Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

My OG Kush is the same way. I guess that trait wasn't bred out of your Bubba. Another month and I'll be rid of the Kush indefinitely.

Im not sure who the breeders are or where their parent plants have come from, if they bulk buy seeds or breed but I can say, with not too much selection, Medicann Bubba Kush in regular seed, is a plant worth exploring, if Bubba kush is what you want..

I'm not too sure I do want it anymore. You can get good buzzes and good tastes from other weeds that yield better these days. There's not even an ounce on this Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

There's other stuff in there, but here's my Grand Daddy Purple grow:

The triple node plant:

FWIW, your Kush nugs are about twice the size of mine, and mine are about 6" apart. I'll have a few 4 foot branches with 7 or 8 smaller than golf ball nugs on each. It's downright disgusting. Great taste and nice high, but damn, the yield is ass.

I gotta get me some dirt these are starting to get rootbound (GDP breeding plants). They're starting to show sex too, so I have to get a male and female separated soon:

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1. It's done I'll take it out tomorrow:

I know that space is a hot commodity in your grows, but have you considered growing out your seed starts one round to find the ones that seem to be the most like what you are looking for and then running them a second time to do the breeding? I think that though it would take you longer to do it this way you would end up with your desired traits sooner in the end.

I have seen a few breeders state that when looking for males they will let them flower completely instead of just until they start dumping pollen. That way they can get a better idea of their smells, structure and bud formation that they may contribute. They will also be able to see if the male has any intersex traits. They tend to go for stable males that flower last.

I'd need separate grow areas for all the male plants to do that. Yeah space would be a thing then. I'm hoping that I can backcross a few times to get something where I want it and just keep breeding it out to stability.
I just lost my Arjan's Strawberry Haze seedling (it shriveled up for some reason), so the area I was going to grow it 12/12 in I'll dedicate to these GDP parents. I gotta pick 'em both soon, too; the male flowers are looking close to popping open.

I always think of the cost of that seed! :) I was thinking the same thing about the backcrossing. I picked the parents for this branch of my breeding project yesterday. GDP S1 x GDP f3 father:

GDP S1 x GDP f3 mother (dark purple plant from last round):

GDP S1:

All in a small area with a CFL:

I am going to switch that GDP S1 mother out; I saw a better looking one today. I also saw that I wound up with two weirdos with triple nodes this time, not one. I think it's called whorled phyllotaxy. They're both GDP S1 (mother) x GDP f3 (father). I know this one's male (it's pretty cool how the main stem goes up then turns dark colored):

I've got a lighting setup with weak wattage, so if this one turns out to be a female:

..... I'm gonna make this project a bit more confusing breed those two together and see what the offspring do! :)
Just kidding; it'll be a separate (and third) GDP project, but I'll post the pics and results here. :thumb:

I'll check again today, but I think I saw hairs on the second triple-node GDP plant. Here's my next and maybe last (for now; I have more seeds) Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

I'm gonna check on all three GDP parents soon. I just shook the male this morning and I want the dust to settle..... :)

Back
Top Bottom