Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

Congrats on that gnarly light Otter! Individual plant light-control is the way of the future. šŸš€
Mine anyway! Half way there!
Speaking of the future. When I worked for GE they created a whole separate plant and called it The Factory of the Future. In it they worked on automation in manufacturing and different work schedules than anyone had seen before. Like 3 on 2 off 4 on 4 off etc to make a week. They worked less time and logged more hours with overtime with it. Well apparently it worked. The plant was shut down and we weren't told where it went! People got absorbed so no layoffs, that's good but from then on less people actually were needed to do work maybe here in the US. It happened right around the time manufacturing went elsewhere. Your rocket ship triggered that memory. We made jet engine parts. Hehe, I still like the future of things, we have to progress! I do believe we may should try to keep work here when we can today though. People here need work for their hands! šŸ‘

Killer light man!! Happy Friday!!! I just got one of these myself. Can't wait to put it to use!! Those lenses are badass!!! The user manual was great too. Very well built imo. Have fun blowing up your grow area with this one!!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒļø

17189966284815196535417858187729.jpg

Killer light man!! Happy Friday!!! I just got one of these myself. Can't wait to put it to use!! Those lenses are badass!!! The user manual was great too. Very well built imo. Have fun blowing up your grow area with this one!!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒļø

17189966284815196535417858187729.jpg
Alright! Have fun with it Scott! I have another one and it's a real workhorse! It's everything the manual says ! Vipar did a good job figuring the light maps out!

Alright! Have fun with it Scott! I have another one and it's a real workhorse! It's everything the manual says ! Vipar did a good job figuring the light maps out!
I totally agree. Rock on!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒļøšŸŽ¶

Speaking of the future. When I worked for GE they created a whole separate plant and called it The Factory of the Future. In it they worked on automation in manufacturing and different work schedules than anyone had seen before. Like 3 on 2 off 4 on 4 off etc to make a week. They worked less time and logged more hours with overtime with it. Well apparently it worked. The plant was shut down and we weren't told where it went! People got absorbed so no layoffs, that's good but from then on less people actually were needed to do work maybe here in the US. It happened right around the time manufacturing went elsewhere. Your rocket ship triggered that memory. We made jet engine parts. Hehe, I still like the future of things, we have to progress! I do believe we may should try to keep work here when we can today though. People here need work for their hands!
Absolutely! I've told both my kids to look for jobs in fields that can't be replaced by AI, the new version of automation. Now if we could just push some of the innovation wealth downward that would be ideal, since it's obviously not trickling down. ;)

Absolutely! I've told both my kids to look for jobs in fields that can't be replaced by AI, the new version of automation. Now if we could just push some of the innovation wealth downward that would be ideal, since it's obviously not trickling down. ;)
You're correct! Another thing to overcome! I hope your kids are able to hear you! 10 years is a long time to think about what one has gotten themselves into as they pay off their student loans! I'm sure as chips off the ol block yours have chosen wisely.
Damn!! Thatā€™s a nice light!! Congrats again on your GJOTM!!!
Vipar is tops in my opinion! I'm psyched to put them up and grow! Thanks!

Mine anyway! Half way there!
Speaking of the future. When I worked for GE they created a whole separate plant and called it The Factory of the Future. In it they worked on automation in manufacturing and different work schedules than anyone had seen before. Like 3 on 2 off 4 on 4 off etc to make a week. They worked less time and logged more hours with overtime with it. Well apparently it worked. The plant was shut down and we weren't told where it went! People got absorbed so no layoffs, that's good but from then on less people actually were needed to do work maybe here in the US. It happened right around the time manufacturing went elsewhere. Your rocket ship triggered that memory. We made jet engine parts. Hehe, I still like the future of things, we have to progress! I do believe we may should try to keep work here when we can today though. People here need work for their hands! šŸ‘
I tell Stone, im in manufacturing. I agree, Made in the USA is how it should be for the most part but we can't manufacture it all so farming some of it out to say some of the more Democratic countries is ok ,but I find the problem is the new generation. They all want to be tge boss or office work or not to work at all & most of the kids ive worked with in recent are LAZY and inexperienced but you get experience by doing it MUCH more helpful in gaining that experience. Like the Germans at my old job used to tell me,"Learn by doing!" That might mean a sore back by the end of the day or maybe getting dirty but IMO There's nothing wrong with that! The janitors job is just as important as the rest it just doesn't pay the same as a say ceo or account or lawyer or something but non the less,still important justy 2 cents on that!āœŒļø

