Heavens Shores - Bill's 2022 Grow: Come Meet Howie! Show Us Your Grow Too - Bring A Pic

Wanna fly to California, to help me with some electrical work x'D
I can even touch my lights cause I'm afraid to open them up and get the Dimmer Version Model LMFAO. (ain't tryna do something wrong, and mess my lights up, I mean I know to unplug the lights while opening it, but I have this fear I'm gonna put it all back together and the whole thing just goes up in flames xD)
I'd love to.
I'll work all winter. :thumb:
Anything to get away from this weather.
Holy winter came in grumpy.
Here is Canadians for you.
Couple feet of snow minus 6 or so.
I'm in the grocery store and a gentleman comes in wearing shorts and flip-flops. 🥶
Not even Walmart. :rofl:
And a Winter jacket.
That was a choice, fek.
I haven't found my boots or jacket yet either so I should talk.
But flip flops come on.
Canadians are a touch crazy.
Every play hockey?
Do you have to take apart your light to dim it?
Get that room ready. ;)
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

You people are crazy, I already am sporting my Eddie Bauer Goose Down Parka. Next up I got to find my thermal shirts + long John’s. Chicago might not be Canada but it’s already colder today than I like.
We are a unique bunch. :thumb:
Some say we might be short some cheese on our crackers. :rofl:
You don't have it much warmer there.
Working outside in it isn't any fun.
Still have a few days left on the grow room.
Hopefully by the end of the month.
Where are those beans again? :nerd-with-glasses:
Soon.
Hope your feeling better. :high-five:
Take care,

Stay safe

We are a unique bunch. :thumb:
Some say we might be short some cheese on our crackers. :rofl:
You don't have it much warmer there.
Working outside in it isn't any fun.
Still have a few days left on the grow room.
Hopefully by the end of the month.
Where are those beans again? :nerd-with-glasses:
Soon.
Hope your feeling better. :high-five:
Take care,

Stay safe
Kind of reminds me when I lived in Florida and the Canadian tourist’s would be swimming in the Gulf of Mexico and we’re wearing our winter jackets.Smh CL🍀

14/2 BX is household wire, 14 Guage in a metal jacket.
I'll run it on top of the surface with clips.
Put plugs anywhere I want and move them easily if need be.
Stablock is a breakers used in Federal panels.
Considered the gold star of panels and breakers here.
Got a deal on the wire from my boiler guy.
Just have to get it done. :rofl:
Take care Amigo. :high-five:

Stay safe
Always got the links bill i like it. Hope your well my friend and wearing double socks lol take care.

Always got the links bill i like it. Hope your well my friend and wearing double socks lol take care.
Thanks Amigo.
Got a lot done today.
Take care. :high-five:

Stay safe

My father inlaw bought them for me for Christmas.
I haven't tried them yet.
But they work off 9v batteries.

Solar hat sounds good.
Howie said he would wear the hat. :thumb:
Dry wall today hopefully.
Howie is struggling with the ladder though. Hehe
Take care.

Stay safe
I’m going to have to get me some of those. From being frostbit my toes hurt when it’s cold. Fingers too but that’s another thing. CL🍀

I’m going to have to get me some of those. From being frostbit my toes hurt when it’s cold. Fingers too but that’s another thing. CL🍀
I finally found my winter boots and gloves.
Had to dig out yesterday before I could start work.
It's going to be so air tight I'll be able to heat it with a candle. :thumb:
I've got an extra layer of Roxul under the rooms aswell.
I framed it up for the insulation.
Need a floor heater though.
Have to get into the H Depot, get a tile warming kit.
Crunch time.
Hope your staying warm Amigo. :high-five:
Talk soon.

Stay safe

I'd love to.
I'll work all winter. :thumb:
Anything to get away from this weather.
Holy winter came in grumpy.
Here is Canadians for you.
Couple feet of snow minus 6 or so.
I'm in the grocery store and a gentleman comes in wearing shorts and flip-flops. 🥶
Not even Walmart. :rofl:
And a Winter jacket.
That was a choice, fek.
I haven't found my boots or jacket yet either so I should talk.
But flip flops come on.
Canadians are a touch crazy.
Every play hockey?
Do you have to take apart your light to dim it?
Get that room ready. ;)
Take care.

Stay safe
I had a reply, but I ended up super distracted and busy; I used to only wear shorts in winter as well, but I at least covered my feet, and the rest of my body adequately lol

Nope, never play Hockey, things don't get cold enough around here, and the only state I know who is into hockey would be Minnesota.

I don't take the lights apart to dim them, no they have a nob, and all that, but I guess this dimmer has phone line connectors, vs Ethernet Cable, so Mars needs me to get the version for them to verify why it won't work with Ac Infinity adapters.

Also, rooms are all ready, the only issue is we've been having work done on our house, they completely Zipper-Tapped, up our bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room, and they had to rip it all up cause there was water damage, and stuff, well when they ripped all that up we started getting bugs in our house, as there's a literal hole in our kitchen floor that goes all way to the dirt under the house.

Now they want to bomb for the bugs (They're roaches...we live in the city, so they're quite common, but we didn't have them before all that work being done...), the thing is I don't want that chemical on my tent, but I also don't want to have to go through all the zip-tying, and cable management, and all that again, just to have to put it right back up after it's all said and done, I'm really just worried about the carbon filter, and all that being damaged by these chemicals if there's anything y'all suggest.

Boric acid or diatomaceous earth. Cover everything with it and it will kill the roaches after they walk through it. Not instantaneous but does the trick.

If you want a non-toxic (to humans) roach spray, use 70%+ iso straight up.

Source: me, a NYC apartment dweller for 30 years.
My wife is set on using a "Bomb" instead of the gels, and stuff she deems "doesn't work". We have a huge bag of it, never knew it affected roaches too.

I finally found my winter boots and gloves.
Had to dig out yesterday before I could start work.
It's going to be so air tight I'll be able to heat it with a candle. :thumb:
I've got an extra layer of Roxul under the rooms aswell.
I framed it up for the insulation.
Need a floor heater though.
Have to get into the H Depot, get a tile warming kit.
Crunch time.
Hope your staying warm Amigo. :high-five:
Talk soon.

Stay safe
I wish I had your building/electrical skills Bill, awesome work you're doing.

Not bad, 60 degree F highs… mid 30’s at night. Nursery is kicking ass in the weather though with the heated floor at night.

Shame on the tops

I found runs with bigger plants end up with high chances of bud rot and mold..
Running an even canopy of smaller plants treats me well to deter mold in my situation.
I find it easier to deal with the plants and get them ventilation.. while still pulling a similar yield.
I’ll consider this piece of advice going forward.

I grow monsters too. I’m coming head first into my mould season. High temps and high humidity. That coupled with my need to nit treat and wash twice weekly adds to the danger of rot.

My plants end up huge because it seems to take them so long to gain cola sites coz they are focussed on the stretch. Mine refuse to stay low. I think the sun is to blame. They have to rise up to catch the sun as it moves, where a light alone, they can just sit still and bask in it.

I had a reply, but I ended up super distracted and busy; I used to only wear shorts in winter as well, but I at least covered my feet, and the rest of my body adequately lol

Nope, never play Hockey, things don't get cold enough around here, and the only state I know who is into hockey would be Minnesota.

I don't take the lights apart to dim them, no they have a nob, and all that, but I guess this dimmer has phone line connectors, vs Ethernet Cable, so Mars needs me to get the version for them to verify why it won't work with Ac Infinity adapters.

Also, rooms are all ready, the only issue is we've been having work done on our house, they completely Zipper-Tapped, up our bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room, and they had to rip it all up cause there was water damage, and stuff, well when they ripped all that up we started getting bugs in our house, as there's a literal hole in our kitchen floor that goes all way to the dirt under the house.

Now they want to bomb for the bugs (They're roaches...we live in the city, so they're quite common, but we didn't have them before all that work being done...), the thing is I don't want that chemical on my tent, but I also don't want to have to go through all the zip-tying, and cable management, and all that again, just to have to put it right back up after it's all said and done, I'm really just worried about the carbon filter, and all that being damaged by these chemicals if there's anything y'all suggest.
No experience with them or that chemical.
Shed has a suggestion.
Hope you get the light and everything sorted ok.
What do you mean they Zipper Tapped?
Sealed up?
Take care my friend, talk soon.

Stay safe

Boric acid or diatomaceous earth. Cover everything with it and it will kill the roaches after they walk through it. Not instantaneous but does the trick.

If you want a non-toxic (to humans) roach spray, use 70%+ iso straight up.

Source: me, a NYC apartment dweller for 30 years.
I knew you would have a suggestion, thanks Shed.
Tell me how did you go from a New York City Apartment for 30 years to growing in the sun out in Cali?
Couldn't travel much farther and still be in the US.
That's a long way to move.
But I'd do it if I could.
Unfortunately we don't have a tropical province with palm trees.
Better get those jars out of the sauna, close as I get.:rofl:
Take care.

Stay safe

I wish I had your building/electrical skills Bill, awesome work you're doing.
Thanks Stunger.:thanks:
Building things has always been very satisfying.
It's been something I've done since I was a kid helping my old man.
Eventually got into building custom homes.
Knowing you built someone's home really is wonderful.
Hopefully I'll have the grow room running within the next couple weeks.
Apple Betty her I come. :yahoo:
Hope everything is going well today my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe

I’ll consider this piece of advice going forward.

I grow monsters too. I’m coming head first into my mould season. High temps and high humidity. That coupled with my need to nit treat and wash twice weekly adds to the danger of rot.

My plants end up huge because it seems to take them so long to gain cola sites coz they are focussed on the stretch. Mine refuse to stay low. I think the sun is to blame. They have to rise up to catch the sun as it moves, where a light alone, they can just sit still and bask in it.
Hey T hope everything is going well.
You recover from your birthday yet?
I have read you were not happy about flowering.
One suggestion I might have is work on your root ball.
I noticed one you showed wasn't full in the pot after flowering.
I grow big healthy roots.
I get a wonderful plant as a reward.
You will have problems flowering out a monster with limited root structure.
Just a thought.
Thanks for dropping in take care. :ciao:

Stay safe

They play hockey in Wisconsin also. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom