Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

bubba hash 6 weeks.jpg

One of my Bubba hash at 6 weeks. Just to tide you over...lol

There have been some interesting developments in the past few day about smoking and the Wuhan virus ...

It appears that cigarette smokers have a very much reduced rate of sickness and hospitalization. :hmmmm: Like only 25% of normal? o_O

Smokers Hospitalized Less Often for COVID-19

Fact check: Are smokers at less risk for contracting the coronavirus?

They're looking at the effect of nicotine on the ACE2 receptors.

So ... I'm wondering ... is there any data on cannabinoids yet? @SweetSue do you know much about the ACE2? I did run across some info on terpenes ...

Could cannabis terpene formulation treat COVID-19?

And there's a Canadian study - kinda deep, but they conclude ...

5. Based on our preliminary data, extracts of novel efficacious C. sativa lines, pending further investigations, may become a useful addition to the treatment of COVID-19, and an excellent GRAS adjunct therapy. They may also be used to develop additional easy-to-use preventative strategies such as mouth wash and throat gargle products that may be tested for their potential to decrease viral entry via the oral cavity and may be used both in clinical practice and at-home treatment. Acknowledgments: We thank Andrey Golubov, Rocio Rodriguez-Juarez.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0315/v1/download

Heheh, I'm feelin' pretty good about being a lifelong smoker. :slide:

Sometimes yer the windshield, sometimes yer the bug. :bongrip:

There have been some interesting developments in the past few day about smoking and the Wuhan virus ...

It appears that cigarette smokers have a very much reduced rate of sickness and hospitalization. :hmmmm: Like only 25% of normal? o_O

Smokers Hospitalized Less Often for COVID-19

Fact check: Are smokers at less risk for contracting the coronavirus?

They're looking at the effect of nicotine on the ACE2 receptors.

So ... I'm wondering ... is there any data on cannabinoids yet? @SweetSue do you know much about the ACE2? I did run across some info on terpenes ...

Could cannabis terpene formulation treat COVID-19?

And there's a Canadian study - kinda deep, but they conclude ...

5. Based on our preliminary data, extracts of novel efficacious C. sativa lines, pending further investigations, may become a useful addition to the treatment of COVID-19, and an excellent GRAS adjunct therapy. They may also be used to develop additional easy-to-use preventative strategies such as mouth wash and throat gargle products that may be tested for their potential to decrease viral entry via the oral cavity and may be used both in clinical practice and at-home treatment. Acknowledgments: We thank Andrey Golubov, Rocio Rodriguez-Juarez.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0315/v1/download

Heheh, I'm feelin' pretty good about being a lifelong smoker. :slide:

Sometimes yer the windshield, sometimes yer the bug. :bongrip:
My personal belief is that the best way to fight COVID is by boosting the immune system and, generally speaking, while cannabis has a bunch of benefits, strengthening the immune system is not one of them. While it's possible that gargling with some East Coast Sour Diesel extract may somehow inhibit COVID, I can't believe it would be more effective than, for example, gargling with an H2O2 solution or colloidal silver.

This is a pretty good article that has some of the plusses & minuses of cannabis as related to COVID:

Can Cannabis Prevent Coronavirus? - Diem Cannabis

In the end I think Wuhan virus isn’t the deadly bio weapon they thought. It’s just another variation of seasonal flu. I’m sure we’ll be hearing about cures and preventatives as time goes on.

I've been wondering about immune system function and this virus. They say one of the fatal conditions is a "cytokine storm" when the immune system goes code red and attacks everything in sight. Until then it's manageable, but people will flip and die within hours.

My family has a history of elevated immune function. We have some Multiple Sclerosis, and odd immune behavior. So if cannabis regulates immune system function, it's probably a plus for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I've smoked cigarettes for 52 years, too. :laughtwo:

In the end I think Wuhan virus isn’t the deadly bio weapon they thought. It’s just another variation of seasonal flu. I’m sure we’ll be hearing about cures and preventatives as time goes on.
Well, it's certainly not the TYPE of bio weapon that was portrayed, but it's being used as a weapon none-the-less. When they'll arrest a hard-working business owner trying to open his "non-essential" business so he can support his family at the same time they're releasing convicted felons from prisons, I'd say it's being used as a weapon! :rolleyes:

If you want to have a few laughs go to Walmart and walk around.

Lol, that's good for most any day! I love my Walmart and the people who shop there including my own self, but ya gotta admit ... :laughtwo:

I don't like not seeing people's faces. I'd rather wear one of those plastic wrap-around shield things. Plop my hat back on top and I'm good!

I think I was memorable today in the grocery store. :straightface: I have no manners, apparently. There were old farts wearing masks and shying away as I breezed by them, all bare nekkid faced like usual. Masked moms were pulling their masked kids to the side ...

Back
Top Bottom