Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

If you dont flush when you change to bloom nutes there should be enough residual nitrogen IMO. As Sun said giving N in the 1st 2 wks of bloom could effect bud growth.:peace::grinjoint:

Here's an article that probably makes both of us wrong. LOL

In Between Grow and Bloom: Using the Pre-Flowering Sub-Phase to Increase Your Harvest Frequency, Yield & Quality

Until I talked to a grand master grower who set me right, I did what most growers do when they switch their plants to 12 hour lighting to trigger bloom phase: one day I’d be using Grow fertilizer and 18-24 hours of light, and then the next day I switched to 12 hours of light and started using Bloom base nutrients fertilizer.

A few weeks into bloom phase I added a bloom booster to my base nutrients. When the flowers were ready, I harvested. That’s how many growers do it.

Lucky for me, I talked to a grand master grower who explained that your plants can give you much larger, and much more valuable harvests if you understand and take advantage of the many sub-phases that your crops go through under the generic umbrella of grow phase and bloom phase.

Today I want to focus with you on a phase most growers don’t know about. It occurs between grow phase and bloom phase and is often called “pre-flowering phase.” This particular article will detail nutrients during pre-flowering. Stay tuned to Rosebud for other important aspects of pre-flowering that will help you get your biggest yields ever.

My grand master friend says pre-flowering starts in the last week before you set your light timer to 12 hours and continues until your plants have set their flowers. This is usually 2-3 weeks after you set your lights to 12 hours; actual time varies depending on the strain you’re growing.

The first thing you do is use a half-strength cleansing/flushing formula in a flush program the day before shifting to 12 hour lighting. This removes excess nitrogen and other fertilizer salts left over from grow phase. You want a fresh palette for your roots so you can immediately install ideal bud-building ingredients into your plants.

After the flush, it’s time for you to create a special batch of pre-flowering nutrients. These include a multiple-chelated base nutrients formula designed specifically for your plants, a phosphorus-potassium formula that creates early floral development and multiple budding sites, a small amount of Vitamin B complexes, and an organic kelp product.

Run this through your plants for a couple of days at around 1000 ppm while monitoring your run-off water to see if it’s within your ideal pH and ppm range. As always, if you see a significant difference (more than 2 pH points or more than 500 ppm points) between your nutrients solution going in and your draining nutrient solution, you might want to troubleshoot that to figure out why.

As your plants get used to bloom nutrients and 12 hour lighting, give them less water than you did during grow phase, and especially make sure not to leave their root zone inordinately wet at lights out time.

Using this special pre-flowering formulation, you’ll notice faster development of budding sites, and more budding sites.

By the time you have early flowers that are beginning to fill in stem length to make solid, dense flowers, you are finished with your pre-flowering phase and you can transition to a peak flowering phase that features a different line-up of nutrients that are the ones most appropriate to the part of bloom phase during which your plants pack on the most quality and weight.

We’ll talk more about that in another article, but the good news is by handling pre-flowering nutrition the way grand master growers do, you’re guaranteed to increase your harvest size, crop maturation rates, and harvest quality.

Also note that hydroponics scientists have developed a bloom phase nutrients system and feed chart that standardizes mixing and formulations so you feed your plants sub-phase specific ingredients throughout bloom phase. This exciting system is slated to be available later this year, and it’ll to eliminate time, expense and hassle while improving your gardening rewards.

I guess I should have made it clear that I was speaking of hydro and not soil grows.If that makes a difference. And someone I know is testing this theory out as we speak so I can report back with the results.

Stay tuned to Rosebud for other important aspects of pre-flowering that will help you get your biggest yields ever.
[/B]

I knew I smelled a Canadian in that nute report of yours, ledtester. The logic and phrasing reminded me of Erik Biksa from Advanced Nutrients. It read just like he speaks in his videos. The reason I say this is because Advanced Nutrients owns and operates Rosebud magazine. It should be very interesting to see if that publication takes off over the next couple of years. Def has a niche market and fierce competition from the established hydroponics industry. Not to mention the feds...

I knew I smelled a Canadian in that nute report of yours, ledtester. The logic and phrasing reminded me of Erik Biksa from Advanced Nutrients. It read just like he speaks in his videos. The reason I say this is because Advanced Nutrients owns and operates Rosebud magazine. It should be very interesting to see if that publication takes off over the next couple of years. Def has a niche market and fierce competition from the established hydroponics industry. Not to mention the feds...

Your smelling and feeling but just not getting where you want to go...LMAO

the article I posted and your refering to is from Rosebud mag. don't think 420 would appreciate the link up.

The study I threaded was done by a grower from NorCal who clearly states his fav is Earth Juice Are they owned by your phrasing logic buddy at Advanced Nutrients.

Now I'm not sure how I feel about someone I barely know smelling me and feeling me like you are but if you continue I wil have to give you my rant about how
I AM CANADIAN!

Funny! :peace:

Your smelling and feeling but just not getting where you want to go...LMAO

the article I posted and your refering to is from Rosebud mag. don't think 420 would appreciate the link up.

The study I threaded was done by a grower from NorCal who clearly states his fav is Earth Juice Are they owned by your phrasing logic buddy at Advanced Nutrients.

Now I'm not sure how I feel about someone I barely know smelling me and feeling me like you are but if you continue I wil have to give you my rant about how
I AM CANADIAN!

I like how polite you Canadians are! :grinjoint: It's very disarming. Thanks for all the info you've added! :peace:

My grand master friend says pre-flowering starts in the last week before you set your light timer to 12 hours and continues until your plants have set their flowers. This is usually 2-3 weeks after you set your lights to 12 hours; actual time varies depending on the strain you're growing.

How does the plant know it's the last week before your going to change the lights to 12 hrs???:peace:

How does the plant know it's the last week before your going to change the lights to 12 hrs???:peace:

You have one of those long uncomfortable talks that every parent dreads.:bong:

No pics of the grow because I haven't noted any bud growth in the last few days.

Both groups of plants look essentially the same as on the last update.

Hopefully, it's the temporary stalled growth that others have reported and things will pick up again soon.

I checked trichs on several plants with a 40X loupe, and they averaged about 80-90% clear with a few cloudy, so they're definitely not done from that perspective.

It's been about a week now that bud growth has stalled, so if it's the 10-day phenomenon, things should pick up again shortly.

I apologize for the lack of pics, but I don't see any sense in showing everyone essentially the same pics over again. There has been a small amount of growth, especially in the HSS 2 sativa-leaning pheno, but not much.

Otherwise, the plants are healthy and doing OK.

If this stalling at this stage is common, I can see why a lot of growers get frustrated and switch lights.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on perspective, I don't have that option ;).

I'm not trippin' on it. The outcome and results are more important to me than the yield, even from a personal standpoint, and the grow will continue according to plan.

That's fine SS. I pretty much know how they're doing anyhow. Hey, but who knows, these leds might surprise us all. I need to build me a time machine, so I can zip into the future!!

well, if you do, pick me up first!

You have one of those long uncomfortable talks that every parent dreads.:bong:

;)

I usually leave a calendar with the date I plan to switch to 12/12 marked off. Then for a good 2 weeks I remind the plants, either verbally or in writing, that I'm going to change their photoperiod.

Usually, the plants are totally receptive and on board with my plans, but if I get any resistance I tell them they can't get married unless they flower, which has always worked.

Then, I continue to lie to them about getting married, right up until the day I chop 'em down. By then they're so old and senile they don't even know what's happening. Sometimes I can brainwash 'em so they are happy they're going to be harvested. That's what I try for.

:smokin: :hmmmm:

hey SS, I've always heard older plants produce stronger smoke. They're refering to mother plants that stick around for awhile, and why you should do that instead of just taking clippings off each new generation and not keeping a mother at all... But I wonder that since these plants of yours are going to take a long time to develop, maybe they'll have an increased amount of THC and cannabinoids...or whatever else makes 'em potent.

I usually leave a calendar with the date I plan to switch to 12/12 marked off. Then for a good 2 weeks I remind the plants, either verbally or in writing, that I'm going to change their photoperiod.

Usually, the plants are totally receptive and on board with my plans, but if I get any resistance I tell them they can't get married unless they flower, which has always worked.

Then, I continue to lie to them about getting married, right up until the day I chop 'em down. By then they're so old and senile they don't even know what's happening. Sometimes I can brainwash 'em so they are happy they're going to be harvested. That's what I try for.

:smokin: :hmmmm:

I think I'm in the rebellious teenage phase right now.

Maybe I'll threaten to take away their cell phones.

hey SS, I've always heard older plants produce stronger smoke. They're refering to mother plants that stick around for awhile, and why you should do that instead of just taking clippings off each new generation and not keeping a mother at all... But I wonder that since these plants of yours are going to take a long time to develop, maybe they'll have an increased amount of THC and cannabinoids...or whatever else makes 'em potent.

The buds look good far as trich production and stickiness, they just need to grow.

thanks BreakPoint ;)

Tried singing to them? And telling them you don't even like skinny chicks, fat chicks only!!!! The more meat the better...:ganjamon:.

:peace:

Interesting stuff on reporting yields:

YOR - About Weights and Yields

Makes a ton of sense to me because it eliminates the trimming and drying variable, which can vary so greatly from one grower to the next.

I tend to manicure my buds closely, and 25% of fresh wet weight has been close to actual dry weight for me.

Nice one Sun

I say we should start hacking them down with chainsaws and throwing them on a whale weight station! Then X by .000203642 and you got yer weight!!

SS What do you mean stall??? There's no stalling allowed!...LOL...I hate to warn you but they might be done like dinner size wise...keep us abreast brother!

When it comes to indoor growing, I'm not sure the author could make that statement. Outside is a different story since the sun works at its own speed giving the plant time to adjust at different rates. Also I have seen plants with buds almost formed on plants after a week of 12/12 not two or 3weeks.

When it comes to indoor growing, I'm not sure the author could make that statement. Outside is a different story since the sun works at its own speed giving the plant time to adjust at different rates. Also I have seen plants with buds almost formed on plants after a week of 12/12 not two or 3weeks.

You are totally right. I put a Bubblelicious out for one week and it had balls after that week. Blew me away.:ganjamon:

So if they almost form buds in 1 week rather than 2 or 3 you are saying that a rapid change from 18/6 or 20/4 to 12/12 makes the buds form quicker than a gradual change to 12/12. Would that not also apply to the nutes. ie Going straight from veg to bloom nutes without a gradual change would also make the buds form quicker.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom