Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

Would have never thought to try smoking a male. Did you get high?
Sorry for the late reply; been a BUSY hell of a week. It didn't get me real high, but the relaxation I got from the leaves suggest good CBD content.

What a hell of a time at work. I'm in charge of one hatchery and doing the waste treatment at another, and the whole day it's rushing back and forth between sites doing long days and long weeks.

But you know something? It's starting to seem to me that a lot of the problem with my depression had to do with boredom. I'm going nonstop up there with an increased workload and increased responsibilities and I'm right in my glory. I'm doing work on par now with my science degree, people are actually treating me a little better and when I ask for things now I get them. Instead of being told "this is the way I want it done", I'm being told "this is your place and you know what's best". I look forward to getting there in the morning.

Now if I can somehow swing a raise...

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, our hatchery is the best in the company this year. Of all the sites that sent salmon to saltwater, we had the lowest of mortality after transfer. WE'RE NUMBER ONE! WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

And I might as well do an update on my JHx while I'm at it. I defoliated the fan leaves last week and I may trim off the sucker buds today to get all the energy to the main colas. It's not even in the same order of magnitude as our top to two contenders here, but hey...

So I did a lollipop on the JHx a little while ago. I'm hoping this will give a few nice buds when she's done. I guess I should have asked if there's any time window that it should have been done in, but anyway... I'll get a pic up later

Glad to here your getting the recognition you deserve at work. Now for some recognition in your garden. That JH has been through hell but you've really put some time and effort into it and it's going to produce some really nice meds for ya once you get her to the finish line. Job well done flytier. Hope you continue on your path of beating the demon of depression. Keep your head held high.

What a hell of a time at work. I'm in charge of one hatchery and doing the waste treatment at another, and the whole day it's rushing back and forth between sites doing long days and long weeks.

But you know something? It's starting to seem to me that a lot of the problem with my depression had to do with boredom. I'm going nonstop up there with an increased workload and increased responsibilities and I'm right in my glory. I'm doing work on par now with my science degree, people are actually treating me a little better and when I ask for things now I get them. Instead of being told "this is the way I want it done", I'm being told "this is your place and you know what's best". I look forward to getting there in the morning.

THats funny Fly , I been so damn busy chasing my ass lately all i want to do is kick back with a big bud and cold beer LOL If your comfortable then more power to ya brother , i know the boredom thing can get you thinking some crazy shit sometime . My 19 yr old just got him a 1967 Galaxie 500 has had a lot of work done to it and needs some more Big Block sounds great !!

what field of science is your degree in ?

Sorry for the late reply; been a BUSY hell of a week. It didn't get me real high, but the relaxation I got from the leaves suggest good CBD content.
I just smoked a tester of Ms Stanks Harlequin yesterday......I really liked the feeling. Had a really nice release of tension from the neck and shoulder area, and an elevation in the mood and it a had a nice 'buzz' to it but it was completely different from the THC strains. I can certainly see why people like the CBD strains if you don't want to get high.

Makes me lean towards trying some of ACE seeds Lebanese strain. Supposed to be THC levels of 1-8% with CBD levels of 7-16%.

I just smoked a tester of Ms Stanks Harlequin yesterday......I really liked the feeling. Had a really nice release of tension from the neck and shoulder area, and an elevation in the mood and it a had a nice 'buzz' to it but it was completely different from the THC strains. I can certainly see why people like the CBD strains if you don't want to get high.

Makes me lean towards trying some of ACE seeds Lebanese strain. Supposed to be THC levels of 1-8% with CBD levels of 7-16%.
There's a cross for you. Harley and Lebanese: Lebaquinn? Harlequeze?

Good to hear brother. Like that saying goes, idle hands are the devils workshop. I am a firm believer that being satisfied with your work and staying busy goes a long way towards half a happy life. You just gotta have the home life to carry forward that positive vibe you are getting from work.

I miss that satisfaction from working. I loved the actual work that I did and loved the job. I worked really long hours and long work weeks....most weeks I worked, I would see upwards of 80 hours but the work never felt like 80 hours. It was always a two man team and we were generally on site for 5-7 days. We start around 7am and generally never stopped until the stomach growled. Most times we didn't finish up until 7pm or later. Wasn't uncommon on really long work weeks to hit close to 100 hours. I loved the feeling I got showing up on a site and an empty hospital room and leaving there a week later with a fully operational PET-CT or MRI or Cath Lab or any of the other imaging equipment. I didn't like the traveling that the job entailed, but I love the satisfaction of the actual work. But I am one of those odd people that loves to work and stay busy. Even now, I have to fight going outside and working in the garden cause I hate not staying busy.

Glad to here your getting the recognition you deserve at work. Now for some recognition in your garden. That JH has been through hell but you've really put some time and effort into it and it's going to produce some really nice meds for ya once you get her to the finish line. Job well done flytier. Hope you continue on your path of beating the demon of depression. Keep your head held high.
Thanks Derb, on both counts.

THats funny Fly , I been so damn busy chasing my ass lately all i want to do is kick back with a big bud and cold beer LOL If your comfortable then more power to ya brother , i know the boredom thing can get you thinking some crazy shit sometime . My 19 yr old just got him a 1967 Galaxie 500 has had a lot of work done to it and needs some more Big Block sounds great !!
All I want is to kick back with a big bud too, but I'll have to wait till payday in a week. An old Galaxie will make a nice project.

Hey, my plants are outside getting a good watering, and the rain hit four minutes after they said it would. That's an accurate prediction.

what field of science is your degree in ?
I have a B.Sc. in Environmental Science. And now I'm doing biology and chemistry up there and it's more like play than work.

Congrats on getting the recognition you deserve and finding a trigger for your depression fly! Life's progress :).

And congrats on the JHx as well. About time you let one finish and you'll be happy with the results when you smoke it. :thumb:
Thanks Shed. Things have been going good the past couple weeks for sure. Now if I could get the same relief for the arthritis...

My preference for CBD is with enough THC involved to get the high out of it as well as the other benefits. Just reassures me that it's doing something.

Good to hear brother. Like that saying goes, idle hands are the devils workshop. I am a firm believer that being satisfied with your work and staying busy goes a long way towards half a happy life. You just gotta have the home life to carry forward that positive vibe you are getting from work.

I miss that satisfaction from working. I loved the actual work that I did and loved the job. I worked really long hours and long work weeks....most weeks I worked, I would see upwards of 80 hours but the work never felt like 80 hours. It was always a two man team and we were generally on site for 5-7 days. We start around 7am and generally never stopped until the stomach growled. Most times we didn't finish up until 7pm or later. Wasn't uncommon on really long work weeks to hit close to 100 hours. I loved the feeling I got showing up on a site and an empty hospital room and leaving there a week later with a fully operational PET-CT or MRI or Cath Lab or any of the other imaging equipment. I didn't like the traveling that the job entailed, but I love the satisfaction of the actual work. But I am one of those odd people that loves to work and stay busy. Even now, I have to fight going outside and working in the garden cause I hate not staying busy.
Thanks Van. I get to work around 6:30 or earlier and open up the hatchery and get some morning routines done until around 8:00. By then things are going at the other place so I head up the road to test the wastewater and make any necessary adjustments to chemicals. Then it's off to the first place and get some more work done with the fish until lunch break. Then it's back up to do some more water tests and any more necessary adjustments and if there's time I'll go back to do more work with the fish again. Quitting time is at 3:30 which I like; that's why I go in early. By the time I head home I'm tired and aching all over, but I know I put in a good day. Close to nine hours a lot of days, minimum 8½ hours, six days a week.

My preference for CBD is with enough THC involved to get the high out of it as well as the other benefits. Just reassures me that it's doing something.
You might like this Harlequin.....I was surprised with how much I liked the tester nug. Very flavorful as well. I could see enjoying puffing on that strain throughout the day. I don't generally like to smoke a lot. I like it in the evenings/night. But the Harlequin is so nice, I am thinking that the sound of that 100% sativa Lebanese strain might be a bit fun to grow out and smoke.

Back
Top Bottom