do it but this will 100% give quality results.

Here is the Coco schedule. Remember its a guide, no substitute for knowing plants needs.

Ive had a lot of questions on nutrients recently so im going to list a full nute schedule that i use for Coco and Hydro growing. Im not going to list a soil feed schedule because there are variables that could affect what nutrients are used. Also 99% of my growing is hydroponic and I include coco in that so I will advise on what I do to get top results.

Before I make the list be aware that nutrients are way less important than light source and environment. I know alot of people grow on a tight budget but dont skip on a good light source. The video I posted yesterday explains about minimum requirements for growing and why. You want minimum 400w actual draw for a 4x4 square foot area (1x1m), yes you can grow with less but i'm not interested in growing weed with a torch or a 200w draw LED that claims to be a 600w equivalent. If you are growing even one plant make it the best it can be, its a long process to grow. Dont settle for an oz or 2 every 3 months as its wasted time and money when you can x6 that minimum just by using the correct source. A 400w hps would be the minimum requirement for me and my feed schedule represents a grow using adequate light. It stands to reason that a plant with less light will need less nutrient, just like a standard car will need less fuel than a Bugatti Veron.

So with all that said here are the schedules. You can omit anything you like additive wise but base nutrient is the most important. These are recipes that work for me and will vary depending on the quality of the water but anyone using water that is no higher than 0.7ec (350ppm) or using RO water should work. Of course try to never use tap water higher than 0.4ec (200ppm) if it can be helped.

The schedules will be based on 9 week strains, if running 8 week strains just finish nutes a week earlier. I never grow strains longer than 9 weeks now but a 10 week strain you would add 1 more week of the final boost. Strains over that will be different mix and I wont touch on that today.

I have got to these recipes over 15 years or so growing. Im not saying this is the only way but you will not fail if you follow these recipes and have adequate light source and environment.

My schedules will go off using RO water so a starting water of 0 EC (0 PPM) This will make it easier, you can omit calmag if water is of good quality and 0.3ec+ usually but its worth having incase it needs to be dded. If using water of 0.3 ec (150ppm) for example you would add that value to the value of feed i suggest. So if I suggest 1.0 ec of nutes you would add 0.3ec on to that making 1.3ec. Also the values will add up so for example if its 0.3 calmag and i add base nutrient then add it on to the 0.3ec. so if i say base up to 1.0ec that includes the 0.3 of calmag, in other words 0.7ec of base nutrient.

Finally a good EC/PPM meter is really important as is a good PH Pen, they will help you know exactly what is going into the nutrient mix and will be a valuable tool for diagnosing any possible problems. Never go off what the bottle recommends especially for anything that effects EC/PPMs.

RECIPE FOR COCO COIR.....

SEEDLINGS....

Jiffy pellets/root riot cubes/rockwool

Calmag (optional, use if water is RO) 0.1ec (50ppm)
SuperVit 1 drop/4litres water
H+G Roots Excellurator Gold 0.3ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/4 litres
PH 5.5-5.8

Soak the cubes or pellets in the solution and wring out so damp and not wet, add the seedling. this mix will get the rooting started quickly and produce strong hairy roots. I transplant into a 1-3 litre pot as soon as the tap root comes out the bottom of the cube.

FIRST TRANSPLANT

Great White mycorrhizae sprinkled in the hole where cube will be placed or onto the cube itself.
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Micro Grow Bloom 1.0ec (500ppm) This is approximately 2ml/litre.
Roots Excellurator 0.3ml/litre
SuperVit 1drop/4liitres
Advanced Nutrients VooDoo Juice 2ml/litre (once per week)

PH 5.8

SECOND TRANSPLANT.....

Great White Mycorrhizae sprinkled in hole for transplant or direct onto rootzone
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrient PH Perfect Micro Grow Bloom 1.2-1.4ec (600-700ppm)
SuperVit 1drop/4litres
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice 2ml/litre (once per week)

FLOWER PERIOD (START OF 12/12)

WEEK 1

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.4ec (700ppm)
Buddhas Tree Flower Burst 0.25ml/litre
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice 2ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1scoop/10 litres
Advanced Nutrients sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 2

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrients Sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 3

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.5-1.6ec (750-800ppm)
Sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 4 and WEEK 5

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.6ec (800ppm)
Buddhas Tree PK 0.25ml/litre
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost 1ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 6

CalMag 0.3ml/litre (150ppm)
Buddhas Tree Pk 0.5ml/litre
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost 1-2ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/10litres

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 7

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Plagron Green Sensation 1.8ec (900ppm) (can use Buddhas tree PK and metaboost as in week 6)

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 8

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.8ec (900ppm)
Plagron Green Sensation 2.0ec (1000ppm) (can use Buddhas tree PK and metaboost as in week 6)

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 9

First water to 50% run off.
Allow to dry until pots light to lift.
Water only daily. Enough so that its ready for more 24 hours later. DO NOT KEEP DRENCHED. Biggest chance of bud rot is now.
Flushing will clean excess salts and increase both yield and quality as it forces plants to finish.
Only water until harvest, minimum 7 days water.

