Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Lots of good news to report in the garden since the devastating loss of my Dinamed. :rip: Reflecting back I think there is a good chance that I was watering too much and drowned it as a final insult besides over nuting her and burning her with the LED's earlier. I was reading online that the top one-third of roots actually need to breathe so if they are constantly soaked the plant can drown. It was getting pretty close to the end of budding so it probably needed less water but I kept giving it the same amount because I had a lot going on at the time and didn't pay close enough attention.

But my OG Kush from Dimafem is lov’in life under my new MegaLight from NextLight!! It has almost filled up the 3 x 3’ grow area all alone and just seems as happy as can be. I seem to have my nutes dialled in pretty good and I am being more careful with the watering but I think the new light is really making a big difference. This is my healthiest plant ever I think.

I kept complaining about my old light that it seemed like 80% of the light fell in the area directly under the light and that the bulbs needed to be spread out more and this light is living proof that is true. And the amazing thing is I am actually using less wattage. My old light was 260 Watts and I am only drawing 200 W with this one to much greater benefit. Couldn’t be happier with this light.

y.jpg

u.jpg

Here is my NL from Sensi doing great also. I have got her nicely trained and spread out as much as I think I need to so I am going to let her go vertical from here. I trimmed the way a bunch of the centre fan leaves so the secondary branches hopefully will sprout.

t.jpg

And here is my NL cutting that I will be trying to revert to make pollen finally out of her dome and actually growing. @InTheShed was right, she just needed a little more time.

r.jpg

Lots of good news to report in the garden since the devastating loss of my Dinamed. :rip: Reflecting back I think there is a good chance that I was watering too much and drowned it as a final insult besides over nuting her and burning her with the LED's earlier. I was reading online that the top one-third of roots actually need to breathe so if they are constantly soaked the plant can drown. It was getting pretty close to the end of budding so it probably needed less water but I kept giving it the same amount because I had a lot going on at the time and didn't pay close enough attention.

But my OG Kush from Dimafem is lov’in life under my new MegaLight from NextLight!! It has almost filled up the 3 x 3’ grow area all alone and just seems as happy as can be. I seem to have my nutes dialled in pretty good and I am being more careful with the watering but I think the new light is really making a big difference. This is my healthiest plant ever I think.

I kept complaining about my old light that it seemed like 80% of the light fell in the area directly under the light and that the bulbs needed to be spread out more and this light is living proof that is true. And the amazing thing is I am actually using less wattage. My old light was 260 Watts and I am only drawing 200 W with this one to much greater benefit. Couldn’t be happier with this light.

y.jpg

u.jpg

Here is my NL from Sensi doing great also. I have got her nicely trained and spread out as much as I think I need to so I am going to let her go vertical from here. I trimmed the way a bunch of the centre fan leaves so the secondary branches hopefully will sprout.

t.jpg

And here is my NL cutting that I will be trying to revert to make pollen finally out of her dome and actually growing. @InTheShed was right, she just needed a little more time.

r.jpg

It almost hurts looking at plants under 'blurple' now, doesn't it?

That is good to hear because I was taking infused oil from my WW for a while and after making a new batch of NL a few days ago I love NL for the way it is so relaxing and gives me a good nights sleep. I think I am going to be mostly growing NL or other pure Indicas.

Old school genetics at Mr Nice :slide:
It looks that way. Thanks for the info. I will keep them in mind for down the road for some Indicas.

They have a lot NL and Skunk #1 crosses.

That sounds right up my alley. With my 4 plant system, I am attempting to make seeds with the NL from Sensi and OG Kush from Dinafem I have going now if they are good and that will take my whole garden for quite a few months but I do keep track of your recommendations like the Purple Afghan Kush from Dinafem and now MrNice.

I have grown plants I know I will never use like my Yummy plant and even my WW because I learned I just like the pure Indicas so once I find a few good strong Indicas with good yields I will probably grow a lot of them and maybe try a new strain every now and then.

Edit: I also will grow a CBD strain but I find I don't need to grow it all the time to have enough. I think I will be trying Canadida next.

It almost hurts looking at plants under 'blurple' now, doesn't it?

Now that I think about it the problem isn't the blurple color but the fact all the manufacturers of blurples put them in a little box and then point them straight down so the light is too focused. They need either a bigger platform or to be mounted on an arc so the light is diffused.

The beauty of my MegaLight is that it is 37"x 37" which is pretty much the area of my grow so I could not have a more even illumination. I am still stunned I was just given this basically for trying to grow good bud like a lazy cheapskate, lol. :oops:

Look at the Pre 98 Bubba crosses from Katsubluebird, should be right up your alley.

You certainly know about some hidden gems Penny!!! I like their company motto, "Elite & Heirloom Gentics"!! Oddly enough Katsubluebird doesn't have a website but I found some Pre 98 Budda seeds for sale and the description is pretty impressive.

"The various phenotypes of the reversed/feminized Bubba Kush S1’s will all have high TCH 9 levels and flavor profiles that include coffee, chocolate, hash, “7-Up”, pine, lemon, and fruit.

The Bubba is a moderate yielder that typically produces golf ball sized dense nuggets covered in frost and flowers that look, smell, and taste as dank as anything you’ve ever tried.

While the amazing taste will have you reaching for more, be wary of the strength as it can leave novices fast asleep on the couch and veterans with a 1000-yard stare and a big, goofy smile."

I think it is a cross of OG Kush and NL which just happen to be the two strains I am growing now so I am thinking I should try that cross myself if they are good. I needed a new hot water heater this month and had a wedding so I can't bring myself to buy them right now, especially since the garden is booked up for a few months with the strains I have, but I can see these seeds making it to the garden eventually.

Thanks again for the heads up Penny.

The plants look great and I'm glad you're recovering from having to cull that one. That new light is an excellent change to the grow!
I have got her nicely trained and spread out as much as I think I need to so I am going to let her go vertical from here. I trimmed the way a bunch of the centre fan leaves so the secondary branches hopefully will sprout.
I would wait for the center branches to catch up before I let the outside ones go vertical. Otherwise the center will always be lower and smaller than the rest.

The plants look great and I'm glad you're recovering from having to cull that one. That new light is an excellent change to the grow!

I would wait for the center branches to catch up before I let the outside ones go vertical. Otherwise the center will always be lower and smaller than the rest.

Thanks, Shed. Yes, since my devastating loss things seem to be going pretty good for now. What I love most about my new light is my plant seems to love it even more!

I think you are right about those center branches needing to catch up; amazing how different every plant is because my OG Kush in flower now had it's center branches take right off but the ones on this NL are in slo-mo.

Bubba is a classic no doubt, if you love indicas you need Bubba in your life. You’ll be sleeping like a baby! Lol

I was already pretty tempted but that sleeping like a baby line sounds like heaven. Even on the NL I am sleeping better than I have been in years.

Back
Top Bottom