Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Grandpa, your a sick, sick Rosin pressing demon.... Hehe....
Casper hash....lol

I still got those waiting for the Rosin press blues.....:confused:
Bollocks.

Okay, making the diamonds and sauce is easy enough. I slowly reheated the white and it liquified/melted as I gently broke it up and added some warm sauce.

I did one dab. It works as prescribed. I’m moving this batch to the “special occasion” drawer. It’s pretty darned good stuff. It packs a punch, but to be honest, I like my Rosin just as much. Actually, I like it more because it’s so easy to squeeze and dab. I’m not knocking this stuff, but I just prefer the ease of squeezing bud to make Rosin for my own personal use. Enjoy!

I’m still really buzzed from that one dab. I also dripped a tiny bit of sauce on the silicon mat I have on the table. After I hit the dab I saw the little drip and just instinctively scraped it onto my dabber and tasted it. It was still slightly warm and tasted different than rosin or weed...more of a strong earthy flavor with a tiny bit of acid. My tongue has been tingling all evening...almost like putting a 9-volt battery on your tongue. I’m sure you all know what that feels like. Anyway...that’s my observations of one dab of my diamonds and sauce...very stoned observations, but accurate nonetheless. :goof:

Question,
When I do a dab in my rig there is a very dark substance left after the draw that I clean out with a q tip.
Does anyone know what this is? Have tried hitting it but taste bad and makes me cough.

I’m basic. :laughtwo:
More Lambs Breath, lower temp at 180*. It has even more of a fruity pebbles smell.
46B92790-0AFB-4129-9D4F-9FB5CAC60C63.jpeg

40A797C6-9359-4219-B413-EB33588B1A2F.jpeg

E9964C83-34BA-4D20-88A0-8D5D691213E8.jpeg

Question,
When I do a dab in my rig there is a very dark substance left after the draw that I clean out with a q tip.
Does anyone know what this is? Have tried hitting it but taste bad and makes me cough.

I suspect that it is the solids that made it through your bag or screen.

Well according to the weatherman/woman, lol, it looks like I am going to be inside today due to constant rain. Well at least for the next few hours.
So, I am going to do some pressing today!
dab.jpg

Just finished a small dab of the Durban Poison, @ 24 plus % THC as a bud I wonder what the Rosin contains? It is very good.

Okay ladies, this afternoon was all about learning for Grandpa. I attempted to squeeze THCa and think I’m in the ballpark. I started with ~ 5 gm of Tangie Rosin that was squished a few days ago. I used a 25 micron bag and wrapped it with parchment.

The first squeeze was at 130F (all temps are according to my PID/thermocouple and may not be completely accurate). I placed the puck/parchment in the center of the plates with just enough pressure to hold it tightly. I let it sit for 1 minute then applied pressure slowly. Just like I do when squishing bud pucks. I slowly squeezed for 3 minutes (Squish-pause-squish) after the 1 minute warmup. Here’s what the 1st squeeze looked like.

The 2nd smash was completed exactly the same way with the exception of the temperature was increased to 145F and the parchment was changed. Considerably less “Sauce.”

The 3rd and final squeeze was accomplished at 158F. Almost no sauce, but I could start to see the THCa inside the bag. Getting it out was a learning experience all on its own. I used some scissors and tweezers and managed to get most of it without it blowing away.

Stay tuned girls...tomorrow I make diamonds and sauce.

:lot-o-toke:

Question,

Yeah, like @Old Salt said, leftover plant matter, oils, fatty acids, lipids, plant fats, microscopic contaminates, and stuff we don’t need apparently. Stuff that doesn’t vaporize or fully melt. I know if you forget to clean your banger after a dab and you attempt to reheat with that stuff in there it can make a mess of your nice banger...it could probably keep an old oil lamp lit. LOL.

I just heat the banger up till red burn it off let cool till desired temp and take my big ol fat dab..... no issues here.
Yes that black shit is , (the cannabinoids) and any impurities present (for example plant fats, waxes and lipids)

I just heat the banger up till red burn it off let cool till desired temp and take my big ol fat dab..... no issues here.
Yes that black shit is , (the cannabinoids) and any impurities present (for example plant fats, waxes and lipids)

Ewww! If you smoke that shit you’ll turn into that little guy you posted a picture of...just sayin.

Some good reads for who ever

If anyone is interested, I pretty much followed this article to make the THCa:

Back
Top Bottom