Herbie's Beans - Black Widow And Super Skunk

We don't have the sun and soil for veggies in the back (or I would have put the cannabis in the ground), and I'm not committing to a vegetable garden outside our living room window! There is a community garden at the back of the local middle school, so when I retire I may apply for a plot there. But that would be next summer's concept, :slide:
That's cool!

Do the cloth pots tend to need water more often than the plastic ones of the same size?
The grass roots fabric containers have a liner in them from about 1" from the top down to about 1 inch from the bottom but yes they do the plastic containers retain water way better i also tend to add a little extra compost (has quite a bit of clay) to aid in water retention as well as the bio char,i mix the char in the compost and let it sit for a week,shit i did all them containers 22 of them with 1 cf bag of compost and a 1/4 cf bag of char same as the tent last time i watered was like a week and a half ago! I added 3 gallons of compost per 20 gallons of soil out there

IMG20240729184508.jpg

The char also puts needed carbon in the soil plus its a - ion and the nuits like nitrogen and such are a + ion the results are the + is attracted to the- like a magnet for nutrients to absorb in the small pores of the char but the pours in the char are so small roots can't get in those so that's where mycrorhizial fungi comes into play to extract all the stored nuits in the char which in turn reduces nuit cost

The char also puts needed carbon in the soil plus its a - ion and the nuits like nitrogen and such are a + ion the results are the + is attracted to the- like a magnet for nutrients to absorb in the small pores of the char but the pours in the char are so small roots can't get in those so that's where mycrorhizial fungi comes into play to extract all the stored nuits in the char which in turn reduces nuit cost
The fungi is able to get inside the pours to retrieve stored water and nuits and that a huge cost savings imo anyways I see the difference

The fungi is able to get inside the pours to retrieve stored water and nuits and that a huge cost savings imo anyways I see the difference
The roots send out exudates to tell the fungi what to grab dor nuits. We all think we tell the plant what to do in reality the plants the boss 😂😂

@InTheShed im sorry i was backwards on the ions my friend .
B.O.B is produced specifically with the grower in mind with its capacity to improve soil structure and fertility, help with water retention and drainage and as a magnet for heavy metals and other water impurities. Major research centers and top institutions have confirmed the benefits of Biochar and our own research trials have shown an 8-9% increase in growth and yields using our KiS Biochar Soil vs our Water-Only Soil.

B.O.B has positively charged ions that attract fertilizers and nutrient minerals such as Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus. This attractiveness (called "cation exchange capacity" or CEC) keeps nutrients in the plant root zone, preventing them from leaching out with watering. CEC also helps make the nutrients bioavailable to the plants. Ultimately, with Black Owl Biochar in your soil, you need less fertilizer or compost for the same results. Along with your crops, you'll harvest savings in fertilizer costs, year after year. With a well-made Biochar in your soil, you will water less often and also save costs associated with both water and labor.

*Pyrolyzing means ‘decomposition with heat’ and is as simple as baking biomass in an oven in the absence of oxygen. Higher temperature pyrolysis produces Biochar with higher surface area, which helps to lock away harmful contaminates like heavy metals and sequesters carbon from the atmosphere. The baking process releases flammable gasses that provide heat energy- in essence producing an amazing soil amendment that stores stable carbon in the soil while producing clean, emissions-free energy for the Washington State energy grid.

Back
Top Bottom