Hydro is exactly the same as above with 3 changes.

1st replace Ionic Coco Bloom with Ionic Hydro Bloom

2nd Base nutrient EC/PPM at each feed can be pushed an extra 0.2ec/100ppm if required

3rd PH should be between 5.5-6.0 throughout.

In Recirculating Hydro PH swings are normal, allow some fluctuation as its better for plants to have a good range to uptake nutes. Set it at the lower end and allow it to increase. If it goes over 6.0 readjust to 5.8.

The recipe above is just one recipe that works well. Once you understand the plants needs at each period of growth you can adjust the feeds as going week by week isnt the most accurate way to do it but 100% this baseline recipe will give great results.

Finally in Coco and Hydro plants must be fed daily at least once per day. Do not keep media saturated ever. For Coco give enough liquid so plants are ready to be fed again 24 hours later when hand feeding. So plants should be light to lift but not completely dried out to the point of leaves wilting. Never allow it to dry out completely as the salts in the Media will burn the roots.

I hope this helps and if anyone wants alternatives to any products just ask.

Peace.

Hi,
I want to thank you for all this information. I am new to the grow game and it has been bumpy as hell on my first ride. OK i purchased some root riot from way to grow, the guy advised me to go into canna coco from there once I see the roots coming out the bottom of the cube. He advised me to use canna start with the seedling. Well I made a shit load of mistakes.......I think.

First I transfered from root riot cube to a 1 gallon pot. I did not use any white shark or product similiar, all I continued to use was the canna start as advised. Sorry I forgot to mention I am using RO with a ppm 4. The plants looked fairly decent at first then slowly became dried out showing many issues. I am at the point where I want to throw them out. I think my problem was I overwatered, meaning I put way to much water in the 1 gallons. They do not attempt to dry for nothing, now I got some light blue looking stuff on the top of the medium.

I personally feel as if the people at way to grow set me up to fail. When I tested my first run off, I was over 550 and that was with only 70 ppm coming from the canna start and 4 from RO. so the medium had roughly over 470 ppm in it.

Needless to say I had to pop some more seeds today, because at the rate my girls are going they will either be dead in a week or the new seedling may pass them up. I did transplant some and some seem to be doing OK, but the root system was very weak looking for being over 4 weeks old.

I need some advise on the seedling process and how I can implement white shark and other beneficial nutrients into my current schedule, but I will ask those last as I need to successfully complete the seedling stage before worrying about veg and flower.

First question I have is; do I need to rinse coco to the PH level and ppm level I want? I am not sure how to do this and it has been suggested. My runoff ph is 6.7, I am not sure if the run off needs to be 5.5-6.2 like the nutrients are.

Second question; I see it is optional to use calmag, but is it an absolute must if in RO? I did not use this as I was advised I would not need it. The feed I want to use for veg and flower is AN part a & b, with other AN products to add in such as overdrive, big bud, bud candy, voodoo juice and B-52. There is more to it but I don't have the feed schedule on hand to list how I plan to feed weekly. How can I implement your knowledge into my nutrients I have now? I want to use white shark and other nutrients that will make my root zone massive such as the pic you posted. I never seen roots like that, It was all white with a little coco, freaking awesome!!!!

I have so much I want to ask, but I will keep it simple. lol some questions I dont know how to ask without looking like a noob.

Thank you again, I have a clear idea what may be going on with my plants now. I never expected to hit a home run the first try but it sucks knowing I lost $210 in seeds

firstly you cant really over water coco.

when using ro water you need to be using calmag, especially when growing in coco. adjust water to 150ppm with calmag before adding anything else. .

allow seedlings to root in riot cubes then apply white shark direct to roots on transplant.

start feeds at 400-500ppm including calmag. you must feed every day.

firstly you cant really over water coco.

when using ro water you need to be using calmag, especially when growing in coco. adjust water to 150ppm with calmag before adding anything else. .

allow seedlings to root in riot cubes then apply white shark direct to roots on transplant.

start feeds at 400-500ppm including calmag. you must feed every day.

Thanks for the advise,
Will my runoff need to be in 5.5-6.2 ph range? I put the water in at 5.6-5.8 and it comes out at 6.4-6.7. Also by overwatering, I meant I just poured water until i seen a runoff, I think it may have caused it so no air gets in, I am not sure. But the pots remained saggy after 4 days. I had no clue on how to water, so I just poured non stop until I seen runoff, is that a bad practice.

I have seen on videos it says give water like an inch above the medium and stop for a few minute to let the water run in the pot.

Thanks for the quick reply, with your advise I am confident I can produce an awesome batch the next time around.

Since I am starting new seedling, do you have any suggestions on the medium? Is canna coco a good brand or do you suggest something else?

i never water to run off in coco when manual feeding. just feed enough so 24 hours later pots are light to lift but not completely dry.

i hate canna coco but if you must use it then go for the canna coco professional. i like atami bcuzz or plagron.

just feed at 5.8ph and dont worry about run off.

Thanks again Cult!!!!
Last question, when starting my seedling can I opt not to use the supervit? I am strapped for cash at the moment, the AN nutrients I purchased was close to $500 which is much for me just starting.

Yeah I am not too impressed with canna coco, as mentioned I had one bag that cause all my plants to have ppm drain of 558.

is it ok if I post my feeding schedule for you later on today (in 2 hours) and see if there is anything i need to change. I got my schedule from a buddy who has been doing it for awhile (maybe 5 years), but i am concerned about not having any calmag in the feed schedule. I am afraid I will get through seedling and fail at veg.

Thanks again Cult!!!

Hey everyone.

Ive been growing for a long time now and mostly coco. Ive grown literally thousands and thousands of plants so here i will dedicaye a thread to growing in coco.

Please ask questions, i will always answer. No question is stupid, if you dont know then you dont know.

I will start by adding this feeding schedule. There are variations and more ways to do it but this will 100% give quality results.

Here is the Coco schedule. Remember its a guide, no substitute for knowing plants needs.

Ive had a lot of questions on nutrients recently so im going to list a full nute schedule that i use for Coco and Hydro growing. Im not going to list a soil feed schedule because there are variables that could affect what nutrients are used. Also 99% of my growing is hydroponic and I include coco in that so I will advise on what I do to get top results.

Before I make the list be aware that nutrients are way less important than light source and environment. I know alot of people grow on a tight budget but dont skip on a good light source. The video I posted yesterday explains about minimum requirements for growing and why. You want minimum 400w actual draw for a 4x4 square foot area (1x1m), yes you can grow with less but i'm not interested in growing weed with a torch or a 200w draw LED that claims to be a 600w equivalent. If you are growing even one plant make it the best it can be, its a long process to grow. Dont settle for an oz or 2 every 3 months as its wasted time and money when you can x6 that minimum just by using the correct source. A 400w hps would be the minimum requirement for me and my feed schedule represents a grow using adequate light. It stands to reason that a plant with less light will need less nutrient, just like a standard car will need less fuel than a Bugatti Veron.

So with all that said here are the schedules. You can omit anything you like additive wise but base nutrient is the most important. These are recipes that work for me and will vary depending on the quality of the water but anyone using water that is no higher than 0.7ec (350ppm) or using RO water should work. Of course try to never use tap water higher than 0.4ec (200ppm) if it can be helped.

The schedules will be based on 9 week strains, if running 8 week strains just finish nutes a week earlier. I never grow strains longer than 9 weeks now but a 10 week strain you would add 1 more week of the final boost. Strains over that will be different mix and I wont touch on that today.

I have got to these recipes over 15 years or so growing. Im not saying this is the only way but you will not fail if you follow these recipes and have adequate light source and environment.

My schedules will go off using RO water so a starting water of 0 EC (0 PPM) This will make it easier, you can omit calmag if water is of good quality and 0.3ec+ usually but its worth having incase it needs to be dded. If using water of 0.3 ec (150ppm) for example you would add that value to the value of feed i suggest. So if I suggest 1.0 ec of nutes you would add 0.3ec on to that making 1.3ec. Also the values will add up so for example if its 0.3 calmag and i add base nutrient then add it on to the 0.3ec. so if i say base up to 1.0ec that includes the 0.3 of calmag, in other words 0.7ec of base nutrient.

Finally a good EC/PPM meter is really important as is a good PH Pen, they will help you know exactly what is going into the nutrient mix and will be a valuable tool for diagnosing any possible problems. Never go off what the bottle recommends especially for anything that effects EC/PPMs.

RECIPE FOR COCO COIR.....

SEEDLINGS....

Jiffy pellets/root riot cubes/rockwool

Calmag (optional, use if water is RO) 0.1ec (50ppm)
SuperVit 1 drop/4litres water
H+G Roots Excellurator Gold 0.3ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/4 litres
PH 5.5-5.8

Soak the cubes or pellets in the solution and wring out so damp and not wet, add the seedling. this mix will get the rooting started quickly and produce strong hairy roots. I transplant into a 1-3 litre pot as soon as the tap root comes out the bottom of the cube.

FIRST TRANSPLANT

Great White mycorrhizae sprinkled in the hole where cube will be placed or onto the cube itself.
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Micro Grow Bloom 1.0ec (500ppm) This is approximately 2ml/litre.
SuperVit 1drop/4liitres
Advanced Nutrients VooDoo Juice 2ml/litre (once per week)

PH 5.8

SECOND TRANSPLANT.....

Great White Mycorrhizae sprinkled in hole for transplant or direct onto rootzone
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrient PH Perfect Micro Grow Bloom 1.2-1.4ec (600-700ppm)
SuperVit 1drop/4litres
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice 2ml/litre (once per week)

FLOWER PERIOD (START OF 12/12)

WEEK 1

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrients sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 2

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrients Sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 3

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.5-1.6ec (750-800ppm)

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 4 and WEEK 5

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Buddhas Tree PK 0.25ml/litre
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost 1ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 6

CalMag 0.3ml/litre (150ppm)
Buddhas Tree Pk 0.5ml/litre
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost 1-2ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/10litres

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 7

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Plagron Green Sensation 1.8ec (900ppm) (can use Buddhas tree PK and metaboost as in week 6)

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 8

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.8ec (900ppm)
Plagron Green Sensation 2.0ec (1000ppm) (can use Buddhas tree PK and metaboost as in week 6)

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 9

First water to 50% run off.
Allow to dry until pots light to lift.
Water only daily. Enough so that its ready for more 24 hours later. DO NOT KEEP DRENCHED. Biggest chance of bud rot is now.
Flushing will clean excess salts and increase both yield and quality as it forces plants to finish.
Only water until harvest, minimum 7 days water.

Hydro is exactly the same as above with 3 changes.

1st replace Ionic Coco Bloom with Ionic Hydro Bloom

2nd Base nutrient EC/PPM at each feed can be pushed an extra 0.2ec/100ppm if required

3rd PH should be between 5.5-6.0 throughout.

In Recirculating Hydro PH swings are normal, allow some fluctuation as its better for plants to have a good range to uptake nutes. Set it at the lower end and allow it to increase. If it goes over 6.0 readjust to 5.8.

The recipe above is just one recipe that works well. Once you understand the plants needs at each period of growth you can adjust the feeds as going week by week isnt the most accurate way to do it but 100% this baseline recipe will give great results.

Finally in Coco and Hydro plants must be fed daily at least once per day. Do not keep media saturated ever. For Coco give enough liquid so plants are ready to be fed again 24 hours later when hand feeding. So plants should be light to lift but not completely dried out to the point of leaves wilting. Never allow it to dry out completely as the salts in the Media will burn the roots.

I hope this helps and if anyone wants alternatives to any products just ask.

Peace.
Are the amountes of nutes the same for canna nutes ?or its spesific for your brand of nutes ?

yes you can cut out the supervit. you must use calmag or you asking for trouble. feel free to post schedule.

Hey Cult,
Ok here is what was passed down to me. all ML is per 18L

week 1 Veg
sensi grow A 5
sensi grow B 5
voodoo 3
b-52 3
drip clean as directed per bottle

week 2
A =15
B= 15
VooDoo= 8
b52 =8

week 3
same as week 2

same if choose to go into week 4

Week 1 flower
Sensi A=50
Sensi B=50
Voodoo=25

week 2
A=60
B=60
Big Bud=30
voodoo=30

week 3
A=70
B=70
big bud=35

all weeks stay same as week 3 until last week of flower

last week
sensi a=50
sensi b=50
over drive=25
shooting powder (not given amount, I assume I use as directed?)

also was advised to use drip clean every change of nutes, and to flush with drip and water.

Is this a solid feed schedule? Is there areas that can be changed or need more nutrients? I want those roots I seen in your pics.:goodjob:

Again I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions and assisting with your knowledge.

when you guys are using your base nute, do not go off ml per litre. go off ppm/ec. the ppm/ec will be the same for most base nutes. those values are in the schedule i provide.

any additives just follow recommended dosage but start less than full strength first.

when you guys are using your base nute, do not go off ml per litre. go off ppm/ec. the ppm/ec will be the same for most base nutes. those values are in the schedule i provide.

any additives just follow recommended dosage but start less than full strength first.

Thanks again,
With the feeding schedule I posted do I need to add calmag? or is the combination of b52 and voodoo equivalent? Also will I just add the white shark until week 3 of flower as suggested in another post? I feel like I may be missing something with the schedule. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom