Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

@ Grandpa Tokin
"Wow! Dude WTF are you doing with all this Rosin? You two can’t be smoking all that...hahaha!"

GT I am trying my damn'st! It's about all I am smoking, still smoke a bowl at bedtime.
I have about 28 plus grams of Rosin, I want to get to around 40 grams, then will decarboxylate it to use for dosing my med's.
I have yet to make the batch of FECO I plan on making, just been getting too stoned. :)

My take is that the heat is a mechanical, not a chemical, refinement. I'm assuming if you would mix the isolate and the sauce back together after separation you end up with what you started with.

Not necessarily IMO. I don’t know the science behind it, but the Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid has already been isolated. It’s much more powerful (near 100% potency) than the rosin it came from. I suppose you could be right with the necessary heat and pressure, but I’m not convinced completely.

It’s much more powerful (near 100% potency) than the rosin it came from.

Yes no doubt! It's more potent because it's being separated and concentrated. From what I gather there is no additional THC being created.

In other words, let's say you compare the THC in mg between what you start with (flower nugs) to what you end up with (a pile of THCa isolate and a pile of sauce)... the total THC between them should be the same. If it INCREASES, then you, my friend, have found the analogy to a perpetual motion machine, or you would be revered in ancient Egypt as a REAL alchemist! hehe

Am I confusing the terms THCa and THC in these examples? idk If so, someone put me on the straight and narrow!

Yes no doubt! It's more potent because it's being separated and concentrated. From what I gather there is no additional THC being created.

In other words, let's say you compare the THC in mg between what you start with (flower nugs) to what you end up with (a pile of THCa isolate and a pile of sauce)... the total THC between them should be the same. If it INCREASES, then you, my friend, have found the analogy to a perpetual motion machine, or you would be revered in ancient Egypt as a REAL alchemist! hehe

Am I confusing the terms THCa and THC in these examples? idk If so, someone put me on the straight and narrow!

Now I understand. Yes, you are most definitely correct. There is no increase in THCa. That would be awesome. The potency is due to the concentrated form, as you suggest. It’s just another step to attaining a more pure product. Without solvents...which is why I started squishing stuff.

Okay @Brian420pm I did an experiment just for you...in the name of science! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I stuck the tip of my dabber into this stuff I made 24 hour ago. It’s hard. The crystals are now more pronounced mixed in with the tiny bit of sauce I added. Anyway, I put about 3 tiny little granulated crystals, along with a minute amount of sauce. I was trying to only get crystal or crystal powder on the dabber, but that’s impossible once some sauce is introduced. It’s gooey goodness. Anyway, I torched my banger as normal and let it cool to a low temp hit (on my rig). I did not cough at all and got a good hit. Not a huge hit, but wow! I got ripped...for science!

I have a huge tolerance to rosin. This stuff is one hit for me. The picture below is not the size of the hit i took. Enjoy!

Later tonight I’m going to hit this Bubblelicious though. Yes, yes I am. :circle-of-love:

PS. This will be of interest to most. There was absolutely no residue in the banger after the dab. Perhaps a larger dab would yield something, but I don’t think it would yield much as long as you just hit the isolated THCa.

*Edit: I feel like I need to put some disclaimer here. I make light of many things in this forum; it comes from being cynical and facing death more than a few times in my life. However, this stuff is no joke. It’s potent as hell and will put the most seasoned head on his/her ass. Be safe and responsible. You have been warned. :headbanger:

I am with you there GT, my apprentice came by this morning, been wanting him to get into Rosin, think he is a couple of years younger than I but not very healthy. I want him to use some of his last grow to dab Rosin and make make some FECO so he can get on the 0.1 to 0.2 ml a day program.
We started dabbing the LSD Rosin, that was at 8 am, it is now 5 dabs later and 12 noon. Where does the time go, :)
:passitleft:

I know you are younger than me so you can probably do more.
Have you ever used a tennis ball to massage your back. I use one against a wall, run over the tender areas and when I find a trigger point I concentrate the ball on that area. Get blood flowing to those areas. I have a lot of problems with my back and the tennis ball help bunches.
I just started my third round of the 4 containers, no clear winner yet, :)

:passitleft:
I do the same thing....but I need Lacrosse balls to work out the areas that bother me. Tennis balls don't cut it. The lacrosse balls are just about perfect.

I am sure you figured it out why I posted the colors of each strain.
It's for the record, You can't write on silicone with anything. :)
Nope.....but you can put on a piece of masking, electrical, or painters tape and label them!

You'll hardly hit a pipe again once you start hitting the rosin Ghost.

I don't find my indicas hit that well compared to the bong for my bedtime dose. The bong gets me where I need to be for bed better than hitting rosin. But thats just me.....I am probably not doing something right.

I did some research on the Dulytek company. I bought one of their presses and it will be delivered today. Their company front is in Seattle, Washington. I couldn't find any employees published at that location. Their presses are shipped from a New Jersey location from a company named Boenn Technologies, that has numerous employees holding masters degrees in Mechanical Engineering. I assume their products are designed there.

The presses are built in China, by a company named Fujian Xinhong Mechanical and Engineering, LTD, founded 2009, in Fujian, China, population 39 million. They have 19 employees listed at LinkedIn. The most recent shipment of products from there to Boenn Technologies in NJ was a 16 ton container in May, 2019.

The Dulytek US trademark was issued in 2017, owned by Amerta LLC, founded in 2001 in Duvall, Washington. This company and one called Omerta LLC have a principal named Stephen Babcock, no info found on him. Amerta sells essential oils and skin products on their website and Amazon. No brick and mortar, just a PO box for an address.

So quite the tangled web that all came together to build this TANK of a press. Anxious to get started! :)

Just one to two bowls of Cheese, 90% Indica at bedtime for me, the rest is Rosin all day. I still travel with combustibles, can't carry a dab rig with me, :)

Bedtime is totally high thc indica oil in brownies for me.
Oh I take three of the big canna capsules as well, but I like to be comatosed for sleeping. Anything less and I find I don't get that deep recuperative sleep I need to keep the pain away.

Oh I take three of the big canna capsules as well, but I like to be comatosed for sleeping. Anything less and I find I don't get that deep recuperative sleep I need to keep the pain away.

I hear ya. I’m the same. I need to be out or it’s hell for me. Not just physical pain. I have emotions and shit too. :passitleft:

Yeah I usually take my capsules around 10 pm. I smoke my pre bed time bowl of indica around 10:30-11:00pm and then I take my bedtime dose (in the big bong) around 1:00-1:30 am and by that point I am beyond high. I am usually floating somewhere Jupiter or Saturn by that point.

Now funny enough I have found that if I am real active and really piss off my back/neck/shoulders and the pain is really up there on the pain scale, I don't get high. Its like my ECS is regulating all the THC to the pain and I don't get the fun side of the coin. Generally I need to be up above an 8 on pain scale (which for me takes quite a bit) for that to happen. Hell I even took a half strength dose of RSO (by half strength, I mean half the full dose on the cycle so roughly half a gram which is a lot for someone who hasn't done the tolerance build up) when I was at 9.5 and I didn't feel a fucking thing in terms of high. I felt hella relaxed and it knocked my pain down from that 9.5 (like still barely able to move after smoking and applying topical) to about a 1-2.

I have taken smaller doses of RSO to see the effects and when the pain isn't kicking, its a pretty wild ride, especially if you start increasing the dose.

Not sure if anyone else out there has had similar experiences with their meds and high levels of pain, but I find it interesting for sure.

Back
Top Bottom