Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

I'm looking for a bag nutrient, I can live with additional calcium. My days of mixing nutes is over.
Amen. You know me... Mr Mininalist, lol. I totally agree. My system is as simple as possible as long as it works.

I haven't seen anyone yet that has needed anything extra with the v2 MC. It should take you from start to finish. You can always add stuff like Protekt but then you would need to add a calmag supp as well to balance the ratios. So yes, as long as you know what to adjust then additives are fine but not needed in v2.
Thank you so much buddy; that is exactly what I have been wondering. I was curious about your test results and have been meaning to ask you about it but if no one has needed supplements with v2, for now, I am sticking with it. It looks like additives open a hornet's nest so till I know what I am doing I think I will take a pass.

I did order some sweet candy and bud explosion, the additives sold by Greenleaf that makes MC, before I went full-blown minimalist so since I have them I should someday do a side by side comparison with and without them on identical clones.

It's great you mention that Penny...the more grows I get under my belt the more I understand the needs and changes the plant expects. I was finding just sticking to one was affecting me in flower, just as you mentioned it's better to go with Dyna Bloom in flower. Both work, but one way gives better results.

They say you can mix and store up to two weeks the MC, so you could make a few gallons at once and not worry. You'd have to shake it up as I find mine settles. Dutch says his does too but Shed said he hasn't seen any settling.

I contacted Greenleaf with this question. Their answer was "Several weeks/months."

Wow, really? I found it started to really stink, lol. Maybe it's been improved for v2.
Thanks OS.
I would think that would be any bacteria in the container or water more than the MC but I am no scientist so what the heck do I know, lol... :nerd-with-glasses:

I am glad I didn't count my chickens before they hatched some nice bud because my OG Kush seems to be having a nute issue all of a sudden. I noticed last night some of my lower leaves seem to be showing signs of cal/mag deficiencies.

I have been very conservative with the nutes with this plant; when I went from 5 to 5.5g/gal I started to notice some tip burn so I have gone back to just 5g/gal ever since. The tips are saying it has too much nutes and the leaves are saying not enough? Maybe as it has gone farther into budding it needs more nutes than before when the tips burned?

I am thinking of upping the nutes to 6.0g/gal?

Here are my burned tips.
2.jpg

And one of my bad leaves.
3.jpg

I am not that upset because although this plant has been a good grower and seems like it is budding well it is not dank and sticky and stinky and at this stage, it really should be by now so I won't be making seeds from it I doubt. I think I will kill it's clone and plant my Super Skunk seed from Sensi as a replacement if it doesn't dank up in the next little while.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Give her some time, they do need an increase in nutes once flowers set. I’d up your mix a bit, looks more like phosphorus issue.
That does make sense because I cut back on the nutes before she had any flowers. I will give her a watering at 6g/gal instead of the 5g/gal she has been getting and see what that does. Thanks.

Calcium usually shows up on newer leaves at the top of the plant.
Oh, ok, good to know. These are definitely starting on the bottom so I bet you are right about being a phosphorus issue.

Potassium will show as yellow between the veins.
I was just reading that a phosphorus deficiency can also cause burned tips!!! That would make sense because when I cut back on nutes because of my burned tips thinking I was over nuting it could have been from not enough phosphorus so I made things worse. Also, this plant has not been a very dark green which had me concerned too which also says I am not giving enough nutes.

Back
Top Bottom