Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Congrats on a very nice harvest, GDB!
Chances are that the other auto, the Chocolate Kush, will not get hand-trimmed at all but will be sacrificed to the lazy-man method.
Will that thing trim the big colas, or do you have to break them down into nugs first?

I did some pretty stoned math so...? I opened up a jar of some Smoothie auto I had for a while and had forgotten. It was more than I remembered!
I liked your math, but don't think it will work! :laughtwo:

And thanks for mentioning the Smoothie. I've got a bit left too. Been jarred since Sept. of last year. I had put it down for a while for the same reason your math got so messed up!

I'm back on it now. :bongrip:

Congrats on a very nice harvest, GDB!

Will that thing trim the big colas, or do you have to break them down into nugs first?
I believe it would, but I wouldn't use it for any really nice colas.

I'm going to just hang it up to dry and then trim it. I've never tried a dry-trim before and want to see how it goes.
:laughtwo: It’s still going to be the most dreaded part of the grow and there’s no getting around it.

Nice job GDB that looks like a a good amount of satisfaction in your near future. :blunt:

:laughtwo: It’s still going to be the most dreaded part of the grow and there’s no getting around it.

Nice job GDB that looks like a a good amount of satisfaction in your near future. :blunt:
Thanks, Nev.

I'm hoping for the same.

I got an early start this morning to take down at least one of the autos.

I hand-trimmed 610 oz. of solid stuff leaving me with a substantial amount of airy buds that still held some goodies.
You what? Stoned math you say? :rofl: I bet you got a reaaaal early start this morning to trim that much haha

Beautiful harvest none the less, I can't blame you for using a bowl trimmer like that, I actually thought about investing in one eventually for when I harvest more than a few plants at once.

Hello growers.

Another day, another auto goes down! The Chocolate Kush starting getting the chop at noon and by 1:50pm I was done, not even half the time it took with the Blue Dream'atic yesterday!

Minimum hand trimming was done this time. I removed all the brown stuff and the big fans, and trimmed down some of the smaller fan leaves. I then used the lazy-man trimmer to finish the job

Some of this plant was pure fluff, I assume the result of the mites having there ongoing buffet, but I still got a respectable amount of good stuff.

She weighed in at 504g wet with most of the stems removed. The lazy-man trimmer did a satisfactory job. If nothing else, it's a time-saver!
P1040706.JPG

Since I had cut off the big stems in order to use the trimmer I had to modify my washing technique. I usually just hold onto the ends of the stems and slosh them around in my bucket of washing solution (lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide and water) and them slosh them around in the plain water for a rinse.
P1040710.JPG

With no stems to grab I just dumped all the buds into the bucket of cleaner and sloshed them around in there.

For the plain water rinse I used a sieve to dip them out of the bucket and hold them under running water in the kitchen sink.
P1040711.JPG

All washed up and ready for drying in less than 2 hours!
P1040712.JPG

In the interest of full disclosure, some of the flowers on this plant would have been a waste of time to mess with, so I didn't. I left this much on the plant and even if it looks like it might be worth something, believe me, it isn't. :Rasta:
P1040709.JPG

@Carcass, as it turns out the trimmer works well on large colas. In fact, it may work better on those than some of the smaller stuff which it often brings to the brink of annihilation if spun to many times.

Now it's on to the job of cleaning and de-bugging the ten in preparation for its next tenants!

Peace.

Nice haul. Sorry I missed so much.
Hope you're doing well and so is the missus.

Crack of Dawn... :laughtwo: That's my kind of humor!!
Thanks, VG. I'm happy whenever you're able to look in!

You like butt jokes, huh? :laughtwo:

Gorgeous harvest GDB! I can certainly see why you went with the bowl trimmer after all that. I wonder how the results compare to double H's Trim Bag...someone would need to buy both of course. :)

:goodluck: with the CK.
Thanks, Shed.

I hardly ever use the trimmer but I think that's about to change!

Congrats in the harvest GDB! And sorry about the mites. I've been there and it wasn't pretty. :eek:. Looking forward to seeing what you grow next in your clean and sanitized tent! :ciao:
Thanks, Boo! :Rasta:

With regard to the bugs, I can only imagine what mite have been! :laughtwo:

I left this much on the plant and even if it looks like it might be worth something, believe me, it isn't. :Rasta:
That does look like a lot of plant left. Can it be used for cooking?

Back
Top Bottom