Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello again growers.

I'm back again. Looks like I'm locked in to the two-update a day mode since both tents get fed on the same days.

Just bud pics from the photo tent today, or more accurately I guess, pistil pics. :Rasta:

I could have posted a single pic to represent the whole tent, because to this untrained eye all of these look alike. :laughtwo:

Critical Kush
ck.JPG

Strawberry Banana Grape
sbg.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple
gdp.JPG

Cheese
cheese.JPG

Double Black
dbl black.JPG

Lemon Haze (the lone @GeoFlora Nutrients plants among the Mega Crop crew)
lh.JPG

That was quick, right?

("Quickie" is the nickname my golf buddies gave me years ago because I don't stand over the ball for long before I swing at it. Unfortunately, the name stuck. Now every time there's a women in the group those clowns can't get enough of calling me Quickie, and the women think it's hilarious.) :Rasta:

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.
CORRECTION: This post erroneously identified the LH as the @GeoFlora Nutrients plant. Actually, the CK is the geo flora plant.

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION.

When do I start feeding them nutrients and how much?
You can start right where you left off, they are the same age as the mother plant, and will be looking for the same nutrients as her (as long as it’s the same type of growing medium). Start them off at the 4g, and you can always adjust from there!!
They look great!
:thumb:

You can start right where you left off, they are the same age as the mother plant, and will be looking for the same nutrients as her (as long as it’s the same type of growing medium). Start them off at the 4g, and you can always adjust from there!!
They look great!
Thank you so much, DutchinAB! That confirms what I had been told, but I always like to get a second opinion.

One more cloning question:

Once I put the GDPs in solo cups, I completely forgot about the 2 other cuttings that were in the GDBcloner!

I looked at them today and both had roots. But I took these cuttings on Feb. 11th, or 22 days ago. Are they still viable?

P1040478.JPG

For sure, if their foliage is perky and not sagging/drooping, they’re alive! Place them in a gallon or so pot and water them in!
Thanks again, Dutchin.

I was planning to put them in solo cups, because I like to watch the roots develop before up-potting. Since I now have three I'll have to grow them in 2 gallon pots. So from solos to 2gals.

Your thoughts?

Edit: I have 2 in solos already and I'm giving one of these new ones away.

I took down the fauxto Glue Gelato today. She was butt ugly by the end, which is not unusual for my plants. She ended up with about 8 nice-sized, hard buds but most of the rest was a little disappointing. It may be that I just didn't trim her bottom like I needed to.
Congratz! How did I miss that...!? o_O

Mine is a bit sparse lower down. I probably should have defoliated more earlier because there's a lot of shadowing leaves. And now I should perhaps pick off some of those bleak low down popcorns. Or not... Oh well, it's an experiment.

fauxto Lemon Haze
Looking good!

The clones look as good as the R &D team! They may be failing at their job but those R &D guys sure know how to dress to impress!!
Yeah. They're some well-dressed bums. :Rasta:

I was planning to put them in solo cups, because I like to watch the roots develop before up-potting. Since I now have three I'll have to grow them in 2 gallon pots. So from solos to 2gals.

Your thoughts?
Solid. That will be a nice root ball on them going into 2’s

Hello growers.

For the Anecdote!

I had an interesting revelation today while reading the latest @Justin Goody journal.

In it, he shared the @GeoFlora Nutrients feeding chart which calls for top-dressing with the nutrients using 4 ozs. for a 5-gallon pot. I thought, wait, what?

I looked through my documentation and was surprised the find that I had printed a copy of the same feeding chart Justin had referred to but for some reason I had chosen not to follow it. Why?

My Critical Kush -- in a 5 gallon pot -- has been getting a top dress of 5.5 ounces, 1.5 more ounces than recommended by the feeding chart.

Here she is on day 33 post-flip:
P1040479.JPG

P1040480.JPG

So why did I go higher than the chart recommendation, especially since this is my first time using this product?

It's because the directions on both the Bloom and Veg bags say to apply as a top dressing at the rate of 8 ounces per cubic (Edited from: "square") foot of growing medium. Being a newbie, I took that as gospel. I then went to the Geoflora Pot site where their Soil Volume Chart says that their 5 gallon pots holds .69 cubic feet of grow medium. (And .69 of 8 ozs = 5.5 ozs.)

The way I see it, there's a conflict in their instructions.

After I did the cubic foot calculation I probably never looked at the feeding chart again. Had I done so, I may have asked @GeoFlora Nutrients for clarification.

I'm not sure what this means for my next grow, where I plan to grow a side-by-side comparison of the same strains grown with Mega Crop and GF in 4 gallon pots. I'm leaning on just going with the very basic ratio of 1oz of GF per gallon of pot size. That will get me to the 4oz that the feed chart recommends for a 5 gallon pot.

I don't think precise measurements are mandatory with this product. If they were, I think I the Critical Kush would be in bad shape.

I noted earlier in this journal how the CK had developed the nute burned tips before flower CK Leaf Tips. Perhaps the 5.5ozs explains that. But they burn never progressed beyond the tips so I just took it in stride.

And that's it for "For the Anecdote!"

Peace.

Hello growers.

For the Anecdote!

