Hempy SOG! Josh's 2nd Indoor Grow!

Thats to bad about the seeds but they are coming along nicely. I plan to do a hempy SOG after my outdoor grow is finished so Im keeping an eye on this for educational purposes. Im not sure what strain yet. Any advice?

Well, my opinions may be a bit biased because I prefer Indica or Indica dominant strains. Coincidentally, those are the ones that excel in SOG. In addition I'm restricted to around 5'-6" from the floor of my tent to the reflector raised to the max. Once again, Indica or Indica dominant is what you want. Other reasons for Indica include less lateral branching, perpentency to form one terminal cola, fast finishing, easy cloning. All these are essential to SOG grows.

For specific strains, a lot of that is towards your personal taste. If you're just starting out, I'd highly recommend a Northern Lights variety. They are easy to grow, little smell, tolerant to everything, great yields and potency, clones well, fast finisher. Everything a person wants. I've grown Delicious Seeds Northern Light Blue which is a Northern Lights/Blueberry hybrid. I would recommend this strain to anyone.

The main thing you don't want is a Sativa heavy, lanky, bushy, look at her funny and she dies kinda plant. Also, try to stay away from something that takes more than 9 weeks to flower, anything with Haze in the name. You want dense colas as quick as possible. There's a lot of O.G.s out there that are popular. Some are Sativa dominant while others are more Indica. A person can never go wrong, in my opinion, with a strong Kush.

You can go to current and closed Grow Journal sections on this forum. At the top of the page there's a "Search Tool" box. You can click on that, type in "SOG" or "Hempy SOG" and come up with a lot of very useful info, including documented strains.

Best of luck to you with your future endeavors. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We're all here to learn.

:420:

Well, my opinions may be a bit biased because I prefer Indica or Indica dominant strains. Coincidentally, those are the ones that excel in SOG. In addition I'm restricted to around 5'-6" from the floor of my tent to the reflector raised to the max. Once again, Indica or Indica dominant is what you want. Other reasons for Indica include less lateral branching, perpentency to form one terminal cola, fast finishing, easy cloning. All these are essential to SOG grows.

For specific strains, a lot of that is towards your personal taste. If you're just starting out, I'd highly recommend a Northern Lights variety. They are easy to grow, little smell, tolerant to everything, great yields and potency, clones well, fast finisher. Everything a person wants. I've grown Delicious Seeds Northern Light Blue which is a Northern Lights/Blueberry hybrid. I would recommend this strain to anyone.

The main thing you don't want is a Sativa heavy, lanky, bushy, look at her funny and she dies kinda plant. Also, try to stay away from something that takes more than 9 weeks to flower. You want dense colas as quick as possible.

You can go to current and closed Grow Journal sections on this forum. At the top of the page there's a "Search Tool" box. You can click on that, type in "SOG" or "Hempy SOG" and come up with a lot of very useful info, including documented strains.

Best of luck to you with your future endeavors. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We're all here to learn.

Thanks Josh. you already gave me some advice the other day on my NL #5s outdoor grow as I was concerned about the cooler temps in my corner of the world. So this is an issue too as the room will be somewhat cooler when lights are off. Also I would want a strain I can do indoor/outdoor with. Because of the temps I think I have to go Indica. I dont have much for height restrictions as I have an empty room I can have the ladies in with 8' ceilings but I only have a 400 watt MH/HPS so shorter is better Im thinking. Im not completely new to growing(its been a few years though) Ive done a few outdoor grows but this will be my first complete indoor. I do start my babies indoors because of the short season here though.

Ive been reading journals here for a couple months now until my eyes bleed. The knowledge shared here is exceptional and everyone seems to ban together to help our cause and help those in need. Ive been researching different strains but I prefer to get info straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I do like the looks of those NL blues you have. Again thanks for your reply and help and wish you the best with your grow.

Not sure where you live and don't want to know, but if it's already getting cold-that's another reason to look at a fast finishing, Indica dominant strain. Most NL strains are heavy on the Indica side so they will finish early. Northern Lights X Haze would be an exception.

I know research is tedious. I literally spend hrs everyday doing just that. So, two quick things to mention. Don't want to give you too many options, just think it's pertinent to mention. First, strains grown in Holland have been bred for years to be cold and wet resilient and finish early. There are a handful of indoor/outdoor suitable strains to look into. Second, look into some Hindu or Himalayan, even Afghan Kushes. These are pretty pure genetically, finish quick, and some of the most hardy plants on the planet.

My current grow is featuring, from what I understand, a pure Land Race Afghani Kush from world of seeds. I think I could spray it with round up, have Monsanto splice its genes into wheat, put it in the freezer for a month, then thaw it out under the broiler and it would still yield. A slight exaggeration I realize, but a very hardy plant that won't disappoint.

The guy that I learned the technique from grew, I believe, Cinderella 99. I'm not sure of the strains cold or mold resistance, though it is an indoor/outdoor strain. If memory serves, it finishes in around 9 1/2 weeks so it was never a personal consideration.

I try my best to not get censored from the 420 staff. I try my best to follow all the guidelines. Still, I'm not in good standing. Hoping this won't get me moderated because I really want you to succeed. So: do your bean purchases through our sponsor Herbies. They are the best. I vouch for them personally. You can scroll down to the bottom of the home page and find single seed sales. They break things up pretty well and have very good descriptions; at least when the breeders provide them.

I think it's from Nirvana, but there's a strain called Aurora Indica that may be right up your ally. I'd still look at the Delicious NLB. Such a pleasure to grow and partake.

:Namaste:

My girl's name is Afton. Her Nick-Name is Affie. I'm really liking DNA Genetics/Reserva Privada. Guys know their stuff. So, as a belated anniversary present, and because she just got her card, I thought it'd be a cool addition. Kind of "romantical" if you would.

Oh yeah, KingJohnC, your current journals are so large, it's hard to keep up. Much respect and always honored that you stop by. I've been streaming your vids through my tv because my computer lost it's sound driver. Very nice. Keep 'em green brother!!!

I don't mean to double post but I just found the blankety-blank hermie strain in my flowering tent. Bomb Seeds THC BOMB.

I chopped 'em all including the mother. 4 plants about 2 weeks from full maturity...Don't really care of the yield at this point because I consider it as a pathogen in my garden. But I think it'll be 1/4-1/2 dry. Smells great, just has visible male flowers.

Who knows, maybe a NLB X or HGK X would be stellar. My thing is that I don't want seeds unless I want seeds.

:wood:

Not sure where you live and don't want to know, but if it's already getting cold-that's another reason to look at a fast finishing, Indica dominant strain. Most NL strains are heavy on the Indica side so they will finish early. Northern Lights X Haze would be an exception.

I know research is tedious. I literally spend hrs everyday doing just that. So, two quick things to mention. Don't want to give you too many options, just think it's pertinent to mention. First, strains grown in Holland have been bred for years to be cold and wet resilient and finish early. There are a handful of indoor/outdoor suitable strains to look into. Second, look into some Hindu or Himalayan, even Afghan Kushes. These are pretty pure genetically, finish quick, and some of the most hardy plants on the planet.

My current grow is featuring, from what I understand, a pure Land Race Afghani Kush from world of seeds. I think I could spray it with round up, have Monsanto splice its genes into wheat, put it in the freezer for a month, then thaw it out under the broiler and it would still yield. A slight exaggeration I realize, but a very hardy plant that won't disappoint.

The guy that I learned the technique from grew, I believe, Cinderella 99. I'm not sure of the strains cold or mold resistance, though it is an indoor/outdoor strain. If memory serves, it finishes in around 9 1/2 weeks so it was never a personal consideration.

I try my best to not get censored from the 420 staff. I try my best to follow all the guidelines. Still, I'm not in good standing. Hoping this won't get me moderated because I really want you to succeed. So: do your bean purchases through our sponsor Herbies. They are the best. I vouch for them personally. You can scroll down to the bottom of the home page and find single seed sales. They break things up pretty well and have very good descriptions; at least when the breeders provide them.

I think it's from Nirvana, but there's a strain called Aurora Indica that may be right up your ally. I'd still look at the Delicious NLB. Such a pleasure to grow and partake.

I certainly dont want anyone to get moderated for trying to help. Youve sold me on the NLb I will try some and Ive been looking into several Kush strains to try. Im looking forward to seeing more pics of those ladies you have. Im off to check out KingJohncs LA Confidential grow.

I finished trimming up the THC Bombs. Not very happy to see the nanners. Scissor hash blew my mind. The smell is like if a skunk and a cat had a pissing match and then fell into kerosene. Kinda makes my stomach turn. Hope it mellows with a cure.

I checked out the other flowering gals. Yup, every one is pollinated. I'd kill them all if I had clones ready. Just going to start flushing them. Still may get a kick ass, hermie prone cross out of the ordeal.

The AK polyploid seems to be unfertilized. That thing may be sterile for all I know. She does have a very intoxicating aroma during mid/late flowering.

Mrs is home with the new camera. Think I forgot how to use it.

Former NLB mother in a HI (Red Neck) BRIX-5 gallon pot.

Copy_3_of_Picture_0411.jpg
Copy_3_of_Picture_0431.jpg
Copy_3_of_Picture_0421.jpg

Just a couple last pics of the poly AK. The other plants are HGK.

Picture_07121.jpg
Picture_07226.jpg
Copy_3_of_Picture_0381.jpg
Copy_3_of_Picture_0401.jpg

Copy_4_of_Picture_036.jpg
Picture_06723.jpg
Picture_06517.jpg

Yeah, my girl arrived home from holiday this evening, with legal card in hand.

I think things maybe looking up.

Been doing a lot of research as to new strains. I like a heavy Indica. So yeah ...I think I have my next bean order thought out. Any input from anyone is most welcome RIGHT NOW.

G Force-Flying Dutchmen
MK Ultra-TH Seeds
LA Affie-DNA Genetics
Royal Purple Kush-Emerald Triangle
Tangie-DNA Genetics
Burmese Kush-THSeeds

Another strain of current personal interest is TH Seed's Burmese Kush. I don't have the money to by squat at the moment, just like having a Christmas list.

The flowering gals are starting their flush. I'm glad that I don't see any more male flowers. At any rate, still trying to get this camera down.

Afgan Kush polyploid:

Picture_13313.jpg
Picture_13212.jpg
Picture_13111.jpg
Picture_13516.jpg

I'm well over 6', could palm a N.B.A. regulation basketball when I was in 5th grade. I tried to use my big ol hand as a size reference. I'll go back to using a BIC or a tape measure.

The other flowering plants are doing well. I was pushing the nute level previous. Still no EC or PPM meters nor RO water, so it takes a gentle hand. You'll notice in the following pics of the hydro plants have a but of leaf-tip burn. The larger plant in the blue 5 gallon bucket is the former NLB mother in soil. She was a week into root bound when I transplanted her. She still throws some leaves. I also burnt her a tad a week ago, hence the funky leaves.

Picture_13811.jpg

Picture_13313.jpg
Picture_13212.jpg
Picture_13111.jpg
Picture_13712.jpg
Picture_13516.jpg
Picture_13615.jpg
Picture_13912.jpg
Picture_13413.jpg
Picture_1309.jpg
Picture_12911.jpg

These last three were from the other night.

Picture_12812.jpg
Picture_12713.jpg
Picture_12612.jpg

I believe it was four nights ago I broke a smaller side branch off of a Holy Grail Kush. It wasn't my Super Cropping this time, I was just trying to water. At any rate, she's dry now. Yup, full of seeds. But wow, I finally have my own OG. Technically it's Desert Grow. The taste is right what I was hoping it would be. Clean, invigorating lemon is the main note with the fuel coming in on the exhale. My mouth is literally watering as I type this.

Wishing everyone a happy weekend.

Picture_08921.jpg

Looking awesome Josh. You're about to have mucho bud.I saw some Burmese Kush growing. Beautiful plant. I'm a sativa/indica man myself. I'm about to start some Pineapple Chunk and THC Bomb.
Good weed!

cajuncelt, I'm not a breeder, most likely because I don't have the space. I just want to mention to keep an eye on your THC Bombs. My personal opinion is that strain is not very homogeneous. Mine turned Hermie and fertilized the rest of my plants.

Granted, I had some issues with the last grow, mainly light leakage. But out of four strains that were flowering, THC Bomb was the stamin producer.

The product is decent. I just feel a little ripped off from THC Seed's product description. If yours produces blueberry looking nugs with red hairs, AKA Bomb Seed's THC Bomb pic, then more power to you.

I found that my plants finished around 45-50 days. I had to chop them prematurely because they were fertilizing the rest of my flowering tent. There's a very good smoke report on youtube that likens it to an O.G. strain. I thought that was a load of crap. Now I see where that statement came from. This is a super fuel smelling strain.

Overall, I'd Rate THC Bomb a 5 out of ten. Good taste, quick finishing, high producer...I'm just not sold on fly-by-night breeders. I'd much rather have a know strain with 40 year old genetics. These flash in the pan companies won't last.

I've never seen or partaken in BUKU, but for an approximate 40% Sativa that "says" will finish around 60 days +++O.G Kush in the mix, yeah...I want the opportunity to grow that.

Much love peeps.

Back
Top Bottom