Hempy SOG! Josh's 2nd Indoor Grow!

A few pics of the veg tent. It's been about 1.5 weeks since I took the clones. 100 percent success. Next grow is going to be exclusively Holy Grail Kush...Another 1.5 weeks in the cloner is going to yield generous root systems. That point, in my opinion, is crucial. Weak clones make weak flowering gals.

Picture_10014.jpg
Picture_10116.jpg
Picture_10216.jpg
Picture_10318.jpg

Just a pic of the NLB. This has been jar cured for around 3 months or so. Candy sweet, fruity, kushy, on yer butt potency.

Picture_10419.jpg

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the next grow. I finally vocalized my thoughts and concerns with the Ms. We've decided to go back to the 2 Liter Hempy pots with no veg time. I'm going to run 10 at a time on a perpetual cycle.

I definitely think that the larger 3.5 gallon Hempys could work, I just don't have the time, space, nor financially able for much experimenting. I can fit six 2 Liters in the same area as one 3.5 gallon container. I think I've come quite a long way since the middle of last December when I started do this. I would like to keep progressing forward, not regress back.

I just feel, for me personally, I'm able to produce more per square foot, in a shorter amount of time, and using less nutrients and grow media.

It usually takes 2.5-3 weeks in my cloner until the roots the size I want. I'll just rotate in another ten clones every three weeks or so.

I just was hired for a part-time state job. My plan was to become the 2nd in command in my field at the local college this fall. I found out about a head of department position at a college around 100 miles away. I'm not in a position to relocate the entire household; just impossible. So, if I get this new job, I'm going to have to stop growing for a few months until I can afford to rent a house in the same area as the new job.

Hate to say it, but my girl can't handle a hydro setup, even a passive one. She's just too forgetful, lacks a green thumb, and is left handed. I'm confident that she could maintain the mothers. Throwing nute mixing is currently too much. The job doesn't start for almost a month so maybe I could train her. There is still a marginal chance that I'll get the job, but who knows.

So, at any rate, I have around 1 1/2 months or so of supply of my current and former nutrient brand. I will be switching to, on our sponsor JJ Bone's recommendation, Botanical's Kind line. I'm also going to use their Blast Off, Sweet (not sure which one, either the Raw or Citrus), Flower Power, and Clearex at the end.

I really like how Botanical's online nutrient calculators are set up. You can totally customize the components and red flag if you are going any one specific nutrient group. The thing that I don't like is that some individual mixes increase during the length of flowering while others decrease. Having plants spaced out at three week intervals, that's going to be difficult. My current brand, with my style of grow, goes full strength from the first day of flowering and never changes. I don't know, maybe I can find some sort of happy medium.

One more thing that impressed me with Botanical is how many company made videos these guys have on line. Seems like a very reputable and knowledgeable company. Well, the vegetable garden needs some working on.

:Namaste:

its always gtood to produce more per sq ft in little time and less medium im currently not growing and i am feeling the pain of having to get it else where but what can u do. hopefully you get the job man (sending good vibs ur way ) when i do start up again im going to try hempy sog with some ice bomb from bomb seeds love that strain ! cheers bro ttyl pce

t
I just feel, for me personally, I'm able to produce more per square foot, in a shorter amount of time, and using less nutrients and grow media.

It usually takes 2.5-3 weeks in my cloner until the roots the size I want. I'll just rotate in another ten clones every three weeks or so.

I just was hired for a part-time state job. My plan was to become the 2nd in command in my field at the local college this fall. I found out about a head of department position at a college around 100 miles away. I'm not in a position to relocate the entire household; just impossible. So, if I get this new job, I'm going to have to stop growing for a few months until I can afford to rent a house in the same area as the new job.

Hate to say it, but my girl can't handle a hydro setup, even a passive one. She's just too forgetful, lacks a green thumb, and is left handed. I'm confident that she could maintain the mothers. Throwing nute mixing is currently too much. The job doesn't start for almost a month so maybe I could train her. There is still a marginal chance that I'll get the job, but who knows.

So, at any rate, I have around 1 1/2 months or so of supply of my current and former nutrient brand. I will be switching to, on our sponsor JJ Bone's recommendation, Botanical's Kind line. I'm also going to use their Blast Off, Sweet (not sure which one, either the Raw or Citrus), Flower Power, and Clearex at the end.

I really like how Botanical's online nutrient calculators are set up. You can totally customize the components and red flag if you are going any one specific nutrient group. The thing that I don't like is that some individual mixes increase during the length of flowering while others decrease. Having plants spaced out at three week intervals, that's going to be difficult. My current brand, with my style of grow, goes full strength from the first day of flowering and never changes. I don't know, maybe I can find some sort of happy medium.

One more thing that impressed me with Botanical is how many company made videos these guys have on line. Seems like a very reputable and knowledgeable company. Well, the vegetable garden needs some working on.

:Namaste:
I just won a complete nute set of the Kind nutes. I'll use it on my next grow & see how it goes. I'm currently using GO's BioThrive.

Hey, congratulations cajuncelt!!!

I've watched all youtube vids concerning Botanical nutrient lines. The company has quite a few. There's also many independent product reviews for the companies base formulas along with the additives. Lots of additives. That post up there I forgot to mention Botanical's Karma. That's the only other one I'll try with the first grow trial.

Kind seems to be reasonably priced. Perfect Gardens offers a lower shipping rate than what I'm accustomed to. Possibly because I'm not too far from them. I just wish I could find a grow journal on here featuring it.

Best of luck. I'll try and keep up on your progress using the product. I'll definitely keep you posted once I implement it's use.

:thumb:

That's great that you won all that stuff. I'd love to win a contest on here. Been some great entries as of late.

So, here's some pics of two of My Holy Grail Kushs. These are the smallest plants in the flowering tent, the only ones without branches tied up. If you look close you'll notice a few snapped branch sites. These were when I was first attempting to bend and super crop. I'm sure they would look fuller if it weren't for my rough treatment.

Also, for some reason I was thinking I'd be due to chop the earliest strain this weekend. I got off a bit on the dates. From what I gather, these plants in the photos have another month. So they are off the flush and getting pushed hard. I think it's weird because I've been using my microscope for a few days now. I think these plants, all three strains, are at least two weeks ahead of schedule. I'm getting amber on all the plants, but starting to get heavy on the Afghani Kushes. They are the earliest finisher. Enjoy...

Picture_10618.jpg
Picture_10714.jpg
Picture_10821.jpg
Picture_10918.jpg
Picture_11018.jpg
Picture_11114.jpg
Picture_11213.jpg
Picture_11317.jpg
Picture_11417.jpg
Picture_11514.jpg

:420:

I'm still perplexed by my "celery" Afghan Kush. I have three clones off of the same mother plant. For some reason one clone, for better lack of flora mutations, is polyploid. She's tied up for support so I can't pull her out for better lighting for pics.

Keep in mind, all I've ever done to this plant is defoliate fan leaves. First pic is of the stalk. Weird...starts of skinny and then get thicker.

One pic shows my forearm cradling a side branch. Sub-par photos, same mutant plant:

Picture_08818.jpg
Picture_08922.jpg
Picture_09016.jpg
Picture_09116.jpg
Picture_09212.jpg
Picture_09314.jpg
Picture_10217.jpg

Just odd. That "cola" looks like the head of a poorly groomed pomeranian. Still, she's got 3 weeks or so to go. Call me crazy, but that's going to be my POM continuation for Sept. Depends on that 4 x 4 NLB former mother. She's dripping with trichs but is finishing up a little late.

:peace:

Man that mutant is a trip Josh... it looks like a fourth of july explosion instead of a cola, but it's cool looking... and frosty... I've had that landrace on my wishlist for a while, I'll be interested in the smoke report on it. :Namaste:

Thank you friends for your compliments.

She may be ugly, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that.

Ever seen that picture of the Pomeranian that is shaved to look like a lion? The cola looks similar.

Smells like cotton candy from the fair. Had more than one licensed grower examine her tonight. Freak of nature is the consensus.

:420:

Back
Top Bottom