Hi All - Learning To Grow Autoflower

Not really much to be done at the moment, just watch it grow
Some growers thin out one or two of the congested leaves to allow better airflow, and take off any feeble, small buds from beneath the canopy - entirely up to you if you want to try that
4 weeks now so we should start to see some flowers soon, so probably about time to up the feed to 4ml/L + 2ml/L seaweed to give it a boost
OK thanks Roy and do I use seaweed all the time now until the end of the grow and the small buds at the bottom cut them off? Isit OK to cut leafs I'm nervous I don't want to keep her haha

OK thanks Roy and do I use seaweed all the time now until the end of the grow and the small buds at the bottom cut them off? Isit OK to cut leafs I'm nervous I don't want to keep her haha
Only need to use seaweed every couple of weeks
Yes, the feeble bits which are in total shade won't amount to anything worthwhile, so better to direct the energy to the main colas by cutting them off
Yes, you can take leaves off to let more light in, just don't overdo it
Usually it's just a few leaves at the top shading all of the rest of the plant
When you take off leaves the branches/buds will soon fill the space again

Only need to use seaweed every couple of weeks
Yes, the feeble bits which are in total shade won't amount to anything worthwhile, so better to direct the energy to the main colas by cutting them off
Yes, you can take leaves off to let more light in, just don't overdo it
Usually it's just a few leaves at the top shading all of the rest of the plant
When you take off leaves the branches/buds will soon fill the space again
OK thanks Roy 😊 I've cut the 2 fan leaves of where I topped it before is that OK? If not to late now lol but it's let in more light. Eveything has good light and even at the bottom

20231204_052504.jpg

20231204_052509.jpg

20231204_052515.jpg

Yep - looking good :cool:
Thanks Roy :) so what temp should I keep her at now and what humidity levels also how far away should I have the light now as I've only move in up like 4inch since seedling bearing in mind I only have a 200w ufo shitty £20 light but is full spectrum.. my average temps are around 23 to 25. humidity is roughly around 50-60% on average for both. Should I look at changing or keep how is?

Thanks Roy :) so what temp should I keep her at now and what humidity levels also how far away should I have the light now as I've only move in up like 4inch since seedling bearing in mind I only have a 200w ufo shitty £20 light but is full spectrum.. my average temps are around 23 to 25. humidity is roughly around 50-60% on average for both. Should I look at changing or keep how is?
Plant looks perfectly happy so there is no need to change anything right now
If it was too hot and dry, you would likely see the serrated edges of the leaves beginning to curl up
A pic of your whole setup showing lamp, fans etc would be handy just to get an idea of size, space etc

Plant looks perfectly happy so there is no need to change anything right now
If it was too hot and dry, you would likely see the serrated edges of the leaves beginning to curl up
A pic of your whole setup showing lamp, fans etc would be handy just to get an idea of size, space etc
Hi Roy she's not pretty inside but it works... also if this plant dosent grow to big il try squeeze 2 in there next time but that all depending on how this one gets on

20231204_160907.jpg

She is 2 and a half foot wide
I see - yes raise the lamp up 2"- 4" to encourage a bit more spread/stretch

Think I'd move the fan on the right a bit lower too so air is circulating underside of the leaves; also CO2 is heavier than air so it will tend to accumulate at ground level in a bedroom/closet and you want to stir it up
Doesn't need to be full blast, just bit of movement

I see - yes raise the lamp up 2"- 4" to encourage a bit more spread/stretch

Think I'd move the fan on the right a bit lower too so air is circulating underside of the leaves; also CO2 is heavier than air so it will tend to accumulate at ground level in a bedroom/closet and you want to stir it up
Doesn't need to be full blast, just bit of movement
I've dropped the fan and raised the light is that OK? Or should I drop the fan even lower? The fan up the top in the left and corner I'm not even using it at the moment. Now I've dropped the fan the leaves are really blowing is that OK?

20231204_170523.jpg

Your fan must be more powerful than mine lol
Quite right, shouldn't be blowing a gale on the leaves so move it around until you just have a gentle breeze
If all else fails, move it back up, but maybe try pointing down to the floor?

Your fan must be more powerful than mine lol
Quite right, shouldn't be blowing a gale on the leaves so move it around until you just have a gentle breeze
If all else fails, move it back up, but maybe try pointing down to the floor?
There a quick video on the fan hitting the leaves is that to much? I might try the fan on the floor or if that don't work il put her back where she was

There a quick video on the fan hitting the leaves is that to much? I might try the fan on the floor or if that don't work il put her back where she was
I prefer to have it down low because the warmth of the lamp will always draw air upwards, so it creates a circulation by drawing fresh air up through the canopy

Only needs a draught on the leaves; if it blows out a lighter, that's probably too much, if there's no effect that's not enough; if the flame just flickers, that's about right [rough guide I just made up lol]

I prefer to have it down low because the warmth of the lamp will always draw air upwards, so it creates a circulation by drawing fresh air up through the canopy

Only needs a draught on the leaves; if it blows out a lighter, that's probably too much, if there's no effect that's not enough; if the flame just flickers, that's about right [rough guide I just made up lol]
OK thanks Roy that was a good guide I appreciate that. I've put the fan to the floor and it's has a gentle breeze to one side of the plan is that OK the other side isn't getting much have to much honest but is that OK?

20231204_180238.jpg

OK thanks Roy that was a good guide I appreciate that. I've put the fan to the floor and it's has a gentle breeze to one side of the plan is that OK the other side isn't getting much have to much honest but is that OK?
Yeah, should be fine, just keep an eye on temp/RH see if anything changes dramatically

Sure, no point wasting energy growing a bud in shade
More energy will go to the upper buds
If necessary, use ties to pull any branches into position or to spread them out slightly

Back
Top Bottom