Copy_2_of_Picture_1161.jpg
Copy_2_of_Picture_1151.jpg
Copy_2_of_Picture_1141.jpg
Picture_10715.jpg
Picture_10919.jpg
Copy_2_of_Picture_1121.jpg
Picture_10822.jpg
Copy_2_of_Picture_1131.jpg

I'm still alive, as are the plants. Been real busy with work.

While doing my rounds last night I saw, what appeared to be some sort of grey mold on the polyploid Afghan Kush.

Relaxed Lester, I believe reading some of your posts concerning bud rot. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't bud rot start from the inside-out? Telltale sign being fan leaves releasing?

What I saw didn't fit that description. This was fuzzy and gray looking, a little bit smaller in circumference than a U.S. dime. It seemed to just be sitting on top of a sugar leaf. I just wiped it off, the leaf even looked fine. Same with the larger leaves on the cola.

At any rate, today is the day 45. The Afghan Kushes are supposed to be 45-55 days. I'd like to leave them another week or so. If that polyploid molds up, and it's just the main cola I'm concerned with, I'll just cut the cola.

I'll see if I can get a decent pic or two later this evening.

:420:

Hey Josh Great to hear from you glad to hear all is goin OK. And you are correct, I have dealt with a lot of botrytis mold (grey mold)
that typically grows from the inside-out, since the moisture of the inner dense buds will promote its growth, and like you said the tell tale sign is when the accompanying fan leaf slides right out.

Mold starting on the outside (probably a different species) would be easier to see and hence deal with, but I hope it doesn't become a problem for you. Be Diligent :Namaste:

Thanks for the info brother. Yeah, this wasn't the typical mold that takes out entire crops. I guess it looked kinda like pocket fuzz or bellybutton lint.

I'd like to enter that girl in this months contest. I don't want her dying on me. I you said, I will be diligent. I'll check her tonight. Most of her is 50/50 amber. I want all of her to be at that point to 2/3rds amber. Should be great if she can hold on for a few more days.

The Holy Grail Kushes are simply amazing, in my opinion. Just dripping with sticky goodness. And man, that smell...almost hypnotic. I foresee a new carbon filter in the near future.

Well, I did the last defol tonight. It wasn't 100% but I was able to inspect everything. Good news-no mold or stamens found.

Even though these plants are seeded, it's going to be just fine for our personal medical needs. The Afghan Kushes will come down in 3-6 days, giant Northern Light Blue is around 10-15 days, and the Holy Grail Kushes are something like 17-25 days out.

I don't like guessing at finished weight, but I'm calling 6-7 zips from 6 plants. Could be more or less.

Back to work before 6 A.M. My next post will most likely be Wednesday. Who knows, the microscope may say, by that point, that the Afghans are done.

Have a great Sunday.

:420: :Namaste: :peace: :420:

Haha Im not gonna lie after a few drinks and bowls, Looking at them growing in those little desk trash can containers has got me laughing and gittty, in all seriousness, plants looking good man lots of loving meds in there, hope they can get you the pain relief you want, Cant wait for your next grow. When do you plan to chop these ladies? I think you said it was any day now, carry on brother!
Cheers!:cheer:

As always, pics don't give'em justice.

The "trash cans" are 3.75 gallons. They are passive hydroponic, I.E Hempy Pots.

Google it or whatever. These are an experimental run.

I'm thinking the next run will be with the 2 Liters. If I can pull 27 dry grams from an 89 day Sativa, in a recycled 2 Liter soda bottle, so be it.

The blue bucket is 5 gallons and my last NLB mother. Everyone seems to love that strain. I have one femmed bean to establish a new mother. Also, I have a stock pile of beans. NLB x A Train, NLB x THC Bomb, Holy Grail Kush x THC Bomb. Land Race Afghani and every possible hybrid from that possible Punnett Square

Things are looking up, personally. I'm looking at doing/investing/improving.

Hot damn, that Afghan Kush is awesome. Not everyone's instant favorite like the Northern Light Blue, but still very impressive.

I apologize for my lack attendance as of late. I have a great new day job and am instructing college classes at night. So, long days and short nights. Most likely I'll be having the same schedule until the end of next May. A person has to get the money when they can.

So, this journal is coming to an end in less than a week. I'm in the process of changing a few things up. The flowering tent is going to be void of life for a couple of weeks. Once things are back up and running I plan on starting a new journal.

Until then, here's some pics of my three Holy Grail Kushes. They've had a lot of "failed bending/supercropping-including snapping off an 8 inch cola two nights ago. They come down tomorrow. I'm still trimming that huge Northern Light Blue that was in soil.

Celery_015.jpg
Celery_016.jpg
Celery_0151.jpg
Celery_0161.jpg
Celery_017.jpg
Celery_018.jpg
Celery_019.jpg
Celery_020.jpg
Celery_021.jpg
Celery_022.jpg
Celery_023.jpg

Back