Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

I wish you luck but I think you got this.
Thanks, Penny. Hard to go too wrong with the folks like you keeping me on the right track. :)

This NL is showing everything you’ve picked up at 420.
I hate to imagine where I would be without 420. It has taken almost a year but I am getting the bugs worked out pretty good.

When I got to 420 I'd just killed 4 Diesel autos by cooking them with nutrients. My first grow here turned out okay. Started getting the hang of it after that.
That sounds like a tough way to start; glad you didn't give up. Luckily I found this site just into my first grow when my nutes were giving me cal/mg deficiencies. @MrSauga turned me on to MegaCrop luckily so I didn't lose them.

I'm looking at megacrop myself.
It is pretty hard to find a fault with it. It is pretty cheap and dead simple with good results at all stages. Maybe these complex multi-part systems give better results but I doubt it is worth all the fuss. In his interview I listened to of Katsu he is mostly organic now. If I did a change it would probably be in that direction but it seems pretty involved. I read @MrSauga is testing additives along with MC and I am curious about his results.

It is pretty hard to find a fault with it. It is pretty cheap and dead simple with good results at all stages. Maybe these complex multi-part systems give better results but I doubt it is worth all the fuss. In his interview I listened to of Katsu he is mostly organic now. If I did a change it would probably be in that direction but it seems pretty involved. I read @MrSauga is testing additives along with MC and I am curious about his results.
I am having great results so far Homer. I dropped the amount of MC I was using so I could add more K and Ca. I use v1 if you recall so it has a K value of 14 where the new stuff is at 17, amongst other improvements.

I'll try living soil at some point but it will be coco for my next run.
I started with coco and worm castings with perlite and it cost about $25 per five-gallon container so I tried switching to ProMix HP for about $5 per five-gallon container and didn't notice any difference.

I started with coco and worm castings with perlite and it cost about $25 per five-gallon container so I tried switching to ProMix HP for about $5 per five-gallon container and didn't notice any difference.
I've used pure coco for awhile, haven't had Seed peat yet.

I am having great results so far Homer. I dropped the amount of MC I was using so I could add more K and Ca. I use v1 if you recall so it has a K value of 14 where the new stuff is at 17, amongst other improvements.
I forgot that but when I was reading your journal I noticed you have the old stuff and I have the new stuff so I am not sure how it translates but if you are getting improvements over just MC I will have to check it out. Are you basically trying to make your old stuff the same as the new with your additives?

Are you basically trying to make your old stuff the same as the new with your additives?
That's exactly what I am trying to do. In flower we need to increase the K, and my last grows I always showed defs at this point. Now they get calmag, sweet candy and megacrop and not a def to be found. I'm working on my N levels as they may have been high for the stage I am in but I have the N load down in the 120's(ppm) which is great.

That's exactly what I am trying to do. In flower we need to increase the K, and my last grows I always showed defs at this point. Now they get calmag, sweet candy and megacrop and not a def to be found. I'm working on my N levels as they may have been high for the stage I am in but I have the N load down in the 120's(ppm) which is great.
You seem to really have good knowledge of your nutes much more than me. I guess this new mixture is pretty balanced for all stages because I seem to be good at all phases of the plant. At this point, I am getting good reliable results with MC but down the road I can see experimenting some with it or additives or organics.

I haven't seen anyone yet that has needed anything extra with the v2 MC. It should take you from start to finish. You can always add stuff like Protekt but then you would need to add a calmag supp as well to balance the ratios. So yes, as long as you know what to adjust then additives are fine but not needed in v2.

Back
Top Bottom