Hacker's Back, New Place Same Old Story

Grannys was a local bred accident from a guy who had a male road kill skunk that pollinated a unknown sativa and he called it grannys balls....haha, it's a heavy racy giddy type of high then it mellows out but it's not something I would run again to be honest. Apart from the 3 strains I've kept to run with for summer I'll be adding another few to the tally as I have a cpl of redemption grows that I need to clear....haha

Brother hope you having a blessed evening, keep that fire lit and let the smoke blow true... :headbanger:

.. Ok, so one of my interviews was super quick... Not gonna be my thang... Unorganized " pro " grower with way too many plants in his little grow area... Plus he wanted to pay like 10.00 per hour cash, when he wanted me there on a day to day on call basis.. He had some pretty nice plants don't get me wrong, but it would always be a game of catch up.. He is looking for a part time menial job type person.. Not my bag, not afraid of it, but not for that little money... I make a LOT more, and have quite a few trimming and grow set up/maintenance gigs already..

..I really just need some Ho Hum job with a set schedule, and not much thought needed... Like IDK, Food Service jobs, or something like that... I am thinking this Morning Prep position at a local upscale eatery might just be what I need... That is a online interview, which I have really come to respect.. Long gone are the days when a man ( or woman ) could walk from one job and with a handshake be working another job.. Now EVERYONE wants Resumes and such, With cover sheet... For a PREP job, really... LMAO... What ever, just so long as I can get my 30 hours a week and a consistent schedule I will take it... Plus minimum wage up here is gonna be 12.00 per hour soon, so everyone who hires now is just paying that sum to avoid all the paper work later I guess..

.. As it turns out I have plenty of grants for school, and won't have to pay it back.. So long as I work 25 to 30 hours a week, and maintain at least 10 credit hours a semester... No Prob.. Most of my classes for the fall semester are online anyway, and I am not really looking to use the degree anyway.. Just need the knowledge, for personal growth in breeding and such.. Never hurts to have the degree, even if it is an online degree, under your belt for later job opportunities anyway I guess..

.. While I am waiting for the HR person to call I figured I would post some pics of the regulars that were transplanted/up potted this morning... So at this time I have 2 Mosca Specials, 2 Girl Scout Cookies, and 2 Mango Hazes.. I also, as I had said earlier on this thread, have a few stragglers from a super humid area to tend to till Late November... They all should be sexed by then, and BIG AS HELL... LOL ... Daddy Like.... Eh hmmm
.. Ok so first up I will do the Moscas... These little babies are like 12 days old, since they popped the soil anyway.. They are doing awesome, and have crazy root system development... Can't believe this, but I am actually trying to slow them down a little by keeping the LED s really close to them.. Like 3 to 4 inches max... This way they will fill in nice and sturdy, and not get lanky and tall.. They will, this I know.. But not now... LOL
20190715_062829_HDR.jpg

20190715_062909_HDR.jpg

20190715_063006_HDR.jpg

20190715_063103_HDR.jpg

20190715_063107_HDR.jpg

20190715_063123_HDR.jpg

20190715_063126_HDR.jpg

20190715_063225_HDR.jpg

.. I am not sure how to post more than 10 pics at a time without creating a link or something, maybe some one can help me with that.. SO for now I will just have to fill up my thread with multiple posts to fulfill an idea of daily or bi-daily updates... This is such an exciting and informative time though... Green days , I will just dump the rest of the photos in another post to follow shortly...

Round 2 :)

.. Up next GSCs, these were given to me by the BIL to start for his new Perpetual... Figures.. He does make a hell of a good Salisbury Steak though... Mmmmmm.
20190715_063316_HDR.jpg

20190715_063331_HDR.jpg

20190715_063348_HDR.jpg

20190715_063453_HDR.jpg

20190715_063528_HDR.jpg

20190715_063554_HDR.jpg

20190715_063700_HDR.jpg

...Next up is an unknown Female clone that is getting up potted... Think it is a Truth Band, but could be and OG Dead Head.. IDK... No label, My BIL go figure.... He is getting there, a lot more methodical and routine oriented now...

20190715_063730_HDR.jpg

20190715_063813_HDR.jpg

20190715_063913_HDR.jpg

... Green afternoon to all, be back later with the auto update...

This post has a dozen images in it. If that's what you are looking for, I can show you how.

I'm not a fan of long posts that I need to scroll through, so I came up with this. I find that if text is mixed in with the images, I often miss it. I've grouped four images, so they take roughly the same amount of space as a single image. Clicking on an image brings it up full size, just as if the images were posted in line. Mobil browsers, and MSIE don't render the page properly. It's the browser wars of the early '90s revisited.

not sure how brother Irie fared cold wise..
Been cold brother! Not as much rain as expected the last month or so, it seems the rain is delayed this year or some shit. The last week was sunny, but it's still cold and the evenings are piss cold. Summer can come now! Just hoping this delayed winter doesn't effect my predicted seed drop in September!
As far as Irie, anything is colder than Jamaica this time of year almost anywhere... LMAO...
:rofl::laugh::rofl::hippy::passitleft:keep it irie
I am not sure how to post more than 10 pics at a time without creating a link or something, maybe some one can help me with that..
I could be wrong, but if you upload your images to the members gallery, you should be able to add as many as you'd like to your posts.
Brother Hack good luck with the interviews! Looking great in the garden, looks like the transplant went smoothly.

Been cold brother! Not as much rain as expected the last month or so, it seems the rain is delayed this year or some shit. The last week was sunny, but it's still cold and the evenings are piss cold. Summer can come now! Just hoping this delayed winter doesn't effect my predicted seed drop in September!

We haven't had to be bad winter to be honest, had a cpl weeks where I'd say it was cold but other wise it's been sunny and in mid 20's most days but evenings are piss cold...haha
I'm dropping some seeds tonight which will start off in my box and moving outside at a later date, I'm figuring if I start them on 18/6- 16/8- 14/10 and coincide with Octobers daylight hours which will be about 12,5 hours of daylight they will hopefully not flower and carry on vegging, i don't know if it will work but I'll give it a bash what do you reckon brother and mr.Hacks sir sorry for hogging....

I'm figuring if I start them on 18/6- 16/8- 14/10 and coincide with Octobers daylight hours which will be about 12,5 hours of daylight they will hopefully not flower and carry on vegging
I think you'll be good doing that, especially if you gradually decrease the hours towards 12hours, if there's no massive change in the light schedule they should stay in veg. I'll be doing the same as you so we can chat it through and check how it goes. :headbanger::passitleft:

...So finally got off the video chat, which was unexpected, with HR person from before mentioned job.. Sounds really nice, and fun.. Kinda a Utility type job in that I will prep, then jump in and load and unload catering trucks for lunches, and food deliveries to the store.. NO DISHES that is a plus.. Consistent schedule with two days off in a row.. Also nice. Food allowances and obviously daily shift meals.. She told me that they are small enough to remember their employees, but big enough to pay them as well... Good Thing... LOL.. Ok so really quick here I want to post up some pics of the autos in their early era.. They are moving along quite nice, but I hope they pick up the pace.. They are described by most of the breeders that sell them as 70 days germ to finish.. We will see what happens when I get them under some 18/6 action, with a good Timber light.. Any who, here are some pics... Enjoy, peruse, evaluate, what ever .... Green days .. Fyi, I learned how to P-dub the shit outta my pics, on my phone... They should look somewhat better for an old phone...
20190715_072355_HDR.jpg

20190715_072404_HDR.jpg

20190715_072738_HDR.jpg

20190715_072746_HDR.jpg

I could be wrong, but if you upload your images to the members gallery, you should be able to add as many as you'd like to your posts.
... Yeah I hear ya on that, but we used to be able to have albums and such that were part of the gallery, but specific to each thread in a folder type fashion.. It is just a pain in the ass for those of us who have 10s of thousands of photos already in the gallery to find the pics we want.. Just easier to keep them in personal photo folders that way they are labeled, and part of my over all journal I keep in hand written composition for each and every day.... Thx for the info however... Green day bro, or night by now for you... LOL

This post has a dozen images in it. If that's what you are looking for, I can show you how.
Hey Salt, I would LOVE to learn how to do what you showed me.. Would make posting a lot easier for those who have many photos, or plants, or both... LMAO ...Please point me in the right direction to figure this one out... I load pictures from personal hard drive Photo album storage... Green day to ya bro, and to all

...Good Green Morning to all..... BIL has now given permission to release some photos of the " Top Secret " grow room.. Nothing really special, just a good old fashioned Light, Temperature, and RH controllable environment... In Progress... LMAO... Budget restrictions, IE my sister, has limited the finish till after we harvest in Late October.. Hmmmm. Glad I have my OWN money... LOL.. Anyway that being said we are turning his semi new shed into mostly a grow room.. The grow room measures 10 x 6 x 12.... Plenty big enough to put out a substantial amount of Cannabis... We have decided to cut back to only one Timber light right now, It is super bright, but also kinda hot.. We will be adding one more this fall, after harvest, with most of the LED panels providing only back up...
... At this point I would like to point out that anyone who is buying lights as an investment should always consider the ones that are obviously within your budget, but also try really hard to get ones that are adjustable in the light output department... So worth it...
...Here is the entry..

20190717_102750_HDR.jpg

20190717_102806_HDR.jpg

20190717_102836_HDR.jpg

... Here are some interior pics with temporary lighting, and All permanent lighting ran like a house, but behind plastic till we get an electrical service just for grow room area...

20190717_102814_HDR.jpg

20190717_102820_HDR.jpg

20190717_102846_HDR.jpg

20190717_102906_HDR.jpg

20190717_102912_HDR.jpg

20190717_102927_HDR.jpg

... This is just some basic pictures, We are in the process in the next few days of doing some finishing touches for dripping, semi permanent tables, and perhaps an outdoor to indoor water source... Gets tiring trying to water over 30 plants by hand.. Five gallon buckets are great outdoors, but indoors... ??? IDK, we will see what we can do... Green days to all, and please feel free to comment and or suggest anything that I might be missing... Keep in mind this will remain rustic in some fashions as we are only using it to flower all the plants, then all finish work will be done to seal it and make it a permanent perpetual.. Complete with it's own Panel Box, and 100 amp service among other things...

should always consider the ones that are obviously within your budget, but also try really hard to get ones that are adjustable in the light output department...

I'll second that opinion. You can drop the fixtures, and reduce the intensity rather than raising the fixture to do so. Get one with an external adjustment. Those with the adjustment inside the power supply, with a cover over it are set and forget. You'll save the extra cost in power over one or two grows.

Looks like some good space to grow in Hack.
Hope your'e having a sweet day! :passitleft:

Ok so today is the day of transition for the BIL's girls... Got all the lights in their temporary spots for the indoor reintegration from outdoors. Gonna take a week or so to have the girls get some artificial light for a few hours in the morning, and then again in the evening, while still being outdoors most of the day... A couple of the girls have started to pre bud, but not really too bad.. Hopefully they will stop once they are getting the 16.5 hours of light on a very consistent basis.. If they don't we are gonna just flip now, which will cause him to lose about 25 % of his total harvest weight.. Better to get some than none at all... He is gonna harvest in the mid 3 lbs anyway, so what's the difference.. At the end of next week they will be indoors totally till they are harvested out likely in late October/Early November.. So should be a long harvest this year, but profitable for me anyway.. Don't need cannabis folks, I need money.. LOL... Oh well.. .Green evening to all... .:rollit:

... Ok tonight I would like to talk just a little bit about the use of Neem oil solutions in regards to pests and such.. First off I would like to say that I have used Rosemary Herb plants as companion growers with my cannabis all my time growing.. Except last year outdoors...

... So first thing I have found about Neem over the years is that it is Most Definitely a pest deterrent... Once you have a pest problem it is too late for neem oil.. You will need to get your issues under control, then add a neem oil spray to you DAILY routine.. That being said it is incredible in it's ability to repel and deter a wide range of indoor and outdoor pests..

... I say all that to say this... I am simply amazed that the BIL's outdoor grow is significantly bug free.. Being new he doesn't understand a problem like that he has never had a bug problem in his short career of growing... This year I am making him do all the tedious daily routine stuff to get him used to the grind that is growing superb cannabis in a user and ecologically friendly manner.. They are now only a few days away from going into the grow room full time and they are not gonna carry much in.. Being a person who approaches most everything in my life in a scientific manner, I keep journals on almost every grow I have ever done.. Most of them are in note books, for the kids who are reading that is actually a piece of wire twisted that actually holds paper to write with your hand and pen, on paper.. LMAO OLD....

....Neem oil in your own favorite methods and recipes, and there are many, Is so user friendly.. You can even buy neem oil on line and local that is SO USER FRIENDLY is comes with mixture recipes, and something to measure with.. I make my own out of a plethora of available Rosemary plants at all times.. Everyone I know use rosemary, at least for cooking and we all grow our own gardens of veggies and herbs.. ( CANNABIS )

... Anyway the BIL hates the neem part, he has a ton of plants, way too many for his skill level in the consistent routine manner anyway.. Takes him a good half an hour to do them inside and out... I love watching him learn the hard way, he has such a shitty personality and demeanor that he is hard for people in general to like him much at all.. I am one of those many people, but I am no judge and for sure want everyone to have the joy that is the ability to raise your own cannabis..

... So in closing neem oil is a well tested, and consistent performer over the course of grows in pest determent.. Simple to use, and easy to find and make yourself for those DIY type folks... Get out there and use it, oh yeah and learn stuff... As with all things, research is wise, and find how this or any method will work for YOU in YOUR grow...
... Green days to all... Sup Fam....

Back
Top Bottom