I had an interesting revelation today while reading the latest @Justin Goody journal.

In it, he shared the @GeoFlora Nutrients feeding chart which calls for top-dressing with the nutrients using 4 ozs. for a 5-gallon pot. I thought, wait, what?

I looked through my documentation and was surprised the find that I had printed a copy of the same feeding chart Justin had referred to but for some reason I had chosen not to follow it. Why?

My Critical Kush -- in a 5 gallon pot -- has been getting a top dress of 5.5 ounces, 1.5 more ounces than recommended by the feeding chart.

Here she is on day 33 post-flip:
P1040479.JPG

P1040480.JPG

So why did I go higher than the chart recommendation, especially since this is my first time using this product?

It's because the directions on both the Bloom and Veg bags say to apply as a top dressing at the rate of 8 ounces per square foot of growing medium. Being a newbie, I took that as gospel. I then went to the Geoflora Pot site where their Soil Volume Chart says that their 5 gallon pots holds .69 cubic feet of grow medium. (And .69 of 8 ozs = 5.5 ozs.)

The way I see it, there's a conflict in their instructions.

After I did the cubic foot calculation I probably never looked at the feeding chart again. Had I done so, I may have asked @GeoFlora Nutrients for clarification.

I'm not sure what this means for my next grow, where I plan to grow a side-by-side comparison of the same strains grown with Mega Crop and GF in 4 gallon pots. I'm leaning on just going with the very basic ratio of 1oz of GF per gallon of pot size. That will get me to the 4oz that the feed chart recommends for a 5 gallon pot.

I don't think precise measurements are mandatory with this product. If they were, I think I the Critical Kush would be in bad shape.

I noted earlier in this journal how the CK had developed the nute burned tips before flower CK Leaf Tips. Perhaps the 5.5ozs explains that. But they burn never progressed beyond the tips so I just took it in stride.

And that's it for "For the Anecdote!"

Peace.
I saw your WOW reaction to that feeding chart, I was wondering if you had been feeding differently. Thanks for speaking up, cause I feel like most people would go on the light side of that chart.
Before I ever saw that chart, I read another place that it should be 1 oz per G of soil, so I measured out 5 oz. which is a bit more than half cup too.
I was worried about overfeeding, so this helps me feel a bit more calm about the ratio.
Thanks GDB!

apply as a top dressing at the rate of 8 ounces per square foot of growing medium.
their 5 gallon pots holds .69 cubic feet of grow medium.
Maybe I’m missing something, but square feet of growing medium, it would seem to me to refer to the surface area of the soil in the pot, not the volume (cubic feet) of the soil in pot. They are two different things, but hey, I’ve been wrong before.

Also is that 8 ounces by weight or volume?

Maybe I’m missing something, but square feet of growing medium, it would seem to me to refer to the surface area of the soil in the pot, not the volume (cubic feet) of the soil in pot. They are two different things, but hey, I’ve been wrong before.

Also is that 8 ounces by weight or volume?
The directions on the bags refer to "cubic" feet, not square feet. And GeoFlora's Soil Volume Chart shows how many cubic feet of medium their pots will hold based on pot-size.

And, I mean ounces by weight.

Thanks for looking in, BigD! :Rasta:

The directions on the bags refer to "cubic" feet, not square feet. And GeoFlora's Soil Volume Chart shows how many cubic feet of medium their pots will hold based on pot-size.

And, I mean ounces by weight.

Thanks for looking in, BigD! :Rasta:
@BigD13, I looked back at most post and noticed I did say the bag referred to "square" feet. I have changed it to reflect what it actually says.

Thanks for the catch! :Rasta:

Based on my history using LOS systems, I don’t think you risk harm by using a little “too much”. And I think you’re right that super precision isn’t necessary.

It’s even possible likely that some varieties might need that extra and others not. My bubba hash (bubba Kush x hashplant) was extraordinarily hungry and took feeds twice as strong as other plants that showed burn n response to lesser strengths. So maybe that Kush has just been thriving on the ‘extra’. With organics I find the suggested measurements for things usually indicate a range or a ballpark rather than a strictly precise, never deviate, kind of number. With the products I use now, I barely measure anymore - just about “that” much :laughtwo: . I measure when mixing soil - but again, not aiming for “millimeter” precision.

Good discovery in their documentation discrepancy. My guess is that both are “right” ;)

Based on my history using LOS systems, I don’t think you risk harm by using a little “too much”. And I think you’re right that super precision isn’t necessary.

It’s even possible likely that some varieties might need that extra and others not. My bubba hash (bubba Kush x hashplant) was extraordinarily hungry and took feeds twice as strong as other plants that showed burn n response to lesser strengths. So maybe that Kush has just been thriving on the ‘extra’. With organics I find the suggested measurements for things usually indicate a range or a ballpark rather than a strictly precise, never deviate, kind of number. With the products I use now, I barely measure anymore - just about “that” much :laughtwo: . I measure when mixing soil - but again, not aiming for “millimeter” precision.

Good discovery in their documentation discrepancy. My guess is that both are “right” ;)
Good discovery in their documentation discrepancy. My guess is that both are “right”
Yep, I don't think either is "wrong". :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom