Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

OUTDOORS IS GROWING. IT'S FISH & SEAWEED FERTILIZER DAY UPDATE!

Hi all, they had some Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed for breakfast and I just looked a minute ago. They're loving it!

Apple Betty's getting lanky! She's had a foliar of botanical added to her root drench of Beauveria bassiana. Should be good for 4 weeks to another foliar. No major bugs yet. Same for Runtz Muffin

Apple Betty

The Runt Runtz Muffin

Ahhhh!
Those plants look great! I hope mine start looking even half that healthy soon. :green_heart:

AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION UPDATE

Hey al! If you've been with all the SIP grows you've seen mention of small water sensing alarms I set up where I thought wet failure could happen.

Around 9 this morning Ms Otter asks what new equipment in the grow area beeps because it started beeping between the start of her shower and now. A bell went off in my head and I knew a flood was in my future! How much i didn't know! I jumped into my rubber birks and flew down to see! Nothing..........until I opened the tent where the alarm was screeching!

One auto waterer failed and filled the pots pan up and was now filling the tent floor where the alarm sat! Water off, a towel on the floor and a pump to empty the pan. Crisis averted! One bath towel(don't tell please) and maybe 2 gallons in the bucket.

I looked at the cup that sits in the tube to the rez and found a layer of micro life growing that covered the path to the unit above and causing failure. That's the theory I'm looking into and I'm sticking to it! :)

That let me set the fans to the floor and leave the tent open while I harvested.

HERBIES MANGO MOUSSE HARVEST UPDATE

HERBIES MANGO MOUSSE

Last moments. Day 67 from flip.
I never cleaned her burnt leaves off. There was always some green somewhere in them so I thought she was using them.

She cleaned up nicely.

887 grams wet. 7.8 ounces projected with 887 minus 10% divide by 28 divide by 4 as the formula.

All in all a great day! These buds are nice and sticky and the scissor hash has me taking all day to type this! Nice and indica feeling so far.
looks like a good haul congrates

One auto waterer failed and filled the pots pan up and was now filling the tent floor where the alarm sat! Water off, a towel on the floor and a pump to empty the pan. Crisis averted! One bath towel(don't tell please) and maybe 2 gallons in the bucket.

I looked at the cup that sits in the tube to the rez and found a layer of micro life growing that covered the path to the unit above and causing failure. That's the theory I'm looking into and I'm sticking to it! :)
That kind of a one off flukey thing or more a maintenence item to be regularly scheduled?

Congrats Stone🥰👊. Another quality half pound in your humidor😎
I tried a fast dry nut last week and she's going to be nice!
Those plants look great! I hope mine start looking even half that healthy soon. :green_heart:
Thanks! Maybe if your weather stops hammering them!
looks like a good haul congrates
Thanks con!
That kind of a one off flukey thing or more a maintenence item to be regularly scheduled?
First I have to see if clearing it has it working. If it is then I think a r&r once a month to inspect the inner cup for growth is in order. Water doesn't flow in the cup. It only senses pressure and sends that pressure to the magic gizmo up top turning the water on and off.

My guess is it covered the hole, the plant drank the water sucking the cover back turning it on full. Why it didn't reset when full I don't know. My theory might be all BS. We'll see.

I tried a fast dry nut last week and she's going to be nice!

Thanks! Maybe if your weather stops hammering them!

Thanks con!

First I have to see if clearing it has it working. If it is then I think a r&r once a month to inspect the inner cup for growth is in order. Water doesn't flow in the cup. It only senses pressure and sends that pressure to the magic gizmo up top turning the water on and off.

My guess is it covered the hole, the plant drank the water sucking the cover back turning it on full. Why it didn't reset when full I don't know. My theory might be all BS. We'll see.
Evil plants.... Does anyone REALLY know what they do when the lights go out? Shenanigans apparently 🤣

Congrats on the Harvest, Stone👍
Keeping the jars full- half a pound at a time!

Those outdoor girls are looking perfect!
No major bugs yet. Same for Runtz Muffin
One of my outside girls is covered with bugs!..fortunately, they're all spiders...there must be 50 spiders on the Critical Kush, yet not a single one on the Somango...🤔

I don't mind spiders- those little carnivores are always welcome here🕷️

Congrats on the Harvest, Stone👍
Keeping the jars full- half a pound at a time!

Those outdoor girls are looking perfect!

One of my outside girls is covered with bugs!..fortunately, they're all spiders...there must be 50 spiders on the Critical Kush, yet not a single one on the Somango...🤔

I don't mind spiders- those little carnivores are always welcome here🕷️
Spiders is a good and creepy one to have! I must be coming to the time mites want to infest. So far the bassamacallit seems to have all bugs but a few chews in check. Japanese beetles are around.
I'm glad someone in your house has good ears and that the alarm actually worked! Congrats on the harvest and the excellent cleanup job on those flowers, and it looks like you took them with about an inch of green to spare...well-timed. :thumb:

Isn't the washer and dryer down there? Into the machine it goes and no one is the wiser. 🙈
Hehe, it isn't me! I couldn't hear it until I opened the downstairs door to the area. In a perfect setup I'd design a circuit that senses wet and shuts off the water feed! I wonder if someone already did that? Hmmm. What if we were out for a few days, a main reason to run an auto water SIP!

Hehe, it isn't me! I couldn't hear it until I opened the downstairs door to the area. In a perfect setup I'd design a circuit that senses wet and shuts off the water feed! I wonder if someone already did that? Hmmm. What if we were out for a few days, a main reason to run an auto water SIP!
Or maybe find a sensor with an app for your phone?

Highya SO,

Wow!! Great call on the water flood sensor!! So glad your wife's hearing is still better than yours, and mine! Floods are the worst! So glad you was back to normal in short order!!
As for the Mango Mousse - Can't get a better recommendation than getting fun stoned on a tester. Yeah, what will it be like with the cure?!? The shake (shag) leaves dying didn't seem to affect the bud quality. What a blessing! I've never seen that before. I hope I never see it again!! Happy Smokin'

Or maybe find a sensor with an app for your phone?
I found a wet sensor that has a solenoid shutoff when it senses wet for 23 bucks! When I get it I'll show you!
Nice Looking harvest Otter those buds look blue/green in the pic of the plant , Good weight too !
Thanks Smoke! Funny how under all that crispy canopy they grew well!
Highya SO,

Wow!! Great call on the water flood sensor!! So glad your wife's hearing is still better than yours, and mine! Floods are the worst! So glad you was back to normal in short order!!
As for the Mango Mousse - Can't get a better recommendation than getting fun stoned on a tester. Yeah, what will it be like with the cure?!? The shake (shag) leaves dying didn't seem to affect the bud quality. What a blessing! I've never seen that before. I hope I never see it again!! Happy Smokin'
Hehe! I hope I don't see it again too! We caught the problem just in time for those leaves to just barely still be productive to the end!
She notices everything! Believe me! :love:
Glad you had the sensor to warn you. Sorry you had to get a warning though. Happy Friday. Hope your weekend is good. 😎✌️
Thanks Scotty! Weekend mode on! :cool:
Gosh, good catch Mrs Otter!

Congrats on the latest haul!
Thanks Carmen! She'll be happy to get kudos for her attentiveness! I think she's going to like the Mango Mousse too!

Back
Top Bottom