I tell Stone, im in manufacturing. I agree, Made in the USA is how it should be for the most part but we can't manufacture it all so farming some of it out to say some of the more Democratic countries is ok ,but I find the problem is the new generation. They all want to be tge boss or office work or not to work at all & most of the kids ive worked with in recent are LAZY and inexperienced but you get experience by doing it MUCH more helpful in gaining that experience. Like the Germans at my old job used to tell me,"Learn by doing!" That might mean a sore back by the end of the day or maybe getting dirty but IMO There's nothing wrong with that! The janitors job is just as important as the rest it just doesn't pay the same as a say ceo or account or lawyer or something but non the less,still important justy 2 cents on that!āœŒļø
Manufacturing is a blessing and a curse. Lots of boring jobs for folks. We need those jobs, not all of us are rocket scientists! Hey back to the rocket :). You're right about work, we need to do some before we know what end od a tool to use! Our bodies conform to that! My hands, after a lifetime of using them look different than a musicians or an artist or businessperson! It's nature at her best!

I don't know what happened, weather the work went away and folks lost touch or what? Oh, the American Dream isn't a thing for many! That has a huge effect I think. Things got out of whack. My kids went to college and got a good education. They work in their fields of study and it breaks my heart to see how money poor they are from that. Yes they will be better off, but only after the loans are paid off and they can make something for themselves. They'll be mid-life then. Back to the dream. Why bust your ass for nothing? There has to be a payoff. Young people need to see a payoff to work for or why should they? We're back to needing work for them to do so they can dream! Real Dreams!

It's a good thing to be "in the world workplace". I think money made corporate America choose to do this to the country ala "stocks having a heartbeat". That messed things up IMO. Oh well nothing's perfect, let's hope and work to make things work for us common folks. It's not easy to make that balance. A change by all can be small and results be tall! Oh yeah, that's me in my rose colored glasses.
But enough. Let's talk out back if you haven't had enough by now :D. Let's grow some weed!

Highya SO,

Yeah, I have SIPs going. I haven't been able to grow cucumbers before, so I set 6 SIP planters in morning sun (ground is really crappy dirt) and they're doing great! I made another one last year (big) and have lettuce, and sweet peas growing in there this year. I'm using a kitty litter container (about 4 gallons) with 4in. drainage covered with weed blocker and a drain at 3" from bottom. I'll have a few more next year. They look a little trashy, but sure grow nice. Do you do SIPs outdoors? Ladies in the garden are doing great!! Topped them 2 weeks ago, and side branches are coming on strong. They've grown over a foor since being topped! Great season so far!! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Yeah, I have SIPs going. I haven't been able to grow cucumbers before, so I set 6 SIP planters in morning sun (ground is really crappy dirt) and they're doing great! I made another one last year (big) and have lettuce, and sweet peas growing in there this year. I'm using a kitty litter container (about 4 gallons) with 4in. drainage covered with weed blocker and a drain at 3" from bottom. I'll have a few more next year. They look a little trashy, but sure grow nice. Do you do SIPs outdoors? Ladies in the garden are doing great!! Topped them 2 weeks ago, and side branches are coming on strong. They've grown over a foor since being topped! Great season so far!! Happy Smokin'
That's cool! Cukes are so good from the garden! Put em with some tomatoes and there's a sandwich! My mom used to like them that way. Me too! Or plain skin and all like a banana. That's a Native American way to achieve a smooth move (diuretic).
I haven't upped my outdoor garden yet. Maybe next season I'll get a couple of SIP's going. Season is good this year! This time last year I don't think they saw direct sun yet! Good times! It's rainy today and overcast but we'll get over it.
Have a great day and give Julie a hug :ciao:.

OUTDOORS IS GROWING. IT'S FISH & SEAWEED FERTILIZER DAY UPDATE!

Hi all, they had some Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed for breakfast and I just looked a minute ago. They're loving it!

Apple Betty's getting lanky! She's had a foliar of botanical added to her root drench of Beauveria bassiana. Should be good for 4 weeks to another foliar. No major bugs yet. Same for Runtz Muffin

Apple Betty

The Runt Runtz Muffin

Ahhhh!

Highya SO,

Healthy looking ladies you have. A little lanky, but they'll fill in!! You haven't topped them yet? Apple Betty is looking great with 7 fingered leaves. I have yet to stake mine up. One lady is almost 6' tall already. So much for keeping them within reach!! I'll have to be more aggressive next year. The ladies are more aggressively growing with much nicer weather than last year! Hope you have a stellar harvest this year!! Happy Smokin'

Nice looking plants, Healthy looking šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ‘
Thanks sog!
They're loving the sun, and it's a good idea to have them staked with the wind you've been having, otherwise they'll look even more like a medical ad featuring curved vegetables!

I hope you're wearing a hat in this pic. šŸ‘½
full
Hehe, I tied one more level up on her after this pic. If I don't they grow at 60 degree angles here. Sun's low on the horizon until yesterday, then tomorrow it's going back the other way. Seems always low here.
That's my new farming hat! Straw and giant! Keeps sun off everything!
Highya SO,

Healthy looking ladies you have. A little lanky, but they'll fill in!! You haven't topped them yet? Apple Betty is looking great with 7 fingered leaves. I have yet to stake mine up. One lady is almost 6' tall already. So much for keeping them within reach!! I'll have to be more aggressive next year. The ladies are more aggressively growing with much nicer weather than last year! Hope you have a stellar harvest this year!! Happy Smokin'
No I haven't topped. I might but I don't know. This is a much better year for having sun than last! That Betty is lanky, maybe it's the sativa leaner. That would be fine by me!
Having a harvest day today! Mango Mousse is ripe!

AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION UPDATE

Hey al! If you've been with all the SIP grows you've seen mention of small water sensing alarms I set up where I thought wet failure could happen.

Around 9 this morning Ms Otter asks what new equipment in the grow area beeps because it started beeping between the start of her shower and now. A bell went off in my head and I knew a flood was in my future! How much i didn't know! I jumped into my rubber birks and flew down to see! Nothing..........until I opened the tent where the alarm was screeching!

One auto waterer failed and filled the pots pan up and was now filling the tent floor where the alarm sat! Water off, a towel on the floor and a pump to empty the pan. Crisis averted! One bath towel(don't tell please) and maybe 2 gallons in the bucket.

I looked at the cup that sits in the tube to the rez and found a layer of micro life growing that covered the path to the unit above and causing failure. That's the theory I'm looking into and I'm sticking to it! :)

That let me set the fans to the floor and leave the tent open while I harvested.

HERBIES MANGO MOUSSE HARVEST UPDATE

HERBIES MANGO MOUSSE

Last moments. Day 67 from flip.
I never cleaned her burnt leaves off. There was always some green somewhere in them so I thought she was using them.

She cleaned up nicely.

887 grams wet. 7.8 ounces projected with 887 minus 10% divide by 28 divide by 4 as the formula.

All in all a great day! These buds are nice and sticky and the scissor hash has me taking all day to type this! Nice and indica feeling so far.

All in all a great day!
I'll say! Averting the flood, harvesting gooey plants and typing slow on scissor hash! Great day indeed! :Rasta:

A bell went off in my head and I knew a flood was in my future!
Well, no. A bell was supposed to go off in your head but it didn't. It went off in Mrs.O's head. You're lucky she was there to hear the warning from the thingy that you installed to warn you!

Such a StonerOtter. šŸ˜

Back
Top Bottom