Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers.

I need some advise please.

I'm hang-drying the weird Purple but haven't had a lot of experience drying this way. Because I could, I left many of the branches connected and hung them in little bunches. Now I'm wondering if they are too close to each other to dry properly.

Also, what is the ideal environment for drying. The tent currently is at 76F and 30% RH. But the inside walls of the tent are damp. Should they be? I have a humidifier in there set to low. There is a 9-inch fan on the floor, angled up and blowing into the ride side wall. It's also set to low.

A little guidance would be appreciated. :Rasta:

w Purple hanging 3-3-22.jpg

Well that turned out better than expected (and much better than the original seed weight), so you're "quids in" as my wife would say. Congrats on the sticky smelly mold and bug-free harvest GDB!
Thanks Shed. Life is full of surprises!
Congrats on the rot and bug-free harvest, GDB!
Great haul from a not-so-big plant!
Thanks Mr.C. I think proper and consistent use of the SNS 209 did the trick!
She's got giant bud syndrome! Best get her dry and smoked asap! :yummy: Wow they're nice! :bravo:
Thanks Stone. You otter know! :laughtwo:
Congratulations on the harvest. Sticky looking bud.
Thanks Stinker. And thanks for looking in!

Hello growers.

I'm hang-drying the weird Purple but haven't had a lot of experience drying this way. Because I could, I left many of the branches connected and hung them in little bunches. Now I'm wondering if they are too close to each other to dry properly.

Also, what is the ideal environment for drying. The tent currently is at 76F and 30% RH. But the inside walls of the tent are damp. Should they be? I have a humidifier in there set to low. There is a 9-inch fan on the floor, angled up and blowing into the ride side wall. It's also set to low.

I put mine on 68-72 degrees with 52-55% rh
That will dry too fast and rob you of your flavor ! Move the humidifier outside the tent and let the intake fan do the work !

Hello growers.

I've never seen one of those thick wire hangers bow like that before.
It's like you have a couple 6 packs hanging there.:cheer:
Beautiful colas GDB.
Excellent work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Congrats on the harvest, GDB! I'm looking forward to the smoke report and am hoping she helps you.

When I hang dry I aim for 60f & 60% humidity. I put the buds in a tent with a small fan and seal the tent. Then I use the Govee hygrometers to dial in the atmosphere. If it gets too moist in the tent I crack it a bit for ventilation, too dry I seal it up. Eventually I found a sweet spot that kept around 60/60 for a week or so. As soon as the humidity in the tent started dipping they were ready. Of course it helped that the room the tent was in was at 50% humidity ;)

Also, I separated by buds as much as possible on multiple hangers. I figure any buds that touch would retain more moisture and be a good place for mold to grow.

Finally, those are some FAT buds! Nice harvest :)

Congrats on another harvest GDB! That girl produced some really fat buds!

It’s already been said but I aim for 60 degrees and 60 rh or as close to that as I can get when I dry my plants, it helps them dry slowly to capture all those flavours!

I put mine on 68-72 degrees with 52-55% rh
That will dry too fast and rob you of your flavor ! Move the humidifier outside the tent and let the intake fan do the work !
I'm aiming to hang dry in my next harvest. From everything I have gathered, lows 60s and 55-60% RH for up to two weeks.

The higher temps are taking away your terps. I dried my last one too fast and I lost most of my flavor to heat and an environment that was too dry.

Beautiful hanging harvest of fat buds bro!

Thanks for the input on hang-drying folks.

My 2x2 is in a middle room of the house and is on the top floor. I can't really control the temps in there unless I adjust the temp of the entire house.

I moved the hanging plant to the basement tent where things are a little more flexible.

I've got them hanging in there at 70F with 52%RH.

Thanks again.

Less air movement will slow the drying down, but you do need a little,or rot could happen...
Now I'm wondering if they are too close to each other to dry properly.
As long as they're not touching each other, they should dry just fine...you can always use some short sticks between them to push them apart if they touch...

Man, that's a lot of weed from that little auto!

Less air movement will slow the drying down, but you do need a little,or rot could happen...

As long as they're not touching each other, they should dry just fine...you can always use some short sticks between them to push them apart if they touch...

Man, that's a lot of weed from that little auto!
Thanks for that Mr. C. She did okay by me.

Her story is not over yet. You may recall that at some point I discovered her "weirdness" may have been related to a knot that formed in her trunk early in life, just underneath the soil.

At some point I want to get that root ball out, wash it off and see exactly what went on. (I am so far behind in getting rid of pots and soil from prior grows that it's a wonder the Mrs. will speak to me at all! Hmm. Come to think of it, she doesn't really say that much to me these days. :straightface:)

I'll share my findings, of course.

I am so far behind in getting rid of pots and soil from prior grows
Yeah, my corner of the garage is getting a little crowded with used pots and grow stuff too...fortunately, Mrs.C never goes out there...if she ever does, she'll ask that age-old question: "Just how much fu*king grow shit does one person need"?

Yeah, my corner of the garage is getting a little crowded with used pots and grow stuff too...fortunately, Mrs.C never goes out there...if she ever does, she'll ask that age-old question: "Just how much fu*king grow shit does one person need"?
And you'll give the age-old answer, "Huh?" :laugh:

I had that problem also. But fixed it. Cost me good 300 bucks but it's fixed

Congrats on the harvest GDB! Buds lookin juicy and thicc. I’m usually drying in a shed that’s 90+ degrees because the wife won’t let me stink up the house. So my drying lacks all the necessities (the humidity is way to low also so I done fear mold as much as others that can do it the right way). I usually pack mine tight to slow it down as much as possible but it’s ready in like 5 days or so lol.

Congrats on the harvest GDB! Buds lookin juicy and thicc. I’m usually drying in a shed that’s 90+ degrees because the wife won’t let me stink up the house. So my drying lacks all the necessities (the humidity is way to low also so I done fear mold as much as others that can do it the right way). I usually pack mine tight to slow it down as much as possible but it’s ready in like 5 days or so lol.
A box would help but you need to find one big enough to fit your wife in. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom