Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

I'll be pheno hunting for a good GDP this next grow.

Wasn't thrilled with my seeds I made, so using breeders seeds to find a good pheno this time around

The seeds I made from doing that more and less haired GDP plant breeding went a direction I didn't plan on either. The plants lost the purple and general look I wanted. I plan on breeding that back into these GDPs; here's the GDP S1 x GDP f3 mother. I can see I picked a good one for color:

If the purple in the flowers is any sign, I might have picked a good GDP S1 x GDP f3 father too:

I'll keep an eye on the leaf color.
I moved a new GDP S1 mother in here to pollinate, but I think I'll pick another of these too. I don't think this one's going to be purple:

The leaf petiole being dark is what I'm going by to maintain color. I thought the dark stripes on the main stem were what I should be watching, but I'm going to try it instead and see.

I've been playing around with these DevilsCarnival F2s, learning as I go. I suppose I should do the research but I'm enjoying picking up stuff on my own. I have to keep reminding myself that its all about recessive gene combinations. Ack. My mind thinks in terms of addition and blending, etc, but it's more like subtraction. :hmmmm: Gotta keep dumping undesirable dominant genes out of the mix somehow, while preserving desirable dominant genes. I want a fruity purple plant with the Carnival punch and high, but to preserve the Carnival traits I have to back cross, and that reintroduces dominant green genes and I lose a couple more generations.

Adding seems easier.

:bongrip:

I want a fruity purple plant with the Carnival punch and high, but to preserve the Carnival traits I have to back cross, and that reintroduces dominant green genes and I lose a couple more generations.

Adding seems easier.

:bongrip:

I've confirmed that fruity scents and flavors are brought out by using magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt). If you can work that into your feed, it will surely bring out the fruitiness. I go hard with it from about week 3 till flush. Sulfur in general will increase the odors, so you can pump your candidates with sulfur, then figure out which of them expresses the scents you seek.

Edit - Conversely, I've read (but not yet confirmed) that potassium sulfate will accentuate the lemon citrus smells. FWIW, the same source told me that Epsom will enhance fruitiness, and that panned out.

I do not see all that many purple plants coming from GDP stock any more. Most every plant I see grown out of their gear is green. I have found other breeders that put out more consistent purple stock. Mass Medical Seeds Star Pupil is supposed to be purple from every seed. My Star Pupil is the only plant I have seen go from purple to green because of high temps lol. It was odd to see. CSI:Humboldt and Pirates of the Emerald Triangle produce lots of purple plants as well. NSpecta, the breeder for the last two companies, is the breeder of Obama Kush and is supposed to have one of the nicest Purple Urkle cuts there is. He has a few posts showing off some purple males.

This male is not purple but is stacked! He mentions in the post that he takes his males deep into flower in order to see theri full expressions.

I meant to mention that MMS has a new line called Grape Pupil which is their Putang (Tangie x Star Pupil) hit with reversed Star Pupil pollen. From all the pics I have seen it is another all purple variety, but instead of the Star Pupil scents it has more of the traditional grape scents and flavors. I would grab a pack of the Grape Pupil if I did not already have more Star Pupil seeds to work through.

I do not see all that many purple plants coming from GDP stock any more. Most every plant I see grown out of their gear is green. I have found other breeders that put out more consistent purple stock. Mass Medical Seeds Star Pupil is supposed to be purple from every seed. My Star Pupil is the only plant I have seen go from purple to green because of high temps lol. It was odd to see. CSI:Humboldt and Pirates of the Emerald Triangle produce lots of purple plants as well. NSpecta, the breeder for the last two companies, is the breeder of Obama Kush and is supposed to have one of the nicest Purple Urkle cuts there is. He has a few posts showing off some purple males.

This male is not purple but is stacked! He mentions in the post that he takes his males deep into flower in order to see theri full expressions.

I meant to mention that MMS has a new line called Grape Pupil which is their Putang (Tangie x Star Pupil) hit with reversed Star Pupil pollen. From all the pics I have seen it is another all purple variety, but instead of the Star Pupil scents it has more of the traditional grape scents and flavors. I would grab a pack of the Grape Pupil if I did not already have more Star Pupil seeds to work through.
My star Pupil crosses turned greener last summer, that totally makes sense

I'll be growing them again soon, like starting in 2 weeks, excited to see if they all stay purple this grow

My star Pupil crosses turned greener last summer, that totally makes sense

I'll be growing them again soon, like starting in 2 weeks, excited to see if they all stay purple this grow
It was funny, the buds started out darker purple than most anything I have grown. Then we got hit with about a week or two of mid 0s temps. My tent was in the high 80s for about half of that time. The tops closest to the lights started to go green! Never before have I seen it go that direction. They still stayed purple further down with everything down undah being super purple! My only complaint is that it looks almost brown once dried if you dont have the right light.

Look up "Buckeye Purple".

I have seen Buckeye Purple and othe rcrosses from Melvan. I have seen it mentioned a few times that it is not overly potent. the Star Pupls appeal, other than being stable purple fems, is the fact that it typically tests in the high teens to low 20s for THC percentages.

It was funny, the buds started out darker purple than most anything I have grown. Then we got hit with about a week or two of mid 0s temps. My tent was in the high 80s for about half of that time. The tops closest to the lights started to go green! Never before have I seen it go that direction. They still stayed purple further down with everything down undah being super purple! My only complaint is that it looks almost brown once dried if you dont have the right light.

I have seen Buckeye Purple and othe rcrosses from Melvan. I have seen it mentioned a few times that it is not overly potent. the Star Pupls appeal, other than being stable purple fems, is the fact that it typically tests in the high teens to low 20s for THC percentages.

Mine started a strong Purple, and last few weeks in flower the Purple faded a lot.

On the surface of the sun I'm always around 84-87 deg in my tent, so makes sense on the color changes

My original SP was a fall/winter grow so cooler for sure

Very interesting concept indeed

Wow those males are intense o_O
I'm not liking the GDP S1 x GDP f3 mother I chose. It looks the same as the more and less haired GDP offspring I did:

The GDP S1 mother I switched is just now starting to show hairs:

Overhead shot of the GDP mother rejects:

I just chopped a Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 it's about 1/2 ounce here's the next and last one for a bit:

Yeah I have seen some pretty intense males over on IG. Symbiotic has a Purple Punch F2 male that they have posted pics of and it looks a lot like that last male from my post. It has thicker colas than a lot of females I have seen! The mothers reject in the front of the pic just right of center has some very nice wide leaves. What is it you do not like about the one you chose?

It has the same look to it that the original project I started with these GDP seeds has. Both of those mothers worked away from both the color and look of what I had at the beginning. I think I'm going to pollinate this sister plant but not put it in with the GDP male, so I might as well pollinate a few bottom buds on the one with the wide leaves too:

Oh, both those triple node GDP plants are doing okay, but the female isn't far enough along to have brown hairs yet.

Nice one PotChimp, we can see you're having a white Christmas!:goodjob:

Christmas is it? Bah humbug...unless kids and or grandkids involved, then merry Christmas...

Back
Top Bottom