Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

I've smoked them all, and most of them go toe-to-toe with anything out there as far as the buzz goes. They all seem kind of skunky smelling with a grapey kind of smell in the background. I can't seem to manage to get any of them to yield well so far.
My GDP is epic

Same,not a huge yielder, but man it's a great smoke

The profile is unlike anything else, guess why it's so popular

I grew it out one round and didnt take cuts! I had no where to root them or veg them at the time. Super disappointing considering what I got. I need to look to see if I have the pictures of the mains. They were as tall as a gallon of milk and as thick as a 1 liter. They did not turn solid purple but purple enough and they smelt like grape candy! I have wanted to run it again ever since.

I posted this info on my other journal, but I decided to redo the ventilation to all my tents and hook up a new 8" inline fan I bought the other day. I wasn't thinking, and set the flex ducts up to pass through one tent come out the other side and pull air from a closet (to avoid an extra duct run). The setup pulled pollen from this GDP breeding project into my 400 watt bloom tent, where these GDP mother rejects are. I don't know the extent of the damage, but here's that plant I was going to pollinate:

I'm not sure how many others got it, but I've got about nine other plants in there.
It may not have been as bad as I think; the hairs on the GDP mother plants in with the father weren't very browned up. Last night, I shook the father and closed the closet door (I ran a duct run straight from the breeding unit to the carbon filter plenum I made with no pass-thru, so it's okay now).
Bummer.....

I thought I could do one of my last GDP breedings in the bottom of a 2' x 3' closet and a Jack the Ripper clone grow in the top part of the closet. I thought if I just duct tape the gap going in between the two closet spaces the top part that pulls the air will just pull it from the duct going out of the other side of the top and not the gap also. The duct tape was cheap it dried up and fell off damn near every JTR clone in that top part got pollinated I've done it before. :(

I thought I could do one of my last GDP breedings in the bottom of a 2' x 3' closet and a Jack the Ripper clone grow in the top part of the closet. I thought if I just duct tape the gap going in between the two closet spaces the top part that pulls the air will just pull it from the duct going out of the other side of the top and not the gap also. The duct tape was cheap it dried up and fell off damn near every JTR clone in that top part got pollinated I've done it before. :(

I have learned a lot with spunk and my girls

It's a challenge for sure but worth in the long run

I got me a leaf that pollen fell on from the GDP (third breeding) male and rubbed it all over the top of this GDP S1 x GDP plant:

I'll reveg that plant and backcross to it again if I have to (it depends on how the offspring look). I'm gonna get another leaf tomorrow night and pollinate this other GDP S1 x GDP plant too:

It looks like it might have already got pollinated, just like I said about the first one. I'll do it again to be sure, but I'll probably just pollinate these bottom nugs:

Reveg that one for a backcross too. Enough irons in the fire and one of them should heat up.

Back
Top Bottom