Hazmat And The Magic Beans

No worries you took time away from your life and tutorials to come say hi.... I appreciate ya bill hope your having a fine morning.
Yes much better today thanks.
You take care of yourself my friend. :love:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

DAY 119 DAY 43 OF FLOWER.

Hi all wutz up....howz everyone doing today? I doing great I guess got a lot done at work and we have a much needed storm today and tomorrow bringing rain.....thank the godz...I've been having to water trees at work with a hose 🙄.

Ok onto the lady.... So it's been about 5 days since the terpinator aka potassium sulfate was added to the watering/feed regimen....and I'm not seeing any results of a fix 😑.... Actually quite the opposite....I'm getting more yellowing with crispy ends. Which isn't a huge deal as she has more than enough healthy green leaves to keep her going until dooms day 😆.

But other than the yellowing and crisping I have to say I'm impressed with her over all build.... Chunky nugz with a dazzling frost.... Speaking of it's becoming increasingly hard to take photos with flash as each of the nugz turn into just white blobs with the flash lol.... I guess I can't complain it just means she's frosting nicely :) .

Nothing else to report on....no pest ... No changes to grow environment....nada.

So with that I hope y'all have a great night and I appreciate you for stopping.

IMG_20220816_141609880.jpg

IMG_20220816_141655713.jpg

IMG_20220816_141650025.jpg

IMG_20220816_141627740.jpg

IMG_20220816_141618925.jpg

IMG_20220816_141823484.jpg

IMG_20220816_141752160.jpg

IMG_20220816_141735637.jpg

IMG_20220816_141730135.jpg

IMG_20220816_141802257.jpg

To further on the terpinator and the lack of effect.... Everywhere I read is telling me I should see results within 1-5 days.... And this is a statement across the board from the interwebz.... So this is why I'm starting to think it's not a potassium issue and that it is indeed something else 🤔.....what idk 🤷.... Am I gonna fret over it? No absolutely not 😂....she is close enough that it's not gonna break my heart to see yellow.....seems to be "my thing" towards the middle of flower.

Hi all wutz up....howz everyone doing today? I doing great I guess got a lot done at work and we have a much needed storm today and tomorrow bringing rain.....thank the godz...I've been having to water trees at work with a hose 🙄.

Ok onto the lady.... So it's been about 5 days since the terpinator aka potassium sulfate was added to the watering/feed regimen....and I'm not seeing any results of a fix 😑.... Actually quite the opposite....I'm getting more yellowing with crispy ends. Which isn't a huge deal as she has more than enough healthy green leaves to keep her going until dooms day 😆.

But other than the yellowing and crisping I have to say I'm impressed with her over all build.... Chunky nugz with a dazzling frost.... Speaking of it's becoming increasingly hard to take photos with flash as each of the nugz turn into just white blobs with the flash lol.... I guess I can't complain it just means she's frosting nicely :) .

Nothing else to report on....no pest ... No changes to grow environment....nada.

That’s one beautiful plant bro, very nice.

So sorry Hap I didn't realize you were having an issue. :Namaste:
Ok so you think it's a K issue?
Your getting yellowing? Or burnt tips?
Assuming full-strength nutrients at 6.3 and you add terpinator to remedy the issue?
On top of nutrients or a mix your using?
And I know I don't have to ask.:rofl:

Stay safe

To further on the terpinator and the lack of effect.... Everywhere I read is telling me I should see results within 1-5 days.... And this is a statement across the board from the interwebz.... So this is why I'm starting to think it's not a potassium issue and that it is indeed something else 🤔.....what idk 🤷.... Am I gonna fret over it? No absolutely not 😂....she is close enough that it's not gonna break my heart to see yellow.....seems to be "my thing" towards the middle of flower.
We going at this? or you just riding off into the sunset with that beautiful garden?:rofl:

Stay safe

Super frosty dazzle loving your work brother. You may be shy on phosphorus I think.. :green_heart:

So sorry Hap I didn't realize you were having an issue. :Namaste:
Ok so you think it's a K issue?
Your getting yellowing? Or burnt tips?
Assuming full-strength nutrients at 6.3 and you add terpinator to remedy the issue?
On top of nutrients or a mix your using?
And I know I don't have to ask.:rofl:

Stay safe
Same feed schedule of 1/3 cup geoflora bloom every 12-14 days and have added 15-20 ml of terpinator to the water(gallon) on top of feed.....and 2-3 day wet/dry cycle. Lights on 12/12 .... Humidity %40-%50 with temps between 27-28c/80-82f...

