Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Congrats on the harvest GDB! Buds lookin juicy and thicc. I’m usually drying in a shed that’s 90+ degrees because the wife won’t let me stink up the house. So my drying lacks all the necessities (the humidity is way to low also so I done fear mold as much as others that can do it the right way). I usually pack mine tight to slow it down as much as possible but it’s ready in like 5 days or so lol.
Brooooo...literally evaporating all the terpene goodness.

Please don't speak of this blasphemy ever again! :yummy::laugh:
I'm messing with you. I understand trying to keep the Queen happy. I'm lucky that mine is so used to all things cannabis, including the kids, that they just know when it's harvest time, the house I'd going to smell yummy for a while.

Have you considered drying them in the refrigerator? I don't find that it smells bad at all. Granted, I have an extra fridge in the garage though so I don't take up food space to do it. I have done a few harvests that way and it does work well. Just reaaaaaally slow. Then incorporating the rice balls to finish them up. After that, lock them up in jars and let them cure!

Brooooo...literally evaporating all the terpene goodness.

Please don't speak of this blasphemy ever again! :yummy::laugh:
I'm messing with you. I understand trying to keep the Queen happy. I'm lucky that mine is so used to all things cannabis, including the kids, that they just know when it's harvest time, the house I'd going to smell yummy for a while.

Have you considered drying them in the refrigerator? I don't find that it smells bad at all. Granted, I have an extra fridge in the garage though so I don't take up food space to do it. I have done a few harvests that way and it does work well. Just reaaaaaally slow. Then incorporating the rice balls to finish them up. After that, lock them up in jars and let them cure!
Tell me about it… After all the hard work I fall on my face at the finish line every time lol. I don’t have an extra fridge or I would try it. Maybe I can find one on Craigslist before harvest or something. Maybe I can talk her into it this year? She doesn’t even really like me growing it so I’ll take my terpeneless buds over nothing I guess haha.

She doesn’t even really like me growing it so I’ll take my terpeneless buds over nothing I guess haha.
That blows dude. Sorry to hear that. Maybe in time, she'll come to understand how it helps you more than be a harm to you or anyone else.
I was thinking about moving her into the shed for a couple weeks come harvest
Great idea!!!

Tell me about it… After all the hard work I fall on my face at the finish line every time lol. I don’t have an extra fridge or I would try it.
Is it worth trying whole plant drying to slow it down a bit? If so, I'd even cut the plant out by the roots with a bread knife or similar to help it dry as slowly as possible in the circumstances. Just a thought!

That blows dude. Sorry to hear that. Maybe in time, she'll come to understand how it helps you more than be a harm to you or anyone else.

Great
Is it worth trying whole plant drying to slow it down a bit? If so, I'd even cut the plant out by the roots with a bread knife or similar to help it dry as slowly as possible in the circumstances. Just a thought!
I’ve thought about it. I usually harvest the main tops then leave the rest for 2-3 more weeks to get more sunlight. I also like to trim before I hang because it’s easier to me. But it might be worth it! I gotta find a way to make my drying environment better because it does suck to have them dry so quickly

I’ve thought about it. I usually harvest the main tops then leave the rest for 2-3 more weeks to get more sunlight. I also like to trim before I hang because it’s easier to me. But it might be worth it! I gotta find a way to make my drying environment better because it does suck to have them dry so quickly
I whole plant dry myself. I try to cut out the main root mass and leave the fan leaves on, so that way the drying slows down a lot when compared to cutting individual colas which dehydrate much quicker.

Hello growers.

I took a taste of the recently harvested weird Purple and Black Cream last night.

Neither has been cured. The weird Purple was a little tester bud that had been dried on my radiator for about 5 days. The Black Cream and been slow drying in the fridge since Jan. 6th.

Both surprised me in that I could actually taste a hint of berry in each one. Typically, I'm unable to discern specific tastes from any weed that I smoke but these are different. I was also surprised by their relatively pleasant and smooth hit for uncured weed.

The weird Purple produced a really nice buzz. Since I tried the Black Cream immediately after the Purple, I can't really say how it hit me because I was already "hit."

The third test was a mix of the two together and that bowl was really tasty!

Now to wait on the cure. :yummy:

Nice GDB, sounds like some tasty smoke! I really like the fruity terps.

I find the best way to give weed a taste is to roll a joint then take a drag on it before you light it, it’s really easy to taste all the terpy goodness!

I find the best way to give weed a taste is to roll a joint then take a drag on it before you light it, it’s really easy to taste all the terpy goodness!
I do that every time! And I get the same result, a hint of what taste is to come.

The reason I do it is because after I roll I joint I like to pull from each end before lighting it to see which way is pulls the best! :ganjamon:

Nice GDB, sounds like some tasty smoke! I really like the fruity terps.

I do that every time! And I get the same result, a hint of what taste is to come.

The reason I do it is because after I roll I joint I like to pull from each end before lighting it to see which way is pulls the best! :ganjamon:

I find that when clean, the @PerfectPipe with a new filter in it delivers the best taste of the bud.

I just wish it had a bigger capacity.

Hello growers.

The deed is done. The weird Purple went peacefully this morning, with only some jazz music in the background.

She was smelly and sticky, always good signs. No sign of rot, an even better sign. And no sign of bugs, the best sign!

Here is her obit pic:
weird Purple END 3-2-22 Day 110.JPG

A few bud pics:
w Purple END bud II.JPG

W Purple END bud.JPG

A chopped pic:
W Purple END chopped.jpg

And a scale pic:
weird Purple END on scale.jpg

I should get at least 3+ ounces dry from this one, far exceeding the weight of the seed used to grow her! :Rasta:

My 2x2 tent is idle now since I tossed the ARC clone, so I think I'll use it to hang-dry this plant. The fridge currently has so many jars in it that it's in my best interest not to add any more!

I took a few testers from her and they're on a radiator, in foil, drying out. I'll let you know what she hits like in a few days.

Thanks for hanging in there with me for 110 days. That length was not anticipated when I started this grow, but with autos you just never know.

Peace.
Mini :) But looks spicy!

I smoked some stuff the other day been cured for a while in jar 62 pack w/it .. Damn shit taste like flowers out the yard or Something Weird! didn't get hi for shit put the joint out smoked something else ! Then day later lite it and got fucked up as a can O worms still taste weird but not as floral . Glad its doing the trick GDB :lot-o-toke:

I smoked some stuff the other day been cured for a while in jar 62 pack w/it .. Damn shit taste like flowers out the yard or Something Weird! didn't get hi for shit put the joint out smoked something else ! Then day later lite it and got fucked up as a can O worms still taste weird but not as floral . Glad its doing the trick GDB :lot-o-toke:
That's kinda' strange for one day to make a difference like that! The second day you must have lived up to your moniker and "smoked it better." :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom