Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

@GreeN Yeti- i totally agree with you. I was thinking the exact same thing myself. Been wanting a nice purple, dank, real looking and tasting Grandaddy Purp for some time now. But i hear alot of stories from people who say that most of the stuuff they've been running isnt quite what they had expected. More green than purple, if you will.
Bottom line- im glad that you seem to be making some headway into your breeding projects. I dont claim to be an authoratorian on the matter. But i do know what i want, and what i like.
Good luck on getting your genetics stable.
I'll smoke to that! Peace! Sparks.

I'm starting to see the problem the original GDP breeder must have ran into. It takes the right choices to keep the purple in these. Here are all the mother rejects and only two seem to have enough color to notice (they still got about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks, which is about the time most of the color change seems to happen with the majority of these):

I don't like 'em, even though the mothers I picked look better.

That's what I did with the less-haired mother/father (IBL from the f1 seeds I bought), but every generation I did this I pollinated the offspring of the more-haired mother/less-haired father with the less-haired father. I've still got all the generations of these seeds, so I can go back if things get too off.
Those two plants above smell about 1/2 grape and 1/2 skunk, so the grape smell's coming back more that's cool.

That's what I did with the less-haired mother/father (IBL from the f1 seeds I bought), but every generation I did this I pollinated the offspring of the more-haired mother/less-haired father with the less-haired father. I've still got all the generations of these seeds, so I can go back if things get too off.
Those two plants above smell about 1/2 grape and 1/2 skunk, so the grape smell's coming back more that's cool.
What I mean is the same exact two parents,. they will keep clones of them and just keep breeding them to release them. The two above are gorgeous. Grape skunk sounds delicious. I have gotten varying degrees of purple in recent strains I have grown but not quite as purple as that. i have my GDPupil that has some nice pinks and purple coming through with dark green leaves. I have a Mendo Purple Urkle that gets really purple but it is too leafy for my liking. I am flowering it out for the second and last time. i have more seeds of it but I dont know when i will get back to running them. If it grew quicker and had better structure I would keep it. Aside from the color it smells amazing.

Two separate mothers all the way through, but using the same father has them looking the same.
GDP x GDP (less-haired mother):

GDP x GDP (more-haired mother):

Sight unseen GDP S1 x GDP (topped):

GDP S1 that looked a lot like the one I kept for a while but the clone came out looking kind of like a beaded pheno:

One more pic of it and I'm gonna go knock that gnat off I'll be thinking about it all night if I don't:

Got a ton of 'em this year.....

Back
Top Bottom