And I have only checked the pH of the run off once to be honest and that was back in dec when I bought a tester just to try it out....along with pH up and down.

All my grows are all by plant looks and by eyeing the situation and making adjustments after a bit of Google researching...no fancy meters or anything.

And no, you may ask anything bill 😂 I always appreciate your input.

Super frosty dazzle loving your work brother. You may be shy on phosphorus I think.. :green_heart:
I do have bone meal and did add some to the soil about a week ago....maybe I didn't add enough?

And thank you , im glad you enjoy

Same feed schedule of 1/3 cup geoflora bloom every 12-14 days and have added 15-20 ml of terpinator to the water(gallon) on top of feed.....and 2-3 day wet/dry cycle. Lights on 12/12 .... Humidity %40-%50 with temps between 27-28c/80-82f...

And I have only checked the pH of the run off once to be honest and that was back in dec when I bought a tester just to try it out....along with pH up and down.

All my grows are all by plant looks and by eyeing the situation and making adjustments after a bit of Google researching...no fancy meters or anything.

And no, you may ask anything bill 😂 I always appreciate your input.
What I meant when I said I don't have to ask was the dry cycle.
Everyone else I ask first.
But I never need to ask you. ;)
Ph going in?
Don't test ph coming out.
That's not what I meant.
As long as your getting runoff.

Stay safe

What I meant when I said I don't have to ask was the dry cycle.
Everyone else I ask first.
But I never need to ask you. ;)
Ph going in?
Don't test ph coming out.
That's not what I meant.
As long as your getting runoff.

Stay safe
Yes I always get run off and it usually fills 2/3 my catch tray under plant.

Ahhhh gotcha lol yea watering is never an issue....thanks again bill :high-five: .

And good point I am adding "pH" ups....but may I ask why is that an issue if I'm only adding the ones missing ? I'm still learning so I'm not sure how that all works. Next water *tomorrow at some point* I'm going to test the runoff and see where it actually is.... I should be between 5.8-6.3?

I do have bone meal and did add some to the soil about a week ago....maybe I didn't add enough?

And thank you , im glad you enjoy
No worries mate :cheesygrinsmiley: I have been where you are so many time googling and getting conflicting information. With the purple leaf edges, red stems and dark veins I would definitely consider adding more, it's one of the best sources of P there is apart from a bottle.

As for pH there is so many people who say don't adjust the pH of water/feed going into soil but I do. My feed has a pH of 5.4 before adjusting and after 6-6.4. Even on my water only days I ph. I have tried no pHing but ended up with problems down the way.

I try and get at least 20% run off when I water to get as much new oxygen in and flush out any build up.

I know your feeding Geoflora which looks like a great feed at 3.5.5 but even on there schedule they suggest using massive which is 1.2.3 plus the Terpinator which is 0.0.4. So more phosphorus and even more potassium.

I hope this is helpful only my thoughts written down sporadically :rofl: much love :green_heart:

No worries mate :cheesygrinsmiley: I have been where you are so many time googling and getting conflicting information. With the purple leaf edges, red stems and dark veins I would definitely consider adding more, it's one of the best sources of P there is apart from a bottle.

As for pH there is so many people who say don't adjust the pH of water/feed going into soil but I do. My feed has a pH of 5.4 before adjusting and after 6-6.4. Even on my water only days I ph. I have tried no pHing but ended up with problems down the way.

I try and get at least 20% run off when I water to get as much new oxygen in and flush out any build up.

I know your feeding Geoflora which looks like a great feed at 3.5.5 but even on there schedule they suggest using massive which is 1.2.3 plus the Terpinator which is 0.0.4. So more phosphorus and even more potassium.

I hope this is helpful only my thoughts written down sporadically :rofl: much love :green_heart:
Thank you gandalf, I'll grab massive and start it ASAP on my other girl who is in early flower still... This one by the time I get it...wait for a dry period to water it in...and then wait for improvement it'll be little if any difference by harvest......am I wrong for having this thought?

Or could I add more bone meal to the next feed? Cuz I do have that on hand. Regardless the answer I get what is needed to complete the feed schedule.

Yes I always get run off and it usually fills 2/3 my catch tray under plant.

Ahhhh gotcha lol yea watering is never an issue....thanks again bill :high-five: .

And good point I am adding "pH" ups....but may I ask why is that an issue if I'm only adding the ones missing ? I'm still learning so I'm not sure how that all works. Next water *tomorrow at some point* I'm going to test the runoff and see where it actually is.... I should be between 5.8-6.3?
Only add the ones that are missing?
Not sure of the question.
Set the pH going in at 6.3 I mean.
Hope your having a good morning Hap. :ciao:

Stay safe

Only add the ones that are missing?
Not sure of the question.
Set the pH going in at 6.3 I mean.
Hope your having a good morning Hap. :ciao:

Stay safe
Good morning bill, sorry half baked and half tired didn't make for a good explanation on my end.

But what I meant was: Does adding single nutrients like terpinator or bone meal really raise the pH that much even tho the plant is telling me that *blank* is missing? In my mind if nutrients are missing than the pH should be low in theory right and not excess?

I was under the impression (Google surfing) that terpinator itself is pH neutral and bone meal would only raise the soil pH over extended periods of use... I try to be as careful as I can and research to best of my abilities before taking any advice and applying things to my grows.

sorry for asking so many questions, but I just woke up and my brain is firing on all cylinders....pre baked 😏

Good morning bill, sorry half baked and half tired didn't make for a good explanation on my end.

But what I meant was: Does adding single nutrients like terpinator or bone meal really raise the pH that much even tho the plant is telling me that *blank* is missing? In my mind if nutrients are missing than the pH should be low in theory right and not excess?

I was under the impression (Google surfing) that terpinator itself is pH neutral and bone meal would only raise the soil pH over extended periods of use... I try to be as careful as I can and research to best of my abilities before taking any advice and applying things to my grows.

sorry for asking so many questions, but I just woke up and my brain is firing on all cylinders....pre baked 😏
If your ph is off ? Imo she won't pick-up all the available nutrients.
But I would think GF would take care of that.
But if your ph is naturally say 7.5 from the tap terpinator isn't going to adjust that back to range.
I know you have seen this chart but I'll post it anyway.
Also I know there is debate about pH,ing in soil.
I think if you start in the proper range you will get better results. IMO.

Screenshot_20220813-091359_Google.jpg

Stay safe

I know that it's common practice to use all the meters and what not to "dial in" a grow..... But so far I've had really good results for just going by the look of the plants... You know the way it was done way back in the day before all the tech got involved.

I just don't want to make this fun hobby of growing these beautiful plants another lesson in math and then stress out over slightly improper grow numbers and then end up chasing and fucking other things up like I've seen many members here do.....chasing a single defiency. 😔
If your ph is off ? Imo she won't pick-up all the available nutrients.
But I would think GF would take care of that.
But if your ph is naturally say 7.5 from the tap terpinator isn't going to adjust that back to range.
I know you have seen this chart but I'll post it anyway.
Also I know there is debate about pH,ing in soil.
I think if you start in the proper range you will get better results. IMO.

Screenshot_20220813-091359_Google.jpg

Stay safe
Thanks for the chart I have it now saved with the rest of my grow flow charts.

I normally would not check but Ill do it in a few minutes.... I know the meter I got is a cheapy but it should give me a close reading right?

But I'll check water pH and then run off pH and see where I'm at.... I appreciate you taking the time to help me....I don't ask often 😁

I know that it's common practice to use all the meters and what not to "dial in" a grow..... But so far I've had really good results for just going by the look of the plants... You know the way it was done way back in the day before all the tech got involved.

I just don't want to make this fun hobby of growing these beautiful plants another lesson in math and then stress out over slightly improper grow numbers and then end up chasing and fucking other things up like I've seen many members here do.....chasing a single defiency. 😔

Thanks for the chart I have it now saved with the rest of my grow flow charts.

I normally would not check but Ill do it in a few minutes.... I know the meter I got is a cheapy but it should give me a close reading right?

But I'll check water pH and then run off pH and see where I'm at.... I appreciate you taking the time to help me....I don't ask often 😁
I don't have a ph meter anymore.
Got to get one.
My coco girl's need 5.8, they aren't thrilled with their menue.
If we didn't need the extra stuff it would be great.
But every once and a while it's handy to get an idea where things stand.
But your looking at a great harvest soon enough. :thumb:

Stay safe

Ok from the tap my water is reading 7.02 which would be .04 over the high end of the suggested pH range for soil (6.8) and .02 over exact neutral.

IMG_20220817_072449542.jpg

Ok from the tap my water is reading 7.02 which would be .04 over the high end of the suggested pH range for soil (6.8) and .02 over exact neutral.

IMG_20220817_072449542.jpg
Touch high but soil theoretically will shift that into a usable range.
So doubtful that's causing any major problems.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom