Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Thanks Moony. If the temps need to be that low at night then I guess I won't be seeing any purple. My temps range from about 76F during the day and then 65F at night. I'm not keen on mucking with that environment because I like it!
You only need to get your temps down 5 degrees at night for coloration. Purples come out with a 15 degree temp shift between day and night. The stress will be minimal. Basically the temp shift causes the chlorophyl to start breaking down which allows for anthocyanins to shine.

(As well as giving plants their vibrant colors, anthocyanins are also thought to have certain health benefits. According to Khoo et al., “Scientific studies, such as cell culture studies, animal models, and human clinical trials, show that anthocyanidins and anthocyanins possess antioxidative and antimicrobial activities, improve visual and neurological health, and protect against various non-communicable diseases.”)

Hello grow folks.

I have an update on the Auto Show on Day 81!

I'm excited because I last fed them 2 days ago and today most of the pots were still weighty. They're losing their thirst and thus nearing their end! The sole exception was the weird Purple. Her pot was as light as a could be and she's still drinking like crazy.

Pics are in order!

Black Cream
I had to chuckle when took a good look at her today. She's giving me my purple...in her leaves!
Black Cream 2-1-22 Day 81.jpg

Smoothie I
The big, little Smoothie.
Smoothie I 2-1-22 Day 81 (2).jpg

Smoothie
The little, little Smoothie
Smoothie 2-1-22 Day 81.jpg

Alaskan Purple
Her buds got chonky all of a sudden! They're solid now, but not purple.
Alaskan Purple 2-1-22 Day 81 (3).jpg

weird Purple
Not purple.
weird Purple 2-1-22 Day 81 (1).jpg

Tent pic for scale.
Lots of room to spare. :Rasta:
Auto Show tent 2-1-22 Day 81.jpg

Sincere thanks for looking in.

Peace.
That Alaskan purp looks good . Like have that one. Let me know how it smokes please
Highya GDP,

Little ladies are looking good! I was thinking while looking at your post - it's not the purple that gets you high. Color is nice to look at, but I value top shelf bud more! And it looks like you'll have a nice stash at harvest time! Also, I did see white pistils on a couple of them. Happy Smokin'
Color makes it unique it's helps the smoke . Cause when I smoke and take deep inhale. I say dam that plant was good. And pretty. And I need to make more that sht. Lmao. It helps trust me

Hello growers.

I'm as happy as can be!

All three seeds for the Express Grow sprouted tap roots. That doesn't happen for me a lot so I'm celebrating! :yahoo:

Great genetics @Weed Seeds Express. Needless to say, whenever I don't get 100% germination it's due to inferior genetics! :laughtwo:

Grape Ape
Grape Ape tap root 2-2-22.JPG

Pinkman Goo
Pinkman Goo tap root 2-2-22.JPG

Black Domina
Black Domina tap root 2-2-22.JPG

Those little tails are all I need to see. I won't wait until they're any longer, they're getting buried before bedtime.

I prepped their cups with FFOF with an inch layer of Coast of Maine Organic Seed Starter on top. The seed starter has about 1/3 tsp of earth worm casting stirred in. The cups have been moistened and placed on the heating mat.

The last time I used a solo cupful of the Seed Starter and was not that impressed with how the babies grew after they emerged from the soil. So this time it's FFOF underneath the Starter for the win!

Express Grow Seeds ready 2-2-22.JPG

The hard part, for me anyway, comes next. The bury and the wait! Nerve wracking, I say. :straightface:

Most of the plants in The Auto Show on Day 82 are drinking less, the exception being the weird Purple.

I thought it would be a good time to scope some trichs. I chose to chop a bud off the smallest Smoothie and take a look. (Chopping a bud off of the Black Cream would take half the plant! :laughtwo:. ) Both of the purples still have a ways to go so I'm not checking them.

Help me out here, please. What are your thoughts on roughly how much longer for this one?
Smoothie trich 1 2-2-22.jpg

Smoothie trich 3 2-2-22.jpg

Smootie trich 2 2-2-22.jpg

As always, thanks for taking an interest in the goings ons!

Peace.

Nice to see your newest beans with their tails sticking out! I’m sure you’ll see some little sprouts breaking the surface soon.

As far as harvest time.
I'd say you're in the harvest window from those pics. You could wait for more amber but I don't see much in the way of clear. :thumb:

^^ this ^^

Highya GranDaddy Black,

Love the Trich pics! Some amber is good. That's when I chop mine. Strange not to have more white trichomes. Never seen that before. Try a testor bud and see how it is quick dried.

Congrats on the WSE seeds germinating. Looks like another fun grow! Happy Smokin'

Nice start. Clean tent and tails wagging It looks like the express is off and rolling. :goodluck:

Help me out here, please
Chop em, Chill em, Roll em and Smoke em. :rollit:

you can send my consulting fee to my PObx
and misspell my last name just in case.

Thanks for the input folks! Second opinions really do help a lot.

Since I just fed them last night, I'll let the Smoothies and the Black Cream go for a few more days and then take them down. :ganjamon:

Congrats on the harvests GDB. Your thread really moves fast. Missed a couple days and 6 pages later... all caught up now. Great start on the new grow.
Those autos look close. :yummy:

Hello growers.

I don't have much to report today. This is a stressful time for me. I spend way too much time shooting glances at my solo cups full of soil, waiting for something to emerge. :straightface:

But enough about my issues.

Curiosity got the best of me this morning and I cut off a small piece of the Black Cream (from the Auto Show Day 83) to scope it.

I was surprised to see a hint of purple deep within.
Black Cream trich 2 2-3-22 Day 83.jpg

Black Cream trich 2-3-22 Day 83.jpg

This one and the 2 Smoothies are coming down on Saturday!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Highya GDB,

Love the trichome pic. I'm glad you're chopping on Saturday. She looks ready to me. At least that's where I chop. Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom