Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Cannalytics Supply has similarly ignored my attempts at communication the past two weeks. I used their webform twice, and have sent them two e-mails. Another black hole to swallow your cash, so it's not only the seed companies.
I feel your pain brother... :(

Despite my seed ordering setbacks today there is some good news in the garden to report. My OG Kush plant that I feared was a dud and was in rough shape with yellowing leaves is now healthy and happy under the MegaLight. I thought it was a plant that didn't want much nutes because it was developing burned tips when I was briefly at 5.5g/gal so I took it back to 5g/gal for quite a while.

I was concerned about it because the leaves were a light pale green which would indicate it had a nute shortage but it also had burned tips meaning it had too much nutes so it seemed to be sending me contradictory messages? But once the leaves started turning yellow it seemed it wanted more nutes and going to 6 then 6.2g/gal has revived it and it is now darker green and yellowing leaves are not a problem now. I find it amazing what a narrow tolerance plants have for nutes. Here she is today looking healthy again.

My confusion was that I assumed burned tips only can mean too much nutes but as Penny thought my yellowing was from a phosphorus deficiency so I looked it up and that can cause burned tips too so burned tips can be from either too little or too much nutes, that really narrows it down... :p

1.jpg

Also yesterday my oscillating fan just stopped working. I found the electric cord had worn through from the oscillating motion so I fixed that and she is up and running again.

2.jpg

Looks terrific! You've found the sweet spot for the nutes.

Now there is a freaking design flaw if I've ever seen one!

Thanks, Shed. I have found the sweet spot and it is pretty narrow to my surprise. Being a millwright I have learned a lot of things are poorly designed. :nerd-with-glasses:

Looks terrific! You've found the sweet spot for the nutes.
Yes, I found the sweet spot by as a last resort following the instructions... feels like a failure even though it is a victory. :rolleyes:

My NL that I am planning on reversing is responding well to training growing nicely beyond the side of the pot so the pollen will fall on plastic so it can be collected. I was going to flip this pretty soon so I could time it to pollenate the NL in bloom now under the MegaLight but I might as well wait for it to get bigger to get more pollen since I have taken another NL cutting.

, .jpg

,.jpg

There seems to be another company that is selling Katsu's seeds under a different name, Loud. I doubt these are genuine? I see these things all over the place.
Loud seeds is legit. Good genetics there. There are quite a few breeders that offer a pre 98 Bubba Kush. There are a lot that aren’t quite the real deal though. Loud is a reputable breeder though. A lot of these guys got their cut of Bubba from Katsu back in the day. Not saying loud did but Katsu definitely supplied some breeders with his cut. Sometimes I even see “Katsu Bubba” in the lineage of some strains. I believe there is a difference in pre 98 bubba and Katsu bubba but Katsu has both of those cuts. May have even crossed them together recently. Penny may know more about some of this.

Katsu Bubba is a phenotype of the original Bubba. It has a somewhat different terp profile. Katsubluebird made sure a lot of people got his Katsu cut. I think he has a cross of Katsu x pre 98. May not have been released yet.

Loud seeds is legit. Good genetics there. There are quite a few breeders that offer a pre 98 Bubba Kush. There are a lot that aren’t quite the real deal though. Loud is a reputable breeder though. A lot of these guys got their cut of Bubba from Katsu back in the day. Not saying loud did but Katsu definitely supplied some breeders with his cut. Sometimes I even see “Katsu Bubba” in the lineage of some strains. I believe there is a difference in pre 98 bubba and Katsu bubba but Katsu has both of those cuts. May have even crossed them together recently. Penny may know more about some of this.
Katsu Bubba is a phenotype of the original Bubba. It has a somewhat different terp profile. Katsubluebird made sure a lot of people got his Katsu cut. I think he has a cross of Katsu x pre 98. May not have been released yet.
Thanks for the info guys. JBC Seeds got back to me in an email and they ship to Canada and accept Paypal if you email them the email address associated with your Paypal after ordering online. I did it this morning so if all goes well I should have some P98's on the way pretty soon. Woo Hoo... :party:Thanks to all for all the input to help me. :)

Maybe he has released it because I saw online somewhere, (Bubba-Kush-pre-98)2, and I wondered why it had the brackets around it and the 2?

The P98 Bubba that @katsubluebird is offering is S1 (selfed)
Yes, that is what I am hoping for so I can make my own S1's from it. I get to have a practice run with my reversing on the NL I have going now.

It doesn't have the brackets but here is one with the 2 in the name.

There are some nice backcrosses out there of some good strains. I think they do that to try to bring out certain characteristics maybe. Correct me if I’m wrong PW. But for example if Katsu ever made a backcross it might be his p98 crossed with one of his bubba crosses like the Bubbas Breath. Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom