Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

I still haven't found any seeds in mine :(

I'm thinking about ordering some more of these to try on my next indoor run. I think doing autos will help my yield out since I rarely get photoperiods very much bigger than what an auto would before flowering anyway, and then I would be able to use way more light hours which would help compensate for my low light. Only thing is, so far, it's just not seeming that potent to me...

Fruit=Flies=Flies
:)
Once again you're on topic Blew. I've seen a fruit fly or 2 recently in the tent. Today I saw a half dozen. 4 weeks to finish max. Everybody in there seems well and I don't fear loss. However...I'm getting grossed out a little thinking that fruit flies might be multiplying in my buds. I just set up 4 traps with juice and some banana to catch em. I see you came up against them recently. Did you overcome? Fruit flies go figure. Not gnats.

When are you guys going to give this one up? Enough is enough Jack is dead LMAO. Really waiting for your guys next challenge though.

Huh? You no like the thread no more?

I'm still waiting to see everyone's harvest pics, or did I miss them? We should have a consolidated post with them all together.

Also has anyone noticed theirs drops a ton of kief? Anyway I feel like I haven't heard enough smoke reports for this thread to be over, probably because everyone is still curing.

I just read a bunch of this. Really you guys planted in Jan, and didn't harvest till July? I am doing my very first grow, and It's the same strain. How long will this really take. I thought it would be done in about two more months. Feeling a little disappointed.
Haha! I finished a group of them right as this group grow was starting... They grew forever as well. LoL

Mine's all gone. 7 months to grow what amounted to a 2 week supply. Ouuuch.

This stuff just never packed a punch for me, had to smoke tons of it to get high. I just found some shake out of some old jars to smoke until I can buy some more, and I feel like I haven't been high in weeks it got me so lit.

Really mind boggling because it looked much more potent with all the trichomes. Combine that with the yield, I think this is more of a hash plant than a strain for good smoking herb.

I don't know to chalk it up to my growing skills or genetics, but this was not even remotely in league with photoperiod Jack Herer. I'm guessing phenotypal expression might have some play in that, and I wonder if mine had too much ruderalis influence on the THC production. It's either that or I ruined it by growing it in backyard soil, but judging by the trichome content, I don't think that's the case. I'm just guessing, without benefit of an analysis, that mine probably came out with a high CBD content that lightened the effect of the THC content.

I suppose it's possible it would have got stronger with a cure, but I smoke all my stuff pretty much as soon as it's dried, and just can't remember anything that needed a cure that much to really unlock its potential. I don't think this stuff was ever gonna get much stronger.

Well, I'm grateful to have got to do this with you guys at least. I really enjoyed the comradery that comes with several members growing the same strain. I hope we can do it again sometime. I guess the question would be then, with what strain. I would really like to do something with a strain that was very stabilized and true breeding so we didn't have so much phenotypal variety. Maybe GDP? But a hybrid would be better.

I just read a bunch of this. Really you guys planted in Jan, and didn't harvest till July? I am doing my very first grow, and It's the same strain. How long will this really take. I thought it would be done in about two more months. Feeling a little disappointed.
There are a few auto strains that say they finish in 60 days, but I doubt they really do. My autos always take at least 2-3 weeks longer than the stated harvest time and my longest went around 110 days from sprout. If you want fast, get a quick flowering photo and veg it for three weeks!
This stuff just never packed a punch for me, had to smoke tons of it to get high. I just found some shake out of some old jars to smoke until I can buy some more, and I feel like I haven't been high in weeks it got me so lit.
Really mind boggling because it looked much more potent with all the trichomes. Combine that with the yield, I think this is more of a hash plant than a strain for good smoking herb.
I don't know to chalk it up to my growing skills or genetics, but this was not even remotely in league with photoperiod Jack Herer. I'm guessing phenotypal expression might have some play in that, and I wonder if mine had too much ruderalis influence on the THC production. It's either that or I ruined it by growing it in backyard soil, but judging by the trichome content, I don't think that's the case. I'm just guessing, without benefit of an analysis, that mine probably came out with a high CBD content that lightened the effect of the THC content.
I suppose it's possible it would have got stronger with a cure, but I smoke all my stuff pretty much as soon as it's dried, and just can't remember anything that needed a cure that much to really unlock its potential. I don't think this stuff was ever gonna get much stronger.
Well, I'm grateful to have got to do this with you guys at least. I really enjoyed the comradery that comes with several members growing the same strain. I hope we can do it again sometime. I guess the question would be then, with what strain. I would really like to do something with a strain that was very stabilized and true breeding so we didn't have so much phenotypal variety. Maybe GDP? But a hybrid would be better.
Not sure if your JHa was the same seedbank as Van's but he said his high was amazing. Between the ones that never popped or grew slowly or produced like yours or Van's, this seed may need a few more generations to get settled. I know for sure the Brooklyn Sunrise Autos we're growing in the comparative thread certainly do.

Don't despair...keep growing...there were many varied outcomes to this grow (mine never popped!) so yours could be one of the best...

:goodluck:

Mine was surprisingly good smoke
Strong and energetic

Good enough to possibly grow again or the Photo version
I gave some to a buddy and he shared with a co worker. He texted me and said his co worker still felt a bit stoned when he woke up! We love the smoke from the jack. Gonna try her cob a little later today!

I

I hope you guys do another grow soon. I would love to join you.

I

I hope you guys do another grow soon. I would love to join you.
Group grows are awesome. I was sad to miss this one. Still hung around for the results though. These guys had phenominal results.
:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom