Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Never heard of it....Canadian???
I don't think so.
1572702279234.png

Made by Nestle, or under their label.

I don't think so.
1572702279234.png

Made by Nestle, or under their label.
I looked it up and they had a hard version as well. Saw mention of Canada a few times.
Gonna make a regular batch to try it. This and the peppermint fudge from Magical Butter's site would be great holiday presents.

At least there would’ve been some popped seeds! Mine are still being shy.

Those candies sound bomb VG, let me know how it works out. I just saw MB sells chocolate ready to be infused. That sounds pretty great too!

Don't confuse me. We had ours last weekend. Maybe this is why I'm a year behind
Haha, sorry Prof! But did you change the car clock? Maybe it still applies? :laughtwo:

Stupid Ben Franklin. Lol
I thought there was supposed to be a vote this year to determine if we keep DST or not. We don't need it anymore. Our farmers have lighting.

I've never I've never understood the thing with the farmers anyway! They wake up with the sun regardless of what the clock says, don't they? Animals can't tell time.
I think it has to do with keeping the farmer on the same schedule as everyone else.
We got up before the rooster. 4:30 am year round.

I recall when US changed the date they changed the clocks back it had something to do with energy savings. So Canada had to follow suit.

Copied from an article found here that's been in my bookmarks for some reason. I guess now I know why.

According to some sources, DST saves energy. Studies done by the U.S. Department of Transportation in 1975 showed that Daylight Saving Time trims the entire country's electricity usage by a small but significant amount, about one percent each day, because less electricity is used for lighting and appliances. Similarly, in New Zealand, power companies have found that power usage decreases 3.5 percent when daylight saving starts. In the first week, peak evening consumption commonly drops around five percent.

The rationale behind the 1975 study of DST-related energy savings was that energy use and the demand for electricity for lighting homes is directly related to the times when people go to bed at night and rise in the morning. In the average home, 25 percent of electricity was used for lighting and small appliances, such as TVs and stereos. A good percentage of energy consumed by lighting and appliances occurred in the evening when families were home. By moving the clock ahead one hour, the amount of electricity consumed each day decreased.

highvoltage.jpg
In the summer, people who rose before the sun rises used more energy in the morning than if DST were not in effect. However, although 70 percent of Americans rose before 7:00 a.m., this waste of energy from having less sunlight in the morning was more than offset by the savings of energy that results from more sunlight in the evening.

In the winter, the afternoon Daylight Saving Time advantage is offset for many people and businesses by the morning's need for more lighting. In spring and fall, the advantage is generally less than one hour. So, the rationale was that Daylight Saving Time saves energy for lighting in all seasons of the year, but it saves least during the four darkest months of winter (November, December, January, and February), when the afternoon advantage is offset by the need for lighting because of late sunrise.

In addition, less electricity was thought to be used because people are home fewer hours during the "longer" days of spring and summer. Most people plan outdoor activities in the extra daylight hours. When people are not at home, they don't turn on the appliances and lights.

Although a 1976 report by the National Bureau of Standards disputed the 1975 U.S. Department of Transportation study, and found that DST-related energy savings were insignificant, the DOT study continued to influence decisions about Daylight Saving Time.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know of other reasons why they do it. The last paragraph is so political.

What's a "stereo"?
So the CRTC runs this commercial here, in B&W to represent something from the 50's or 60's. They talk about how they regulate different things and one word the guys says is the "Internet" then continues to read a couple of more words. Finally he stops and says "Wait, what's an Internet?"
Useless info but the mood said share it!

Then it's no wonder that every time I get to your journal in the morning I'm four pages behind!
I sleep in until 5:30 these days. I go to bed around 1:30.

Back
Top Bottom