Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

This led me to set my watering limits up to go for about a week on each reservoir!!

For two weeks I'd need a minimum of 60l / 16 US gal tank. That's not too bad. I'd also need to automate run off removal. My current tank is 19l / 5 US gal.

For two weeks I'd need a minimum of 60l / 16 US gal tank. That's not too bad. I'd also need to automate run off removal. My current tank is 19l / 5 US gal.
I’ll be running a 20-30Gal Res. But I’m not watering to heavy runoff. I want to time it just that it soaks but not to more than 1-2% runoff! I’ve got catcher trays below but shouldn’t need to empty them!
I’m excited to see your setup Salt!!

Interesting... I'll take some pics next time of v1 so you can see it after 24 hours sitting out. Maybe v2 doesn't settle out like mine.
V2 settles if left alone and not mixed. I plan to keep a recirculating pump in my reservoir for mixing and then use my main pump to send it out to the manifold and to the plants!

I’ll be running a 20-30Gal Res. But I’m not watering to heavy runoff. I want to time it just that it soaks but not to more than 1-2% runoff! I’ve got catcher trays below but shouldn’t need to empty them!
I’m excited to see your setup Salt!!

V2 settles if left alone and not mixed. I plan to keep a recirculating pump in my reservoir for mixing and then use my main pump to send it out to the manifold and to the plants!

Would a second pump running while feeding the plants be enough? It would between 90 seconds and five minutes three times per day.

Would a second pump running while feeding the plants be enough? It would between 90 seconds and five minutes three times per day.
I would assume it is.
I’m going to be running in Promix HP still so my feeding is much different. I’ll be feeding 2-3 times per week at 2-4L per feeding. This will keep the girls happy and I’ll onlt have to change my reservoir once a week or top it up. I could increase my res size and go for 2 weeks if needed.

My recirculating pump will just be to keep the MegaCrop mixed in the reservoir at all times. I’ll have it set on an ON/OFF cycle periodically throughout the day every day and constantly on feed days.

I've had one of these in my Amazon cart for a year but now with adjustable drivers I think it's time to pull the trigger. Ordered! Sorry to hear about the Dinamed too :(

I am sure you will be glad you ordered it. Appreciate the condolences about Dinamed; hard to lose a daughter in the prime of life like that… :rip: :rolleyes:

I have toyed with the idea of getting some kind of automated watering system but with only four plants it’s not that big of a job and I kind of like my plants staggered in age so I get more frequent harvests so that way I am mixing up four different mixtures. Hard to mix up even more than a day’s worth since they’re all different and I’m never sure which one is next? With four plants though it really isn’t a big bother watering manually and we enjoy our time together, LOL.

Finally yesterday I had to face the reality I didn’t have any hot water so I called around got a few quotes and they arrived today on time and got it done in a little over an hour for $1050 plus tax. And amazingly enough the water heater is actually made in Canada. Glad to get that out of the way.

h.jpg

hy.jpg

The day the guy came to replace my water meter I had to move some stuff around my water heater for him and that is when I noticed it was leaking and I think that was last Thurs. It was not leaking that bad and I have a wedding on the weekend and I am not supposed to strain yet so I was just hoping I could leave it for a week or so, so that I could save money and do it myself but a few days ago it got a lot worse so I had to do something about it so I went a little over a day I think with no hot water.

Have you been showering at the gym or just not bathing? If you don't mind me asking :).

Luckily it happened mid-week so it didn't affect my weekly bath... :p

I have toyed with the idea of getting some kind of automated watering system but with only four plants it’s not that big of a job and I kind of like my plants staggered in age so I get more frequent harvests so that way I am mixing up four different mixtures. Hard to mix up even more than a day’s worth since they’re all different and I’m never sure which one is next? With four plants though it really isn’t a big bother watering manually and we enjoy our time together, LOL.

My current grow has been a real P.I.T.A. Two or three different formulations for various stages of growth, each with six or more components. Toss in watering three times a day by hand, having to struggle to get enough water, and it was no longer a joy. I'm hoping that block growing, and automatic watering will bring it back.

By block growing I mean all the plants in a tent are the same strain, and the same age, and therefore have the same environmental and nutritional requirements.

My current grow has been a real P.I.T.A. Two or three different formulations for various stages of growth, each with six or more components. Toss in watering three times a day by hand, having to struggle to get enough water, and it was no longer a joy. I'm hoping that block growing, and automatic watering will bring it back.

By block growing I mean all the plants in a tent are the same strain, and the same age, and therefore have the same environmental and nutritional requirements.

Sorry, your current grow is a pain in the butt Old Salt. Can't imagine though what or why you are watering 3 times a day. In veg my plants can go a week or more and in flower every 2 to 3 days?? Even with the start of a seedling I don't water to close to a week.

Congratulations!!!!!!!
:party:

My oldest friend who I met in grade 3 is having the wedding for his son on Sat. I have know the whole family since I was a kid and they are great folk so it should be a hoot. :theband::party::woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom