Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

Hey Sun, you may have mentioned this but you do get to keep the lights right? Also, I forgot about the other 2 girls. The fact that you have those, grown under different lighting and still remain unbiased is a testament to your character. :welldone: :peace:

Sup Sun! How goes it my friend?

Looking swell up in here...still.

Hope your world is perfect!

-Go

Hey Sun
I found a nute study someone did. Here are some results of what was harvested with each.

Test 1 EarthJuice 0.75 gpw
Test 2 Marine based 0.67 gpw
Test 3 Earthjuice/Marine 0.69 gpw
Test 4 Foxfarm 0.71 gpw
Test 5 Advanced Nutreints 0.80 gpw
Test 6 Dynagro 0.67 gpw
Test 7 Bio-Canna 0.73 gpw
Test 8 General Organics 0.70 gpw

Lots of nuggets but since I use the DNF and only their bloom fortifier, I found this interesting I found additional Magnesium and Calcium made substantial improvements with bud growth generally and actually improved individual plant harvests when applied. This when feeding with chem nutes! Nice write up on Fox Farm.

Hey Sun
I found a nute study someone did. Here are some results of what was harvested with each.

Test 4 Foxfarm 0.71 gpw
Test 6 Dynagro 0.67 gpw

Lots of nuggets but since I use the DNF and only their bloom fortifier, I found this interesting I found additional Magnesium and Calcium made substantial improvements with bud growth generally and actually improved individual plant harvests when applied. This when feeding with chem nutes! Nice write up on Fox Farm.

I JUST read that "...Frequently, plants can process more calcium than is available. It also washes out of the leaves that are sprayed with water...."(p.253 of Jorges Bible, 5th addition.)

I JUST read that "...Frequently, plants can process more calcium than is available. It also washes out of the leaves that are sprayed with water...."(p.253 of Jorges Bible, 5th addition.)

I hadn't seen my buddy (who shall remain nameless) in awhile! I phoned him yesterday to try to catch up and he's freakin out about how he found some blessed water somewhere> Just making no sense. Anyways turns out he was helping someone else with their grow and these plants start shooting out of everywhere. Like they were topped many times only you could plainly see they weren't because there no sign of it and all the growth from the bottom and everywhere. I got to see it tonight. It's pretty amazing. No christmas trees at all. I have pics but this laptop at this place keeps rebooting everytime I plug the camera in. I'll have to try a stick tomorrow. I'm wondering how to get water tested to find out exactly what's in it.

I hadn't seen my buddy (who shall remain nameless) in awhile! I phoned him yesterday to try to catch up and he's freakin out about how he found some blessed water somewhere> Just making no sense. Anyways turns out he was helping someone else with their grow and these plants start shooting out of everywhere. Like they were topped many times only you could plainly see they weren't because there no sign of it and all the growth from the bottom and everywhere. I got to see it tonight. It's pretty amazing. No christmas trees at all. I have pics but this laptop at this place keeps rebooting everytime I plug the camera in. I'll have to try a stick tomorrow. I'm wondering how to get water tested to find out exactly what's in it.

I was born at night but it wasn't last night. I didn't believe this either:

"But more importantly, our comparison to HPS is based on expected yield, cycle time, and quality that these lights deliver." -HSS website.

I'm starting to think Irishboy was right when he said 300w LED panels should be the minimum. Well...maybe a 250w would work for 2 plants in a reflective environment.

Hey Sun

Test 4 Foxfarm 0.71 gpw
Test 6 Dynagro 0.67 gpw

Interesting, thanks for posting this.

what's DNF?

Hey Sun, you may have mentioned this but you do get to keep the lights right? Also, I forgot about the other 2 girls. The fact that you have those, grown under different lighting and still remain unbiased is a testament to your character. :welldone: :peace:

Haight Solid State donated their light free and clear, and HydroGrowLED provided their light for the grow and I will have the choice to return it at the end of the grow or buy it discounted by $100.

Thanks for the kind words 420warrior ;).

One thing I've learned is that having three grows going is almost three times the work of one ;).

It's been a blast though! :yahoo:

Sup Sun! How goes it my friend?

Looking swell up in here...still.

Hope your world is perfect!

-Go

Life is good man, not perfect but I'm still enjoying the ride.

thanks for asking and hope all is well with you and yours brother ;)

Hey SS,

I just posted this in my journal but I'm pretty sure that you may already know the answer .

According to the Fox Farm feeding schedule you water during the 3rd and 4th week of bloom with ...

Per Gallon ...
2 Tsp Grow Big
2 Tsp Tiger Bloom
1 Tbls Big Bloom
1/2 Tsp Beastie Bloomz

My questions are ..

Why ( Per FF ) Marijuana requires nitrogen for this 2 weeks of flowering but not the 2 weeks before ?

And

Since Grow Big has more Ammoniacal nitrogen than Nitrate and it is supposed to be used for Veg,
Wouldn't it be better to have more Nitrate nitrogen than Ammoniacal nitrogen since it is bloom ?

Thank you for any insight into this !
MJ420:peace:

Hi mary-juana420!

I would think the answer to your first question would be that in early bloom, the plants still have enough residual nitrogen in the soil and foliage to sustain their health. Also, in the first two weeks of bloom, giving additional nitrogen could slow down budding.

As far as nitrate vs ammoniacal nitrogen, they may specify that because it won't wash out as readily as nitrate nitrogen, and would therefore provide the plants with a longer lasting, slower-release form of nitrogen to carry them all the way through bloom, but I'm guessing.

Here's something on the different types of nitrogen and how they behave:

Ground up 10: What goes into a fertilizer.

Hi mary-juana420!

I would think the answer to your first question would be that in early bloom, the plants still have enough residual nitrogen in the soil and foliage to sustain their health. Also, in the first two weeks of bloom, giving nitrogen can slow down budding.

As far as nitrate vs ammoniacal nitrogen, they may specify that because it won't wash out as readily as nitrate nitrogen, and would therefore provide the plants with a longer lasting, slower-release form of nitrogen to carry them all the way through bloom, but I'm guessing.

Interesting stuff mate.:thanks: I've noticed that a lot of Aussie nutes use stuff that I'm told is prohibited in certain parts of the US. Prolly since 9/11.:peace:

Interesting stuff mate.:thanks: I've noticed that a lot of Aussie nutes use stuff that I'm told is prohibited in certain parts of the US. Prolly since 9/11.:peace:

A more likely explantion is a prohibition of importing non-native bacteria cultures or organic compounds of a non-food grade origin. Some of the import laws are rather complex.

A more likely explantion is a prohibition of importing non-native bacteria cultures or organic compounds of a non-food grade origin. Some of the import laws are rather complex.

It's weird. Your probably right but I know for sure there are a few goodies we use that are just FULLSTOP BANNED in the US.:peace:

Hi groover, thanks!

I wasn't aware of that discrepancy in being able to get certain nutes there vs here. I know that large nitrate purchases are watched much more carefully these days, but I didn't know it was regulated or prohibited in smaller amounts.

I know if you try to supplement too much nitrogen in bloom, it will fill your buds in with a bunch of vegetative leaf...

Hi mary-juana420!

I would think the answer to your first question would be that in early bloom, the plants still have enough residual nitrogen in the soil and foliage to sustain their health. Also, in the first two weeks of bloom, giving additional nitrogen could slow down budding.

When doing hydro with chems you're suppose to use your grow nutes instead of bloom for the first two weeks for the extra nitrogen.

When doing hydro with chems you're suppose to use your grow nutes instead of bloom for the first two weeks for the extra nitrogen.

If you dont flush when you change to bloom nutes there should be enough residual nitrogen IMO. As Sun said giving N in the 1st 2 wks of bloom could effect bud growth.:peace::grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom