Hi All - Learning To Grow Autoflower

Hi Roy and hi everyone, I would like to introduce my one day old baby girl isn't she beautiful 😂😂 cor what a massive difference buying from a trusted seeds place dose

20231109_132124.jpg

Now's a good time to read up on nutrients/application rates
All you need is Coco A/B, CaMg & pH Down - get yourself a 5ml pipette and a 1L jug
That's everything I have. When should I turn the lights to 18-6 and also when should I put the isolating fans on? And when isit best to start feeding nutrients and what measurements should I use thanks Roy

20231110_162834.jpg

You can put the light on 18/6 from day 1 [keep an eye on the temp high/low]
Start feeding after about a week, when the first pair of blades have appeared
Here is their feed calculator as a guide Grow Guide | CANNA UK
Basically, young plants 1-2ml/L, vegging plants 3-4ml/L then start of flower 1 week of 5ml/L + PK, then reduce to 3-4ml/L through the rest of flower - the plant will tell you if it's hungry or stuffed by the colour of the leaves
Don't overdo the Doff or it can rot - just 1-2ml/L every 2nd or 3rd watering in veg
1L of water > 1ml CaMg > A>B > pH 5.8-6.2 > 1-2ml Seaweed [if using]
The oscillating fan should be on for circulation, and a slight breeze will strengthen the stem but don't aim the fan directly at the seedling or you'll get wind burn

Basically, young plants 1-2ml/L, vegging plants 3-4ml/L then start of flower 1 week of 5ml/L + PK, then reduce to 3-4ml/L through the rest of flower - the plant will tell you if it's hungry or stuffed by the colour of the leaves
Don't overdo the Doff or it can rot - just 1-2ml/L every 2nd or 3rd watering in veg
The oscillating fan should be on for circulation, and a slight breeze will strengthen the stem but don't aim the fan directly at the seedling or you'll get wind burn
Sorry Roy I don't fully understand do you mean 1ml a litter of coco a/b 1ml of each? I'm gonna have to do it week by week or il get bain over load 😩 sorry part of my condition I have. I did look at that link you sent and lost me I apologise 😔

Sorry Roy I don't fully understand do you mean 1ml a litter of coco a/b 1ml of each? I'm gonna have to do it week by week or il get bain over load 😩 sorry part of my condition I have. I did look at that link you sent and lost me I apologise 😔
Yes - always equal amounts of parts A&B so when I say 1ml/L I mean 1ml of each
eg 1ml/L CaMg first, stir > 1ml part A, stir > 1ml part B, stir > adjust pH

Don't worry about the chart, I'll walk you through this grow - you'll get the gist of it pretty quickly
...and please don't worry about personal difficulties, I have plenty of issues and plenty of patience and understanding

She should not use Calmag with Canna Coco since it already added in the base A + B. Adding more is contra productive. She should not in any way use PK 13/14 starting out, not needed in containers and also contra productive since you already have plenty of K naturally in coir and won't need extra P in flower.

I don't think you're really helping OP out by copy pasting manufacturers recommendations without fully understand how to optimally implement said products? If you blindly follow manufacturers recommendations you will only loose money, yield and potency.

Calmag and PK has their use in pure water cultures but do very little for potency and yield in containers. In most situations you're better of not using them. Especially using a product designed to be used specifically with coir, why destroy the optimal mineral ratio by adding products intended for pure hydro?

Yes - always equal amounts of parts A&B so when I say 1ml/L I mean 1ml of each
eg 1ml/L CaMg first, stir > 1ml part A, stir > 1ml part B, stir > adjust pH

Don't worry about the chart, I'll walk you through this grow - you'll get the gist of it pretty quickly
...and please don't worry about personal difficulties, I have plenty of issues and plenty of patience and understanding
And is this the measurements for week 1 even with the camg? Sorry it's my down fall I need to break down step by set or I get lose and so confused but I love learning.

and you my friend are a diamond 💎 I spoke to the right person at the right time! I don't think I would of started this with out your help from day we spoke. Thankyou roy 🙏

She should not use Calmag with Canna Coco since it already added in the base A + B. Adding more is contra productive. She should not in any way use PK 13/14 starting out, not needed in containers and also contra productive since you already have plenty of K naturally in coir and won't need extra P in flower.

I don't think you're really helping OP out by copy pasting manufacturers recommendations without fully understand how to optimally implement said products? If you blindly follow manufacturers recommendations you will only loose money, yield and potency.

Calmag and PK has their use in pure water cultures but do very little for potency and yield in containers. In most situations you're better of not using them. Especially using a product designed to be used specifically with coir, why destroy the optimal mineral ratio by adding products intended for pure hydro?
Thank you for your input @Wastei
I don't copy and paste anything my friend, I've been growing in coco with these nutes for around 40 years
We are not discussing your opinions in this thread, thanks
:Namaste:

And is this the measurements for week 1 even with the camg? Sorry it's my down fall I need to break down step by set or I get lose and so confused but I love learning.

and you my friend are a diamond 💎 I spoke to the right person at the right time! I don't think I would of started this with out your help from day we spoke. Thankyou roy 🙏
Just water for the first week, until you see first blade leaves

Looks perfectly normal, so far so good 👍
Hi Roy I hope all is well? My girl is now 7 days old I would wondering when would be best to add some nutrients? She's just on hp tested water at the moment I'm stil waiting on second fan leaves to come though but they are slowly coming though I can see the tips just starting to unfold. Dose she look like she's hungry ?

20231115_181229.jpg

20231115_181234.jpg

Hi Roy I hope all is well? My girl is now 7 days old I would wondering when would be best to add some nutrients? She's just on hp tested water at the moment I'm stil waiting on second fan leaves to come though but they are slowly coming though I can see the tips just starting to unfold. Dose she look like she's hungry ?

20231115_181229.jpg

20231115_181234.jpg
Yes, starting to look a little hungry

Fill your jug with 1L of fresh water
Add 1ml of Cal Mag and stir - don't forget to shake the bottle first
A few minutes later, add 1ml Part A and stir
A few minutes later add 1ml Part B and stir
Add a few drops of pH down then check with a pH meter
Repeat this a few drops at a time until you reach pH 5.8-6.2 - count how many drops you've added in total so you know how much to add in future
Using your pipette, water about 50ml in a close circle around the stem
Use the leftover mix to wet a wider circle around the pot as coco should never dry out completely

Let me know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom