Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

Mine had no skunk what so ever. Just all pepper, oddest scent I have smelled on a finished plant!
Strange indeed

Very curious if your soil is a factor in some of your scents Van

Strange indeed

Very curious if your soil is a factor in some of your scents Van
Well my Stankberry is pure Blueberry....more so than even the mom. Ms Stanks was Mango and fruity, maybe even some pineapple and bubblegum. The Blue Dream is like blueberry muffins, though the scent is shifting a bit more towards the haze side the last week. I am sure the soil has a lot to do with the smells we get.

Oh it was indeed an odd plant brother. From the slow start, to the leaf variegation that she outgrew, to how big she got despite me essentially ignoring her. To her smell.....all just odd, but I am glad she smells so unique!
Can't wait to try the cob!

Whoa that's pretty interesting with the reveg. I wonder if it will flower again though. I mean it would be pretty weird if it didn't, like just chose to reveg for no reason.

I really like the skunky smell of mine, the buds are plumping up really well, and so I don't really know how much longer to let it go.

Tiller seems to be working okay-ish. Had a few stalls here and there, but I think it was due to a combination of letting it tip sideways, and the tines getting jammed up on wet vegetation--it's not too strong, kind of like a weedwhacker with tines on it. I just want to try to get it deep as possible, so going back at it tomorrow, then gonna plant the seeds.

The one thing that's nice about this soil is that being so ashy/clay like it's got a real high CEC, but it gets compacted so easily that it doesn't really grow big plants since the roots can't penetrate too far. I'd rather have quality over quantity though. Anyway, just hoping to get it tilled out deep enough that it's kind of like a large raised bed for them.

Whoa that's pretty interesting with the reveg. I wonder if it will flower again though. I mean it would be pretty weird if it didn't, like just chose to reveg for no reason.

I really like the skunky smell of mine, the buds are plumping up really well, and so I don't really know how much longer to let it go.

Tiller seems to be working okay-ish. Had a few stalls here and there, but I think it was due to a combination of letting it tip sideways, and the tines getting jammed up on wet vegetation--it's not too strong, kind of like a weedwhacker with tines on it. I just want to try to get it deep as possible, so going back at it tomorrow, then gonna plant the seeds.

The one thing that's nice about this soil is that being so ashy/clay like it's got a real high CEC, but it gets compacted so easily that it doesn't really grow big plants since the roots can't penetrate too far. I'd rather have quality over quantity though. Anyway, just hoping to get it tilled out deep enough that it's kind of like a large raised bed for them.
Shovel and a strong back is what you need. Oh, and some soil amendments!

Shovel and a strong background is what you need. Oh, and some soil amendments!

Eh, I've been having a lot of back problems, I might have a herniated disc, so I'm trying not to work it too hard. My buddy has been saying he would do it for me for weeks but hasn't got around to it, and my gf even offered, but I'm just glad to have the till to do it myself and get it done without having to make anyone else do it for me. Makes me feel a little less useless.

I think it would be nice to get the soil aerated with something though. It's just so compact now, but on the plus that's not such a bad thing since by law we have to keep the plants concealed here. Easier to do when they don't get taller than the fence lines lol

Eh, I've been having a lot of back problems, I might have a herniated disc, so I'm trying not to work it too hard. My buddy has been saying he would do it for me for weeks but hasn't got around to it, and my gf even offered, but I'm just glad to have the till to do it myself and get it done without having to make anyone else do it for me. Makes me feel a little less useless.

I think it would be nice to get the soil aerated with something though. It's just so compact now, but on the plus that's not such a bad thing since by law we have to keep the plants concealed here. Easier to do when they don't get taller than the fence lines lol
I pay my son's 16-year-old back to dig holes for me :). I used a full-sized tiller about 20 years ago (rented from Home Depot) when we bought out house, and managed to do the compacted dirt down the side. It's not easy to negotiate one of those things when you only have 5 foot wide area to work in. And the exhaust fumes had nowhere to go but into my lungs. Still, I managed to do it and get some plants in before my wife came home. Of course, that was 20 years ago!

Did you find something wrong with the tiller that made it not want to run?

High fellow JH admirers! :yummy:

Just checking in to see what was growing in here these days. Glad to see some green!

Well, you may recall my Auto Jack that I germinated 1/15, nearly a month before the big group drop. She was harvested on May 6, and provided 91g (dry) of splendid connoisseur herb. :yummy:

And then she re-vegged. Not just continued flowering. See for yourself.

So the tribute lives on! :ganjamon:
You can reveg an auto? Didn't know that.

Mine had no skunk what so ever. Just all pepper, oddest scent I have smelled on a finished plant!
I'll have to take a good whiff off it this evening to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom