Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

My whole yard. We have about 12 that are over 20 years old so they're big. Despite some "natural" trimming from hurricanes, they've thrived. We also have about 8 more varieties at various stages mostly in pots.

Gotta be gorgeous! :love: I've been doing a large annual container garden for a couple decades. 20-30 pots. We're too cold here for interesting perennials. :( Heck, I'd settle for some truly hardy rhododendrons. When I'd visit the South every spring I'd be awed by them - something so easy and simple.

The entire range. Along with crepe myrtle and dogwoods in the Spring. I've driven it from Alabama to Pennsylvania. There are a lot of properties in the WV mountains that are shockingly cheap right now. Like 10 acres with well, septic, road and electricity, with a 1200 sqft ratty rambler on it, maybe an outbuilding or two. $50,000? :hmmmm: Gets an old guy to thinking ...

Gotta be gorgeous! :love: I've been doing a large annual container garden for a couple decades. 20-30 pots. We're too cold here for interesting perennials. :( Heck, I'd settle for some truly hardy rhododendrons. When I'd visit the South every spring I'd be awed by them - something so easy and simple.
One of the things I love about living in the tropics is that we can basically grow outside all year round. Not everything will grow in the hot summers, but I turned my backyard into a tropical edible perennial food forest with something like 50 different varieties of tropical fruits & veggies so something is always ready to harvest. Everything from bananas & pineapples to things like persimmons, passion fruit, jujube, pomegranate, sapodilla, loquat, and more! :drool:

I was browsing through here again and decided to snag a couple pics from the yard.

This is the 20+ year old that was pushed around pretty good back in hurricane mathhew. I cut everything off except that 6 inch stalk back then and it really recovered well. Needless to say it was a huge dome-shaped plant that was remarkable once it started flowering. She'll get there again.

plum1.jpg

This is little Lucinda. She was popped from seed and will be in a pot for another year.

lucinda.jpg

Plumeria/Frangipani. The big one has dark pink flowers with white edges. The one in the back left of that 1st picture is blooming pink right now. On the other side of the yard we have a few big yellow ones. My Wife has all the strain names. The plumeria breeders/collectors are a bit unusual, but so am I...so we get along. The dude that gave me Lucinda has over 200 strains he keeps.

hey gray ive seen in the past people asking you about various lighting im wanting to get new lights for my 5x5 and im looking at the budget 350 watt like pc put in his but im thinking two of those should be sufficient the description says flower covering 2.5 x 5-- 850.00 what are your thoughts I will be vegging and flowering both in that tent. :)

Back
Top Bottom