Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Oh the roulette wheel that is autos. The Zkittlez from Nirvana is nowhere near their Original Glue. Not in size or consistency of phenotype. These are about the first plants I've had complain about full strength nutes too. Normally I'll go 150ppm N, but these done seem to want anymore than 80% of that.

Stubby, woody, little plants, but the ones furthest along look like they'll have chunky nugs. Smells pretty good too. A far cry from the missiles of the Original Glues.

Seeing a little tip burn on a second plant and they're still only getting the 8's. The most sensitive stomached girls I've had. They definitely don't like a strong feed.

I'll have to feed these in the AM. After 7 hours of yard work today I'm spent. I've noticed that the light in this tent seems to be becoming more yellow. Especially when compared to the @Mars Hydro FC 4800. After I took the picture I measured with the lux meter and it was much lower than expected. (27k lux). I dropped the light quite a bit to get it in the 55k lux range. This homemade Bridgelux 3500k fixture has served me well, but it has been running 20/4 nonstop for 4 years now. It may be coming to the end of it's life. I know Samsung gets all the press but I wouldn't sleep on BridgeLux. My best harvests to date have come via their chips. Maybe when I finish this grow I'll replace my homemade with a FC E 3000. I'll see how things pan out with the FC 4800 in my other thread. That thing is a BEAST but it's a tight fit in a 36x36. A little more wiggle room in the Mars 39x39.

Wow! Excellent return on investment. :)

About $400 into her and 4 years of service. She's produced WAY MORE than $100 worth of bud per year. The first grow with it was my personal best of 28.5oz in a 32"x32", so she paid for herself quick.

Was sitting in the tub washing today's stink off me, and was wondering if the lower light intensity had anything to do with the fact that these girls haven't been able to eat at the rate most of my girls tolerate. But then one would also think they'd be stretchy, which these stubby, woody, girls are not. Is that part just genetic, or is there no correlation? Some introspective bud would have me pondering that for hours.

wondering if the lower light intensity had anything to do with the fact that these girls haven't been able to eat at the rate most of my girls tolerate. But then one would also think they'd be stretchy, which these stubby, woody, girls are not. Is that part just genetic, or is there no correlation? Some introspective bud would have me pondering that for hours.
As long as you came out clean!

Was sitting in the tub washing today's stink off me, and was wondering if the lower light intensity had anything to do with the fact that these girls haven't been able to eat at the rate most of my girls tolerate. But then one would also think they'd be stretchy, which these stubby, woody, girls are not. Is that part just genetic, or is there no correlation? Some introspective bud would have me pondering that for hours.
Genes, environments potential factors? :cheesygrinsmiley:

How close to the tips the light is? I bet that biggest cola is sweating :laughtwo:

Looking pretty juicy.

The tallest cola is 6" away, but it's not directly in the center where it's most intense. The rest of the tent is 10-11". The light runs very cool. It's overbuilt with good heat sinks and the 300w is only about 80% of what the chips can handle.

Hate that! Good thing you have some babies to take care of...

They were fun for a while. Now that they're up, they are kinda boring too for a couple weeks. Then in a couple weeks I'll be bitching about all the maintenance. :rofl:

I still need to swap the fan and filter in this tent. I get a slight odor outside the house in the area where the fan vents. Nothing offensive but it's still there. Maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll get to that.

The front left is a little yellow up top. Most likely from the light intensity. If it were a N deficiency it would be yellow on the bottom, which it is not.

The back left is approaching harvest time. She seems a couple weeks ahead of her tent mates.

Back
Top Bottom